Yeti is indeed being fixed! Update 8/4/2014

floam

Or maybe, people have provided the facts and others choose not to believe them or just don't understand them.

I never heard about a sled being connected to the Yeti's back. It is a Thomson Rod that rides in a huge Linear Slide. The sled they are talking about is under his right foot and when he basically pivots near the ride track, it is bearing most of the weight, the rod in his back basically just stabilizes him. His left arm and left foot are just dummy actuators. So he is pivoting on his left and swinging his right arm.

He has a lot of Yak hair(yes, actual Yak hair) on him and adds a lot of weight and other problems with his coverings that needed some repairs, just like all AA figures. But when you go changing the computer program and parameters, and then that shifts stresses to other parts, then it develops cracks in other parts. Then they complained to WDI that it was due to bad engineering and wanted WDI to fix it. When WDI investigated the problems and saw all the unauthorized changes that were made, they said basically that voided the warranty. So WDW/DAK would have to pay for the repairs. So they have a lot of repairs planned, but who is going to pay for it is the big problem!! So until someone wants to spend some money to fix it, it will just sit there.

Yeti's hair is custom made and is composed of three different types of animal hair, only one of which is Yak's hair. Regarding the WDI warranty claim part of the post. WDI will usually only pay for problems encountered during the first year of operation. Yeti started to crack virtually from day ONE! Obviously the problems where not as extensive or severe back then, but everyone on the opening team knew about the issues from the start.

Alektronic

Yeti's hair is custom made and is composed of three different types of animal hair, only one of which is Yak's hair. Regarding the WDI warranty claim part of the post. WDI will usually only pay for problems encountered during the first year of operation. Yeti started to crack virtually from day ONE! Obviously the problems where not as extensive or severe back then, but everyone on the opening team knew about the issues from the start.

REALLY? Everyone knew about it? I was on the opening team and I never heard about it. And I ACTUALLY worked on him!!

baskinthemagic

Livin' to Bask in the Magic!
I can absolutely attest that the hair covering the yeti is indeed the hair of a yak! You see… I am the very yak that sold his hair to WDI. Although I loved my beautiful hair it was my wedding anniversary and I sold my hair to buy my wife a golden chain for her diamond pendant. The sad thing is when my wife got home I learned that she sold her pendant to buy me flea shampoo. We laughed and laughed over that one.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I can absolutely attest that the hair covering the yeti is indeed the hair of a yak! You see… I am the very yak that sold his hair to WDI. Although I loved my beautiful hair it was my wedding anniversary and I sold my hair to buy my wife a golden chain for her diamond pendant. The sad thing is when my wife got home I learned that she sold her pendant to buy me flea shampoo. We laughed and laughed over that one.
Clever you are.

Magenta Panther

Ah, the Gift of the Magi...it's been recast and retold and reworked so many times that it should have been titled The Neverending Story...

RSoxNo1

Or maybe, people have provided the facts and others choose not to believe them or just don't understand them.

I never heard about a sled being connected to the Yeti's back. It is a Thomson Rod that rides in a huge Linear Slide. The sled they are talking about is under his right foot and when he basically pivots near the ride track, it is bearing most of the weight, the rod in his back basically just stabilizes him. His left arm and left foot are just dummy actuators. So he is pivoting on his left and swinging his right arm.

He has a lot of Yak hair(yes, actual Yak hair) on him and adds a lot of weight and other problems with his coverings that needed some repairs, just like all AA figures. But when you go changing the computer program and parameters, and then that shifts stresses to other parts, then it develops cracks in other parts. Then they complained to WDI that it was due to bad engineering and wanted WDI to fix it. When WDI investigated the problems and saw all the unauthorized changes that were made, they said basically that voided the warranty. So WDW/DAK would have to pay for the repairs. So they have a lot of repairs planned, but who is going to pay for it is the big problem!! So until someone wants to spend some money to fix it, it will just sit there.
Just so that I understand this a little better. Are you saying that Park Operations changed the actual programming of the animatronic? Is this normal?

ToTBellHop

Just so that I understand this a little better. Are you saying that Park Operations changed the actual programming of the animatronic? Is this normal?
BecUse they, of course, would be the ones with the necessary knowledge to modify activity in a one-of-a-kind AA...

Alektronic

Park Ops doesn't touch anything, sometimes they may think they know but usually don't but it depends on the CM.

Engineering Services (Maintenance) does all the repairs and adjustments. There are PM's to check each figure and recalibrate each function.
If they have to replace or repair certain parts then it needs to changed or recalibrated. If certain functions are causing other problems, like too much stress on its skin or clothing or coverings, then the program can be changed to smooth out other problems.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom