Yeti is indeed being fixed! Update 8/4/2014

lazyboy97o

I understand, but I don't think I'm being ridiculous. If the yeti really has been removed, then take a picture of where he usually stands with no yeti. It's really not that hard. I'd go and do it if I could.
Nobody said the yeti is currently removed, just that it has been removed in the past. If you search you might find pictures from that time.

JimboJones123

Magenta Pantagreest: 6283093 said:
So Disney's going to continue to operate a broken ride because Iger is too cheap to fix it. Way to build a legacy, Bobby!

BTW, the failure of the yeti is the reason I have no idea why some people worship Joe Rohdes...the yeti was HIS baby, right? Who the hell built the thing so poorly anyway? Garner Holt?
This. And I totally agree. Joe still looks like a ROCKSTAR poser in the wake of the Yeti.

cspencer96

That was over three years ago.
Awkward. Didn't realize that. So was it actually removed then?
It was, three years ago and possibly other times. The point they were making with saying it has been removed before (not now) is that removal and replacement of the Yeti does NOT require any extreme measures. It can be done in a matter of hours, according to @marni1971. If EE does close, it will likely mean they are doing an actual refurb along with possibly fixing the yeti. Maybe. I hope.

TL;DR Yeti is still there now, afaik, may leave soon for surgery, but who knows?

SosoDude

I belive the problem with yeti being in B mode has to do with structural issues of the ride caused by the extreme torque the yeti .

That is my understanding from seeing this topic on wdwmagic for years now.

So, its not the yeti as much as it is the support and structure around the yeti that needs fixing.

WildcatDen

I can't believe how many times I've looked at that photo and never made the 7 and 4 connection!

Thanks for clearing that mystery up for me.
I think I have figured out@ wdw74 identify. Using the panel 7 breaker 4 layout and putting it over the Hollywood Square Game Show board circa 80's, we can deduce that our spirit is none other than Paul Lynn

cspencer96

This thread has a pattern. First, a misconception or rumor is posted (again) about the structure, foundation cracks, blah blah blah. Then, someone who either knows what is going on with the Yeti as an insider or has simply paid attention to the insiders' posts explains what the issue is and that removing the yeti isn't that hard. Everyone goes "Oh, ok." Then the pattern repeats.

Smiddimizer

This thread has a pattern. First, a misconception or rumor is posted (again) about the structure, foundation cracks, blah blah blah. Then, someone who either knows what is going on with the Yeti as an insider or has simply paid attention to the insiders' posts explains what the issue is and that removing the yeti isn't that hard. Everyone goes "Oh, ok." Then the pattern repeats.

Then people start arguing about muppets.

Magenta Panther

Speaking of returning to the topic at hand, here's a blurb posted by Travel and Leisure.com:

Disco Yeti

The largest and most complicated audio-animatronic ever assembled is the 22-foot-tall Yeti inside Expedition Everest (Disney’s Animal Kingdom)—and it doesn’t work. When the ride opened in 2006, it lunged menacingly at every passing train, but its systems couldn’t sustain the intensity, and it had to be turned off. Now its design-failure immobilization is concealed with a strobe-light effect, spurring some guests to nickname it “Disco Yeti.”

Well, if the tourists didn't know about the broken yeti before, good ol' Travel and Leisure has just enlightened them. Good job! :D

Mawg

I didn't say hours. I don't know the exact time.

But it doesn't take weeks.

He didn't say how many hours. People can measure time how every they want. Me I usually use fortnights.

According to marni1971, the Yeti can be removed in less than a fortnight or in less than 336 hrs.

boufa

Wow..

Here is what I have taken from this long conversation... Using our many years of engineering, and theme park management experience... We can all come together and pool our resources, then as a community of like minded individuals, and mail WDI the paperclip that it would take to fix the Yeti, and give them 15 minutes to let Kermit install it. All good!

I'm going to in late September, if we could get this thing moving and done so that the failed Yeti doesn't ruin my trip yet again, that would be great!

Nick Wilde

Wow..

Here is what I have taken from this long conversation... Using our many years of engineering, and theme park management experience... We can all come together and pool our resources, then as a community of like minded individuals, and mail WDI the paperclip that it would take to fix the Yeti, and give them 15 minutes to let Kermit install it. All good!

I'm going to in late September, if we could get this thing moving and done so that the failed Yeti doesn't ruin my trip yet again, that would be great!
I volunteer $20!

Castle Cake Apologist

Wow..

I think we're going to need more than just a paperclip. I heard they have to tear all of Walt Disney World down in order to get to the yeti.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom