Yet another WDW NEWS UPDATE!!!!

FLcastmember

Original Poster
Back by popular demand, another update. I have a great source now, and ALL of this IS OFFICIAL, of course as always, subject to change.....here we go........

MGM NEWS....

100 YoM Icon (mickeys hat)

Starting on Feb 23rd to March 19th, The 100 YoM logo will be removed. Then a new element will be added. I have no idea what but i heard our imagineers have something good planned. And considering the lenth of this rehab, something decent might be going on there. This CONFIRMS that it is here to stay for a wile.

Indiana Jones

No shows on FEB 1st or 8th due to competions being held in the theater.

New York Street

Getting face lift similar to Main Streets last year. New paint...ect ect..... this will be ongoing throughout the spring.

Great Movie Ride.

Rehab from March 3rd to April 13th.

Epcot

China, as we know, getting new movie and rehab of theater.
Closed from March 26th to May 22nd.

Magic Kingdom

Tony's......Feb 2nd to Feb 6th

Barnstormer......March 2nd to 7th

No Merry-go-round Rehab, as orginal thought, delayed indef.

Buzz.....9th to 14th of FEB. Inside only, no walls will be put up.

and here is an interesting one, i wrote it down on a small piece of paper, but now i forgot what it means now. I wrote down... SDS FEB 2nd to 5th, Anyone know what SDS might stand for?? I am drawing a blank. Help!!!

:)

I have no idea wut SDS would mean.

If I remeber right there was an Kiosk under the hat. Wut will they be doing with that. keep it there??? Anyways thanks for the updates. They are always clean and simple.:D

Monorail Lime

Some people will cry foul that the hat remains after 100 YOM but I am glad it is sticking around. I think it looks very cool (especially at night!) and makes a much better park icon than the Earful Tower.

Thanks for the updates!

Dizknee_Phreek

i don't 'cry foul' that the hat is there...i 'cry foul' because it's staying where it is...i like the hat a whole lot, but for Pete's sake, it does not in any way belong where it is anymore...Disney has always been about creating an atmosphere with detailed themeing, and with recent celebration icons remaining the themeing is being destroyed. now i'll admit, the Epcot sign is really annoying to me, but it doesn't hurt the theme of the park too much. the hat on the other hand is different. i can't possibly get into the classic movie type mood with the big bright blue hat staring me in the face! there's no doubt that it's a beautiful piece of work, but it just needs to be moved somewhere a little more appropriate. i can't really thing of anywhere at the moment other than maybe outside the gate as a welcoming kiosk or something.

hey vinnie, how much money you want to bet that the 100YoM logo will be replaced by an MGM or Disney Studios logo? i have a funny feeling that's what they have up their sleeve! i can seriously picture it! though i don't want it in the least bit!

Scooter

SDS? Hmmm...could stand for A LOT of things.

Share a Dream Show

Sounds Dangerous Show

Some Designated Smoking

Some Downtown Shopping

Scuba Diving @ Seabase alpha

any of these ring a BELL?

:)

JTinCT

new logo under hat

My guess would be that the new logo under the hat will be the "Walt Disney Studios" logo, the one with the silhouette of mickey and the camera on the new merchandise.

JTinCT

one more thing on the hat

I remember when sketches of the hat started to first get around this site, the Stars, Moon and ears were silver not gold. do you think they'll change those items as well? i would like it if they did, the gold is tacky, and when i first saw that they were going with gold i figured it was for the celebration.

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
That's a little long for the GMR to be closed for rehab. Just generals though, right? That's not long enough for them to go and change the whole thing I wouldn't think.

Have a wonderful day!! I love the updates!

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by One Lil Spark
That's a little long for the GMR to be closed for rehab. Just generals though, right? That's not long enough for them to go and change the whole thing I wouldn't think.

Have a wonderful day!! I love the updates!

Don't Worry...

The attraction hasn't been closed for a while, and this will give them enough time to make sure they clean up and fix everything that needs to be fixed. The attraction isn't going to be changing.

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Originally posted by DisneyInsider
Don't Worry...

The attraction hasn't been closed for a while, and this will give them enough time to make sure they clean up and fix everything that needs to be fixed. The attraction isn't going to be changing.
:sohappy: Yaye!

I'd heard rumors of a major overhaul wanting to take place, but wasn't sure if that was carved in stone or what. I knew that time frame wasn't long enough to do any real damage, but just wanted to make sure. Thank you!! :D

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by One Lil Spark
:sohappy: Yaye!

I'd heard rumors of a major overhaul wanting to take place, but wasn't sure if that was carved in stone or what. I knew that time frame wasn't long enough to do any real damage, but just wanted to make sure. Thank you!! :D

There is a rumor...but it has been talked about for years. I have a feeling it won't happen.

Irrawaddy Erik

The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh will being going down sometime around the begining of June to reconfigure the loading area and install load gates.

(psst its a carousel .......a merry go round goes clockwise and a carousel goes conterclockwise hehehe sorry)

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Originally posted by hmppan
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh will being going down sometime around the begining of June to reconfigure the loading area and install load gates.

(psst its a carousel .......a merry go round goes clockwise and a carousel goes conterclockwise hehehe sorry)
:lol: I like that at the end. Some more useless trivia to add to my brain in place of something useful!

Will you let us know exact dates if you ever get them. That's when I'm going next, and my youngest sister didn't get to ride it at New Years and she'll cry if she can't ride it again! Thanks bud. :D

SirNim

Originally posted by hmppan
Carousels are in America, Merry-Go-Rounds are in Europe, right?:) Generally...:)

Quentin Disney

Originally posted by FLcastmember

100 YoM Icon (mickeys hat)

Starting on Feb 23rd to March 19th, The 100 YoM logo will be removed. Then a new element will be added. I have no idea what but i heard our imagineers have something good planned. And considering the lenth of this rehab, something decent might be going on there. This CONFIRMS that it is here to stay for a wile.

Gee, I wish people here could believe me when I said the Hat was staying. It's very obvious that it won't be going down anytime soon. The hat is all over the new park-specific merchandise and is featured in various WDW promotional material. There is also a merchandise shop under this structure and Disney would have to shut down that if the hat were to close for good. Considering the Hat is in a major location and the flagship location for major pin releases in that park, it would be quite ludicrous (sp) to shut down such a place. (Of course, the shop WILL be down temp for the removal).

As I work in the area that includes the hat, all I know right now that the walls will come up around Feb 28th. The 100 years logo and "Discover the Story Behind the Magic" kiosks will be removed. I still don't know what they will do with the space, but I don't think they will be adding more merch space since it would be exposed to the elements. We are always trying to keep stuff from blowing off the racks when it's windy! In case you haven't been under the hat, the space their makes it almost like a wind tunnel during gusty days.

One more thing, on a personal level. I don't care if the hat was on the darn Tower of Terror, next to Cindy's Castle, the hat is the best Disney World icon. Watching it light up in the night is fantastic! I am proud to be one of the Cast working at this location. Say what you want to say about it, but LONG LIVE THE HAT!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom