Yet another WDW NEWS UPDATE!!!!

FLcastmember

Original Poster
Originally posted by hmppan
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh will being going down sometime around the begining of June to reconfigure the loading area and install load gates.

(psst its a carousel .......a merry go round goes clockwise and a carousel goes conterclockwise hehehe sorry)

Funny story why I called it that, as I obvioulsly new the real name, anyway I couldn't for the life of me remember how to spell carousel. So I went with the wrong name instead of the mis spelling. :)

ToTBellHop

Re: Re: Yet another WDW NEWS UPDATE!!!!

Originally posted by Quentin Disney
Gee, I wish people here could believe me when I said the Hat was staying. It's very obvious that it won't be going down anytime soon. The hat is all over the new park-specific merchandise and is featured in various WDW promotional material.
When exactly were you saying that? We have known it was permanent since December 2001, when it was declared the official MGM park icon...and I am not going to get into the conversation of why it is where it is again, or why it belongs there...never been a fan of beating dead dogs.

Jerm

Re: new logo under hat

Originally posted by JTinCT
My guess would be that the new logo under the hat will be the "Walt Disney Studios" logo, the one with the silhouette of mickey and the camera on the new merchandise.

O.K. have to nit pick here that merchandise has been around for ever I have a pin with that logo on it from 2000. I have a bad feeling we will get a ugly hand growing out the side of it with the year on it.......oh wait already done at a diffrent park. It would be nice if they just left it as is with out anything on it, it would still look as nice as it can.......blocking the coolest looking wheen since the castle.....but anyway..............

Just 2 cents worth,
J

Nineinchnailsmk

my guess would be what is on the new magical moments pin:'

Walt Disney World
The Magical Place to Be.

That would be my guess for whats to be put underneath the hat.

As for SDS. isnt that what they call shuttle missions? or is it STS. I dont remember (sorry to bring up the shuttle).

Sidebar: Kinda creepy, but my parents were in WDW and the Cape when the shuttle went off, they watched it take off and they wanted to bring me back a gift from the Cape. They were gonna get me a kennedy space center shirt, but my dad thought he should get a Columbia Shirt with the patch and whatnot on it. Well, i forgot they got it for me..this was a week ago, until i found the shirt this morning while doing laundry...i was like: "OHH!"

Anyway, Thats my guess....

Frontierland CM

I guess I'm one of the few who love the sorcere's hat. Sorcere Mickey is my favorite Disney character, and I think of magical moments in Disney Movies when I see the new icon. If they did move it, the only place it would work would be to the left of gmr, as a gateway to the backlot. Right now, I think of it as a gateway yo the Chinese Theater.

Have a good day all! :)

ImaginationHost

Ok....

First off...Is it a for sure that China's getting a new movie?

Secondly....I know the gates are coming to Pooh, but won't this screw up the load procedures? Anyone?

stale32441

WARNING: Thread Drift !

(psst its a carousel .......a merry go round goes clockwise and a carousel goes conterclockwise hehehe sorry)

Isn't the difference one involves moving horses (up and down) and one involves stationary horsies.
Alas, I do not remember which is which...:confused:

SirNim

Originally posted by stale32441
Isn't the difference one involves moving horses (up and down) and one involves stationary horsies.
No. It does not matter if the horses jump or not... The only difference is the direction in which it turns, counterclockwise or clockwise

Irrawaddy Erik

Originally posted by stale32441

not always b/c a carousel can have stationary horses

Irrawaddy Erik

Originally posted by ImaginationHost
Ok....

First off...Is it a for sure that China's getting a new movie?

Secondly....I know the gates are coming to Pooh, but won't this screw up the load procedures? Anyone?

From what I understand they are working on Doors for the Honey Pots, New Load Gates, and the loading area is probably going to get a comeplete redo......The loading area is a very bad accident waiting to happen

Dizknee_Phreek

not always b/c a carousel can have stationary horses

just another little tidbit on this thread drift...i'm sure the direction stems back from the glory days of horse races...Britian's went one way, and then they started in America and we made them go the opposite way cuz we didn't want to be like the British....at least that's what my KY Studies/Global Issues teacher told us. :)

kennyj29

Logo

I Love the Epcot sign over the sphere and I also love the Socerer's hat!!!! The Scocerers hat is the best symbol that I've seen so far!!! It's so totally Disney!!!! I don't know why people don't like it????? Why is the Epcot sign on top of the sphere so hated? I don't understand it. The sphere is still beautiful. I don't get it?:brick:

BDF

Here's some more info for the thread drift crew:

"Carousel" vs. "Merry-Go-Round"...The two words can be used interchangeably, although "carousel" has come into favor as people have come to appreciate their beauty--maybe because it sounds fancier.

Very early carousels were created in both England and France, where they were called different things. The word "carousel" comes from the French, while merry-go-round seems to come from the English term "roundabout."

Dizknee_Phreek

Re: Logo

Originally posted by kennyj29
I Love the Epcot sign over the sphere and I also love the Socerer's hat!!!! The Scocerers hat is the best symbol that I've seen so far!!! It's so totally Disney!!!! I don't know why people don't like it????? Why is the Epcot sign on top of the sphere so hated? I don't understand it. The sphere is still beautiful. I don't get it?:brick:

well, i can only speak for myself on this. i hate the Sorcerer's Hat because it completely blocks the view of the Chinese Theater. to me, the Chinese Theater IS MGM...it's what gives it a certain golden age of film feel. without being able to see it clearly down that stretch just takes that feeling away. i don't like Disney World because of the thrills or the newer, brighter things...i like it because of the feelings it gives me and because of the time and effort they put into achieveing that atmosphere. the Hat just takes all that away. sure, it's beautiful, but i'd like it a lot more if it were placed somewhere else.

as for the Epcot sign...it was gorgeous when it was 2000, but i despise the Epcot. for one thing, it totally takes the attention off the splendor that is Spaceship Earth. because of the splash of color, the sign is what makes the first impression...the color draws your eyes off of SE and to the sign. plus, the damn thing is just gaudy! and i've always hated how it makes it seem like Disney thinks we're stupid...like we don't already know where we are :hammer:
but that's just me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom