Yesterday's Observations - Everest changes - Soarin - SE & Breakdowns

AndyMagic

For a ride with so few practical effects it is ashame that they can't even get something as simple as mist to work properly. What is going on? They can put us into space and have us travel back in time to come face to face with dinosaurs but steam and fog is apparently too complicated? I bet you these effects will work for about 2 weeks after grand opening and then never work again because they aren't thought to be "important enough." This is similar to the "incoming" dinosaur on DINOSAUR except at least that ride is filled with other things to look at. I think the biggest problem with the ride is the reliance on ONE bombastic effect (the big AA) and when that isn't working, it becomes a pretty rollercoaster instead of memorable experience. Perhaps they shouldn't have put all their eggs in one basket. I'd rather have multiple effects and a better first two show scenes and have a slightly less impressive Yeti than what we have now.

peter11435

AndyMagic said:
For a ride with so few practical effects it is ashame that they can't even get something as simple as mist to work properly. What is going on? They can put us into space and have us travel back in time to come face to face with dinosaurs but steam and fog is apparently too complicated? I bet you these effects will work for about 2 weeks after grand opening and then never work again because they aren't thought to be "important enough." This is similar to the "incoming" dinosaur on DINOSAUR except at least that ride is filled with other things to look at. I think the biggest problem with the ride is the reliance on ONE bombastic effect (the big AA) and when that isn't working, it becomes a pretty rollercoaster instead of memorable experience. Perhaps they shouldn't have put all their eggs in one basket. I'd rather have multiple effects and a better first two show scenes and have a slightly less impressive Yeti than what we have now.
Remember the attractions is not even officialy open yet. They are still in a test and adjust period.

MichelleBelle

Poor WDW... seems like some major overhauls are needed. Keep in mind though, the scope of WDW and how it's open year-round. Things are bound to have down time, although when so many things are down/closed/broken all at once it kind of ruins the experience. I agree about the inept CM's or rude CM's making situations worse, but it's good to hear there's also CM's acting like they should be and trying to keep spirits up even when all the attractions aren't up.

As for Everest and the mist and steam and all that not working... the ride isn't even "open" yet. I'm sure these things will come back, but technically everything is probably still being tested and the timing and everything needs to be perfect so I bet they're working on it. I wish I could get there to ride it, but I don't think it's gonna happen :cry:

kevlightyear

Lee is right. As a first time rider getting B mode (this was right after park opening, too, so there's no telling how long it stayed in B mode), it was disappointing. It was hard to see, and not until I got very close did I even realize it was THE yeti. The ride as a whole was still good, but all the hype leading to a motionless dark yeti was umimpressive. I still have faith that's it's mindblowing when in A mode, though, and look forward to that ride.

kevlightyear said:
Lee is right. As a first time rider getting B mode (this was right after park opening, too, so there's no telling how long it stayed in B mode), it was disappointing. It was hard to see, and not until I got very close did I even realize it was THE yeti. The ride as a whole was still good, but all the hype leading to a motionless dark yeti was umimpressive. I still have faith that's it's mindblowing when in A mode, though, and look forward to that ride.

Its better in A mode, but you still move too fast to really enjoy it. Too bad they don't put that "projection" into B mode...lol. I personally believe that the projection effect would be MUCH more effective if they added more effects to the back of room (shake the track when the Yeti jumps into the picture, blast sound from behind the train so that the rider feels that the Yeti is actually behind them somewhere and what they are seeing is actually a shadow, to me, it felt too much like what it really was, a projection on the wall...). I really hope some cool extras are added for the opening, I still stick by original opinion that the interior of the ride is still far inferior to the magnificent exterior.

AndyMagic

SoFlaDisneyFan said:
Its better in A mode, but you still move too fast to really enjoy it. Too bad they don't put that "projection" into B mode...lol. I personally believe that the projection effect would be MUCH more effective if they added more effects to the back of room (shake the track when the Yeti jumps into the picture, blast sound from behind the train so that the rider feels that the Yeti is actually behind them somewhere and what they are seeing is actually a shadow, to me, it felt too much like what it really was, a projection on the wall...). I really hope some cool extras are added for the opening, I still stick by original opinion that the interior of the ride is still far inferior to the magnificent exterior.

I couldn't agree more. They were more concerned with making a spectacular visual draw than actually making a visually engaging and detailed ride.

1stStarIC2nite

SoFlaDisneyFan said:

I agree as well.... I loved the ride, but I was so disappointed whenever you began the backwards section and you could clearly see the "warehouse-style" support structure. Terrible show! It really ruined the experience... the theming was so incredible... it really made you feel like you were on a mountain... until that part.. which made me realize I'm just on a ride. That's the only thing that really bugged me... maybe they could enclose it? Add dense fog and lights so you can't see it? I really think they should work on that area...

Main Street USA

AndyMagic said:
I couldn't agree more. They were more concerned with making a spectacular visual draw than actually making a visually engaging and detailed ride.
I can't remember the time you posted anything positive about WDW. You're clearly a "Universal Studios is amazing and can't be beat" type of guy, and it shows in every post you make. No one that has seen your past posts can even read what you write and take it seriously because you're biased from the word "go." Your negative posts carry ZERO weight, so don't bother. Not only that, you act as if this attraction is a let down, and state it as so based on PREVIEWS. My god, when you first rode "The Mummy" over at Universal it was probably before it opened, and I'm sure you had nothing but praise, and when somone else shot it down....oh my god! BLASPHEMY! It's almost laughable. I'm assuming the only reason you've been a member here for so long is to shove your lame, one sided opinions on WDW fans. Don't bother. We all know the truth about who is ahead in the Universal/Disney theme park race. It's obvious to everyone but you, and your posts only make you look less than bright. ;) It may be entirely true that Everest has faults as of yet, but IT ISN'T EVEN OPEN, and you're lucky you got the chance to step on it early. If you don't like it and want to base your opinion on previews, then don't go ride it again. Less line for the rest of us who know to wait for April 7th.

AndyMagic

Main Street USA said:
I can't remember the time you posted anything positive about WDW. You're clearly a "Universal Studios is amazing and can't be beat" type of guy, and it shows in every post you make. No one that has seen your past posts can even read what you write and take it seriously because you're biased from the word "go." Your negative posts carry ZERO weight, so don't bother. Not only that, you act as if this attraction is a let down, and state it as so based on PREVIEWS. My god, when you first rode "The Mummy" over at Universal it was probably before it opened, and I'm sure you had nothing but praise, and when somone else shot it down....oh my god! BLASPHEMY! It's almost laughable. I'm assuming the only reason you've been a member here for so long is to shove your lame, one sided opinions on WDW fans. Don't bother. We all know the truth about who is ahead in the Universal/Disney theme park race. It's obvious to everyone but you, and your posts only make you look less than bright. ;) It may be entirely true that Everest has faults as of yet, but IT ISN'T EVEN OPEN, and you're lucky you got the chance to step on it early. If you don't like it and want to base your opinion on previews, then don't go ride it again. Less line for the rest of us who know to wait for April 7th.

I just had to respond to this no matter how late because I just stumbled onto it now. How can I be biased when my favorite theme park is Animal Kingdom and my favorite rides are Splash Mountain and DINOSAUR. How can I be biased to Universal when I visit Disney World every year for a full 6 days and then Universal for 2. Get over yourself. If anything I am the most objective member on these boards because I appreciate both resorts and recognize their faults. YOU are the biased one. I happen to enjoy Mummy and Universal but as a whole I think WDW is by and large far better. I'm known as a "Universal Nut" here for a avatar that I haven't changed in 2 years. Meanwhile, I'm known as a Disney nut at the Universal site I visit. The fact of the matter is that I wasn't impressed by a ride and I voiced my opinion. Plenty of people share my opinion and many don't. It's the way of life. But please, don't you dare call me a Universal nut when I have stated countless times that I enjoy Disney World more than Universal. I just happen to think Universal has some amazing rides. Once again, get over yourself. Lastly, do you think April 7th will somehow transform the ride into something else? There will be no added effects and everything that I experienced was how it will most likely be on April 7th. Sure some of the timing will be tuned by my major complaints have nothing to do with that.

BRER STITCH

I rode Everest 42 times over two weeks and had the "A" show 40 times.

Pretty good odds and no real reason to worry.

Hakunna Mattatta!

:wave:

wdwishes2005

I rode it 47 1/4 times and I only had the A show, with the exception of once the yeti wasn't working at all, no lighting change, no movement.

BRER STITCH

wdwishes2005 said:
I rode it 47 1/4 times and I only had the A show, with the exception of once the yeti wasn't working at all, no lighting change, no movement.

I meant I rode it 48 times....sorry about the typo!

:lookaroun

Main Street USA

AndyMagic said:
I just had to respond to this no matter how late because I just stumbled onto it now. How can I be biased when my favorite theme park is Animal Kingdom and my favorite rides are Splash Mountain and DINOSAUR. How can I be biased to Universal when I visit Disney World every year for a full 6 days and then Universal for 2. Get over yourself. If anything I am the most objective member on these boards because I appreciate both resorts and recognize their faults. YOU are the biased one. I happen to enjoy Mummy and Universal but as a whole I think WDW is by and large far better. I'm known as a "Universal Nut" here for a avatar that I haven't changed in 2 years. Meanwhile, I'm known as a Disney nut at the Universal site I visit. The fact of the matter is that I wasn't impressed by a ride and I voiced my opinion. Plenty of people share my opinion and many don't. It's the way of life. But please, don't you dare call me a Universal nut when I have stated countless times that I enjoy Disney World more than Universal. I just happen to think Universal has some amazing rides. Once again, get over yourself. Lastly, do you think April 7th will somehow transform the ride into something else? There will be no added effects and everything that I experienced was how it will most likely be on April 7th. Sure some of the timing will be tuned by my major complaints have nothing to do with that.
Ha, I base my opinion about your attitude on nothing but YOUR words. I'm not making things up. You've been around here quite a while, and you've been hassled about this before, and by numerous members. You're right though. We're all looney, and you're not biased. Whatever, pal. You're not worth the argument.

As for the rest of you who realize that Everest is still in SOFT opening, and continue to report FACTS about it's operation based on your FIRST HAND experiences, THANK YOU! Real and factual news is super important to those of us who only get to pop down once a year!

AndyMagic

Main Street USA said:
Ha, I base my opinion about your attitude on nothing but YOUR words. I'm not making things up. You've been around here quite a while, and you've been hassled about this before, and by numerous members. You're right though. We're all looney, and you're not biased. Whatever, pal. You're not worth the argument.

As for the rest of you who realize that Everest is still in SOFT opening, and continue to report FACTS about it's operation based on your FIRST HAND experiences, THANK YOU! Real and factual news is super important to those of us who only get to pop down once a year!

Has an opinion different from Main Street USA = Bias
Doesn't rave about every single thing at WDW = Bias
Actually visits other theme parks besides Disney = Bias

RIIIIGHT. Just cuz I don't rave about everything Disney does 100 percent of the time like most of the people here do, doesn't make me bias.... it makes me objective.

Later.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom