Yep, another poll

thewhitequeen

We're booked at YC but we've stayed there and want to try another resort. I also want to save myself some money.

We are also considering the free dining :eek: promotion to make it more convenient. I am not a free dining fan.

If you had a choice which would you pick and why? The difference in price between WL and YC is a few hundred dollars with YC being more expensive. POFQ is a grand less but I've been reading reports that the resort has gone down lately.

WDWmazprty

It just depends. If you're not going to be in the room that much, just go with the cheaper resort. Why spend more money for a room you won't really get to enjoy that much during your trip?

Thats just me, we usually stay at Pop because since we're at the parks all day, we just come back to shower and sleep. We also are Free dining lovers.

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

I think part of the question here is a matter of preference. If you are looking for a deluxe resort then you might want to try the WL. It is very nice, a bit cheaper, and will offer you something new. If you want to save money, then there is nothing wrong with Port Orleans. The resort is great, but you do need to expect that the level of service and offerings will not be the same as the other two resorts. However, if cost is a factor then this is not a bad option at all.

Also, are there any room discounts available for when you go? Usually room discounts at deluxe resorts end up saving more than free dining plans. I would check that and see what saves you the most if it is available.

Upvote 0

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I'm partial to YC myself, with nothing against the other resorts. At what parks though do you think you'll spend the majority of your time. If EP and HS are at the top of your list, then that may sway your decision towards YC....

Upvote 0

WDW 3

We stayed at POFQ last year and it was fine (for $1000 less) for a place to rest your head. There was not one thing wrong with our room and we liked how compact the resort was with a short walk to one bus stop.

Upvote 0

mickeysshoes

WL is our home away from home!! We just love the lodge!! We did not have a good stay at POFR in 8/2009 and will not go back. If you want to try something thing new give WL a try and I dont think you will be sorry. We have not stayed at YC so I cant compare. We are giving the Boardwalk a try 8/2010!!!!

Upvote 0

mickey2008.1

We voted YC for its views and closeness to EPCOT and DHS. Room size is great as are the grounds. We stayed at POFQ last december and would never go back. They have the smallest beds of all resorts. The place just didnt have the atmosphere for us as compared to other mods, like CBR. If you want save $1000, try a different place other than PORF.

Upvote 0

KaliSplash

Wilderness Lodge is definitely the way to go.

In fact, BECAUSE it does NOT have a view of a park. (understand, I love the parks), but one of the neat things about the lodge is you feel like you are somewhere else completely, and then you are just a short boat ride or bus ride away from the places you love.

I also just think the theming at the lodge is the best, outside perhaps GF.

Upvote 0

thewhitequeen

Original Poster
Wow, I'm surprised the YC had so little votes. DH really likes WL and we very much enjoyed Artist Point so I think we're leaning to change. I'm going to think about it for a couple days.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom