Yeah

wdwcrazy

Walt Disney Studios Paris is going to have the same problems as DCA did. It's not goign to have enought atttractions when it first opens to keep guests in the park all day. I hope they build ToT and Fantasmic. That will help out a lot.

JAY-ROD

Originally posted by wdwcrazy
Walt Disney Studios Paris is going to have the same problems as DCA did. It's not goign to have enought atttractions when it first opens to keep guests in the park all day. I hope they build ToT and Fantasmic. That will help out a lot.

go to the whats new page. Fantasmic is already in the works! Plus you dont know they will have the same problems DCA is having. :)

markymark

Originally posted by wdw24557
Eisner was good for Disney in the few first years but lately he has done stupid parks and stupid things.
For one-Building a park in Paris
Two- Going to Build a park in China
Three- Thinking about Building one in India

One - Paris was not a mistake, as Steve says, it is the number one tourist attraction in Europe, and has been for nearly 10 years. Have you been to DLP? coz if you haven't, I'd recommend it, it takes the good bits from MK, and, IMHO, improves on them.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I would also add that DLP Magic Kingdom is regarded by most of WDI to be the finest MK in the world. It has detail that you cannot find at WDW, and some superb recreations of some classic Disney attractions.

WDStudios is looking weak on paper. Although the Studios at WDW played out much the same in the early days. If they do soon begin ToT and Fantasmic, that would be a great start!

MrPromey

Yes, it sounds like DSP is starting out with at least as many (if not more) attractions as MGM opened with. The thing is, they don't want to start with a complete mature park. Doing so adds a lot to the initial cost of construction and doesn't allow for additions in the future which are needed to keep a decent level of repeat business.

Steve, on the travel channel I saw a relatively new theme/amusement park based on some sort of cartoon Viking character that they claimed was the most popular park in France and was located just outside of Paris. Do you know what park I'm referring to? I don't give them too much credit because they claimed Universal Florida as being the greatest park in the world. They showed the newest and most popular attractions from both parks and although they mentioned briefly that "there's so much stuff to do, they had to split it between two parks" they presented them all together giving the impression that they were in one park. They didn't even mention anything from WDW even once.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Originally posted by MrPromey

Steve, on the travel channel I saw a relatively new theme/amusement park based on some sort of cartoon Viking character that they claimed was the most popular park in France and was located just outside of Paris. Do you know what park I'm referring to? I don't give them too much credit because they claimed Universal Florida as being the greatest park in the world. They showed the newest and most popular attractions from both parks and although they mentioned briefly that "there's so much stuff to do, they had to split it between two parks" they presented them all together giving the impression that they were in one park. They didn't even mention anything from WDW even once.

As mark said, it is Asterix. It doesnt even open all year round, and is nowhere near a theme park like DLP. More of an Amusement park. The Travel Channel made that stat up, DLP is definately #1 across the whole of Europe, not just France. And impressively, it dit it in its first year of operation. I thin kAsterix Parc was open before DLP.

MrPromey

Thanks to everyone for the response. It looked like sort of a nice calm place (like a glorified park with a few rides) but didn't look all that special to me. I had never even heard of it before though and now I guess I know why :)

Herbie53

Premium Member
I have heard that Disney does not allow the Travel Channel (or anybody for that matter) to film their parks or include segments about Disney in their shows. I've also heard that Disney is changing this policy, but the shows now airing on the Travel Channel have already been filmed, and it appears as though they are discounting all Disney parks as if they don't exist. It makes sense really. Since Disney won't let them talk about their parks, these travel shows won't get very big audiences if they bill the parks they can talk about as the second best.

MrPromey

I don't know, there was a sort of double-feature on the other night talking about theme parks and water parks. The theme park one mentioned DLP but nothing of the World (which in my opinion would be #1, not #2 :)) In the water park one they had a segment about Blizzard Beach which I think came in #2 right behind a place in Texas.

DisneyFreak

I don't know, there was a sort of double-feature on the other night talking about theme parks and water parks. The theme park one mentioned DLP but nothing of the World (which in my opinion would be #1, not #2 :)) In the water park one they had a segment about Blizzard Beach which I think came in #2 right behind a place in Texas.

I saw that too MrPromey. Blizzard Beach did get the #2 ranking and they showed seens from the park.

FutureCEO

Blizzard Beach is the #2 waterpark in the country. They show Sea World, Bucsh Gardens Tampa, and DisneyLand Paris but no other parks. They also show Top 10 waterparks, like i metioned, top 10 thrill parks and top 10 roller coasters.

MrPromey

Originally posted by wdw24557
Blizzard Beach is the #2 waterpark in the country. They show Sea World, Bucsh Gardens Tampa, and DisneyLand Paris but no other parks. They also show Top 10 waterparks, like i metioned, top 10 thrill parks and top 10 roller coasters.

I don't mean to be nit picky but could you please fix your signature line? I read the "Has not" quote from J.F.K. every time I see one of your posts and cringe. I know it's just a typo but it really bugs me for some reason. Please don't take offense - not trying to be mean or anything.

Herbie53

Premium Member
I have seen the episodes you are refering to. My thought is that these episodes were previews for Disney to see what would happen if they did cooperate with these film crews. The logic being: How much damage can they do with just Blizzard Beach and DLP?

I don't know! But it makes sense, right?

Ryan

I don't mean to be nit picky but could you please fix your signature line? I read the "Has not" quote from J.F.K. every time I see one of your posts and cringe. I know it's just a typo but it really bugs me for some reason. Please don't take offense - not trying to be mean or anything.

LOLOLOLOL:) :) :) :) :D :D :D :) :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom