Yayayayyay

littlemsmowgli

I found out about 20 minutes ago that my family is returning to Disney in April 2011 for my sister's graduation, and as you can imagine I'm in a really really really great mood! :)ROFLOL:)

I need some help!

We've done Disney many times but we're attempting a different go at it. IN recent years, we've done the meal plan w. 1 counter service and 1 big meal a day, and have come back from the trip feeling a little too full. This time, we want a room with a fridge and a kitchen so we can make lunch and breakfasts and then enjoy a nice dinner out. We usually stay at the BoardWalk, but were thinking about the Yacht Club- we love being walking distance to Epcot- and are right now ready to book whatever hotel will have a better kitchen option. Thoughts?

Also, we were hoping for some new ideas for dinner places. We've gone nearly everywhere in Epcot (except Le Cellier-we're working on getting reservations there), 50s Prime Time and Sci Fi, and nothing other than counter service anywhere else. We're looking to shake it up! THoughts?

What else could we do-we're kind of creatures of habit, and it's getting a tad boring-to make this trip really fun and special?

I'd love suggestions!
Thanks y'all. :king:

wannabeBelle

The rooms at the Yacht Club dont have kitchens at all. What you are probably best off looking at is the Disney Vacation Club properties which do have some sort of kitchen facilities at all of the Villas. The Boardwalk and the Beach Club do have these type of room accomodations available as they both have Villas. The Yacht club us a standard resort property with regular type of hotel rooms. I happen to love the Yacht Club and it is probably my favorite resort over in that area, just in terms of theming. I have been in the studio level and one bedroom level accomodations at Old Key West as well as at the WIlderness Lodge. I was in the Studio level at Saratoga Springs as well. That, to me, would seem to be the type of properties that would best match what you are looking for. Marie

Upvote 0
We like:

MK: Liberty Tree Tavern, The Plaza and Tony's
DHS: You named them! :) (Used to eat at Brown Derby but now the food is a little out there and very expensive. Not really worth it in our opinion.)
EPCOT: Le Cellier, Tutto Italia and Rose and Crown are my favorites.
AK: We eat at Rainforest, simply because we have some picky eaters who wouldn't touch the cuisine at Yak and Yeti.

DTD: Wolfgang Puck's Cafe, Earl of Sandwich, Portobello Yacht Club

Resorts: Grand Floridian Cafe, O'Hana (Polynesian), Chef Mickey's (Contemporary Character Buffet), Yachtsman Steakhouse (heard it's delicious but never been) and I know there's a lot more people who love Boma, Narcoose's, Jiko, etc. Just never been and a little expensive :) HAVE FUN!!!!!

Upvote 0

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
As others have said, Yacht Club rooms don't have kitchens, but the Beach Club Villas do. The rooms are pretty much as close as you can get to Epcot's back entrance. The resort is often included in the promotions Disney puts out.

As for dining options The Wave at the Contemporary and Captain's Grille at Yacht Club are some of my favorites that are a little off the beaten path. Hollywood and Vine in DHS is a great buffet for dinner. I'm not a fan of their lunch though because it is a Playhouse Disney character meal.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom