YAY! We upgraded for the first time to a Deluxe

Jenngusto

:sohappy:

DH and I have upgraded to the Yacht Club from POR for our first time in a Deluxe! We will be in WDW 12/9 thru 12/16 and I cannot wait! It will be our first anniversary as well as my birthday while we are there and decided to go for it! YAY! :king:

I have been scouring the boards and the internet for all I can find about the YC. We are so EXCITED to be staying in the EPCOT/DHS area (still MGM to me LOL :shrug:).

If anyone has any good pics or advice about the YC let me know.
(-: :wave::p:wave::sohappy:

DivineMadness7

You've made a wise choice. We stayed at Beach Club for the first time last August and loved it. A word of warning: once you go deluxe, it's tough to go back. It can be done, but you are going to be spoiled. Walking distance to Epcot and MGM? That pool? Yeah, you're going to have a wonderful time!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

yankspy

You will love it. Try and eat at Yachtsman's if you like steak. And yes, it is tough to go back after a deluxe.Sounds like it's time to look into DVC.:wave:

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
I will second the comments by DivineMadness, you will be spoiled and will have a hard time "settling" for a moderate. Rooms are big, and comfortable. If you work out on your vacation, they have a nice gym, accessible 24hrs. You (or your bride) can get manicures/facials and some limited massages there as well (not quite as extensive as Grand Floridian Spa or Dolphin). Decent store/snack bar

We just returned from a stay at Beach Club and had a great time. Entrance to Epcot in your back yard, a nice moderate walk to Studio's. Yachtsman Steakhouse is a great special dining spot.

Be sure to update your ressie letting them know it is a birthday/anniversary celebration stay, and reinforce that at check-in.

Do know that the boats are a bit slow in getting you to Studios, and are terrible at park close or open.

A comprehensive summary here:
http://www.allearsnet.com/acc/faq_yc.htm
and pictures:
http://www.allearsnet.com/acc/g_yc.htm

Upvote 0

PhilharMagician

Congrats on your deluxe stay!

Like Clemsontigger said the boats can by quite slow. We would typically walk because it just seemed to take to long to get to the DHS. Epcot is a fairly short walk.

The pool is amazing. We love that resort area.

Try the Yachtsman Steakhouse for dinner one night. It is pricey, but great service and the best steak. :slurp:

Upvote 0

DisneyMusician2

You will love it. Try and eat at Yachtsman's if you like steak. And yes, it is tough to go back after a deluxe.Sounds like it's time to look into DVC.:wave:

Yachtman's, for my money, is one of the best dining experiences in the world. Go for it, if you are carnivores.:)

Definately make plenty of Epcot dining reservations and take advantage of the very nice evening walk into the World Showcase. It's one of the best perks of the Yacht/Beach club location.

Upvote 0

Yanks07

Good for You! :sohappy: It's a great time to go. Make sure you walk over to BC and check out the Holiday decorations in the lobby. We have stayed at all of the Epcot resorts a bunch of times and find YC to be a bit more quiet. Have fun!

Upvote 0

Nebrfan

The above posters are right. You will love it so much it will be tough to go back. But don't worry-- just go ahead and enjoy it. We did what another poster said above; we fell in love with the Beach Club and the location and bought a timeshare there. Many happy wishes to you as well. Mark

Upvote 0

Jenngusto

Original Poster
Thank you EVERYONE for the shared excitement! :wave: I am beyond excited, as is the husband. :ROFLOL:

We are planning on ADRs at Yachtsmans and lots of World Showcase restaurants. I am looking forward to the pool, too, as it looks like a water park! I just hope it is warm enough when we go to use the pools. :shrug:

Thank you for the advice about the holiday decorations and the boats being slow. We both love to walk, even on WDW vacations. :lookaroun And I am sure it will be hard to go back to a moderate. . . :rolleyes: But I am so excited right now that I am only thinking positive about the upgrade! :animwink:

Only 257 more days to go....:wave:

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Didn't catch that you will be there mid December....my favorite time to be at the World by far! There is a wonderful display in the lobby of Beach Club and Boardwalk for you to walk over to and visit.

While Osborne Lights at Studios and MK (MVMCP), IMHO Epcot is the best park for Christmastime. I've attached some more links for you for the holidays and specifically for Candlelight Processional. When available in the summer, consider getting a Candlelight/Dinner package. Outside of Epcot, look at Artist Point at Wilderness Lodge for a special dinner, California Grille at the top of the Contemporary is great, Narcoossee's and Citrico's at GF and Boma/Jiko at AKL and you get to see their decorations.

Feel free to PM me if you have any more specific questions.

Some holiday links:

http://www.allearsnet.com/tp/holiday.htm
http://www.allearsnet.com/tp/h_cpfaq.htm
http://www.wdwmagic.com/candlelight_processional.htm
http://www.wdwmagic.com/osborn_lights.htm

You can find lots of associated links from those.

Yes, pools are heated, there are multiple hot tubs...but it will probably be a bit chilly when you get out.

Upvote 0

Mand

Hi :wave:

I know exactly how you feel cause I too am staying for the first time in a deluxe at the Yacht Club and have done exactly the things you have done in scouring the net for info!

We were booked for AKL but swapped to Yacht Club as got free dining offer in UK, so yes i am super excited!

I have only ever stayed in value ASM so its a big jump up to deluxe, I am fearfull though that I will never go back to value again (fearfull for my purse!) but I am counting the days.

If I could ask a question for those that have stayed here before? I think I read somewhere that entry to the pool is by wristband, how does this work?

Many thanks

:sohappy:

Upvote 0

PhilharMagician

Each day they have a differant wristband (think of the wristbands for EMH). You need to bring your room key with you to the pool in order to get your wrist band. Make sure all of your family also has their room keys, becasue I have seen family members denied without room keys and they had to go back and get them. There are at least 2 location at the pool that give them out. which are right by the towel stations.

Upvote 0

Jenngusto

Original Poster
This is just so great as we did not think we would upgrade \yet but things just worked out financially and it seems like a great opportunity. I am VERY excited about walking into World Showcase and being so near so much activity and so many other resorts. :hammer:

Thank you all for your kind words and shared excitement. It is so nice to come here and have people share in your excitement as family and friends just do not understand or get tired of it pretty quick.:rolleyes::p

:wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom