Yatch or Beach club for a family

nicnic

Hi,

We had looked at Saratoga Springs but DH does not like the look of the rooms (sofa bed).

So after some consideration, more on DH part, I was up for it from the moment I heard Beach Club! We are hopefully going to the Yatch & Beach club next year!!:sohappy:

I am super excited, we have stayed in PoP and POFQ but not at a Delux.

It will be tough going, geting funds together but the end result is worth it, I hope!

My question is, we are a family 2 ad 1ch(9) and baby (1).

Is the Beach club better suited to families, we also like Epcot so will walk there most days. Or is the Yatch club better?

Any info on room location is much appreciated.

Thanks

Yanks07

You can't go wrong either way. My wife is not a fan of YC as she thinks its stuffy where as I loved it and disagree about the stuffy part. You will certainly find more kiddies running around @ BC. Beach Club also happens to be my wife and kids fav. resort, it's also closer to Epcot. Rooms i'm pretty sure have 2 Q beds at both resorts, (we have been staying in villas last few yrs) and YC has the nod in larger balconies if that matters to ya. Have fun and good luck!

Upvote 0

bmarkelon

Like the above posters said, you just can't go wrong with either. I hear of more families making the Beach Club choice. With your family size you will definitely be comfortable in any of the studios there. Happy planning!

Upvote 0

captainkidd

We chose the Yacht Club as we liked the room decor and the fact that all the rooms have full balconies. We chose wrong. Beach Club definitely would have been a better choice for us. Much more relaxed atmosphere. Yacht Club did feel stuffy to us.

Upvote 0

durangojim

We have a 5 y/o and 3 y/o and love the BC. My wife really likes the bright atmosphere, and I like the feeling that it's more laid back. To me the Yacht Club feels more stuffy than the Grand Floridian which I don't find snooty/stuffy at all:shrug: Also, the BC is closer to EPCOT (not by much) but when you have a crying baby who wants to go to sleep every foot counts. Have a great time and I don't think you can go wrong at the Beach Club.

Upvote 0

durangojim

We chose the Yacht Club as we liked the room decor and the fact that all the rooms have full balconies. We chose wrong. Beach Club definitely would have been a better choice for us. Much more relaxed atmosphere. Yacht Club did feel stuffy to us.

If I remember correctly, were you trying to decide between the Poly and Yacht Club a while back? I'm curious if you posted your experiences about the Yacht as we've never stayed there. If so, could you point me to a link? Thanks.

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

Beach Club is more playful and family oriented.

Yacht Club is more adult oriented.

You would prefer Beach Club. Make sure you request a full balcony.

Upvote 0

SusanAnne

Def the Beach Club, we stayed there in March and loved it. We ate many of our meals at the Yacht Club, but I feel the Beach Club has a warmer feel to it, plus my youngest daughter hated it because she felt like she was on the titanic,(guessing all the wood).

Can't wait to go back to the Beach Club next year!!

Upvote 0

captainkidd

If I remember correctly, were you trying to decide between the Poly and Yacht Club a while back? I'm curious if you posted your experiences about the Yacht as we've never stayed there. If so, could you point me to a link? Thanks.

It was the GF or YC. We chose the YC, and regretted it. A few things I didn't like - Now granted, some of these are minor, but for $400 per night, well, you get the idea...

1.Upon arrival, we were not greeted outside, or helped with our luggage.

2.I had a package sent to the resort before we arrived. Because they have a convention center, I had to pay $10 to retrieve it. Worse however, the front desk wouldn't send anyone down to get it. I had to get it on my own. Our room was at the other end of the hotel. They wouldn't even let me borrow a cart to lug the box, so I had to carry a 40 pound box literally across the entire resort.

3.I paid for a water view room, and was given a room with a view of a tree, and part of the lake if you could bend your body into a pretzel. This was remedied and we were moved to another room.

4.The bus system to Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, DTD and the water parks was abysmal. We ended up taking taxis.

5.The lobby is very small and has no Disney feel to it at all. But that's just my opinion.

We were so unhappy, we pleaded to be moved to another resort after 4 nights. They were able to move us to the Polynesian, where everything was as it should be at a $400 per night resort.

Interesting to note - Birnbaum (official guide) lists Yacht Club as the best Deluxe Resort on property. However, the Unofficial Guide which is based on readers comments and surveys, lists the Yacht Club at the very bottom of the Deluxe Resorts in terms of guest satisfaction. Clearly, there are issues there.

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Hi,

We had looked at Saratoga Springs but DH does not like the look of the rooms (sofa bed).

So after some consideration, more on DH part, I was up for it from the moment I heard Beach Club! We are hopefully going to the Yatch & Beach club next year!!:sohappy:

I am super excited, we have stayed in PoP and POFQ but not at a Delux.

It will be tough going, geting funds together but the end result is worth it, I hope!

My question is, we are a family 2 ad 1ch(9) and baby (1).

Is the Beach club better suited to families, we also like Epcot so will walk there most days. Or is the Yatch club better?

Any info on room location is much appreciated.

Thanks

Hi there,

I prefer the Yacht Club. It feels more Disney - more special. I think the beach theme can be a bit cheesy, for a lack of a better word. We stayed at the Yacht Club but had breakfast at Cape May so we wandered through the Beach Club. We would stay at the Yacht Club again as we loved it - but we wouldn't stay at the Beach Club. The decor reminded me of an old hotel in Miami. :lol: As for families - either is great! The pool is awesome! And being walking distance to Epcot is great! The boat is a fun way of getting around that the kids love too. Either one, its great for the whole family!

Upvote 0

nicnic

Original Poster
Thanks guys.

It looks to be the Beach Club, we are not the stuffy kind.

I will make sure I ask for a full balcony, do you know if the Illuminations can be seen from any of the balconies at the Beach Club?

We have been to Disney many times and its always been a hectic 2 weeks.

This time we are just doing Disney, no universal/bucsh gardens, just taking it easy and enjoying the pool and area.

I hope its worth it, I want everything to be perfect, its going to be alot of saving, especially with a new baby!, coming from the UK, half the price is on airfare!! Wish I lived closer!!!

Upvote 0

Dwarful

I would give a nod to Yacht Club over Beach and that is with kids. Here is my main reason: buses!!!! On our last trip the buses to MK & AK picked up and dropped off at YC first, then did a stop at BC, then Boardwalk & Swan/Dolphin. In the mornings we filled up most seats and would then go to BC and most of those families either had to wait for a second bus or take standing room only. On our 3rd day we noticed one family walked over to YC bus stops every morning...so if you go with Beach you might go that route with the bus situation. Honestly, the bus situation was our biggest complaint but the pool totally made up for it!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom