Ya'll because I'm nosy....

World_Showcase_Lover007

Bob Iger sent me a cryptic text on Sunday afternoon saying “things might be getting a bit crazy later.” But I figured he was just talking about another one of his notorious pool parties at the beach house.

Wasn’t long after when Michael Eisner sent a text saying “I can’t believe they didn’t even call me about this!” Then I knew something else was going on. Sure enough, I received a fax four minutes later from the Board, being carbon copied on the memorandum announcing the decision. Needless to say, things really did get crazy!

gobstoper27

Original Poster
I had just laid down to go to sleep when my phone started buzzing. It was my mom with a screenshot of the article. I was wide awake until around midnight haha.
Same here, I was looking foward to an early night in and at least 8 hours of sleep! Definitely didn't happen Sunday night.

Smiley/OCD

Watching TV, falling asleep when DW alerted me from our daughter…thought I was being punked, but checked multiple places (including here)and spent the next 2hours (1am) reading all the posts

JohnD

I'm still in shock about the revelation that everyone's favorite CEO is out. So I wanna know how did you find out that the first Bob came back to replace his replacement lol.
I'll start. I was minding my business on vulture.com, searching for a real housewives recap from tonight's episode. While scrolling the feed, I saw Iger was back in. Naturally I assumed it was a joke so I had to check out the forum for the goods.
Ok, who's next?
Someone posted it Sunday night on an AP FB group I'm on. I just waited until I saw actual news trickling out.

The Mom

Premium Member
This thread is strictly about how you heard the news. Any off-topic posts have/will be deleted. Thank you.

Vinnie Mac

I'm still in shock about the revelation that everyone's favorite CEO is out. So I wanna know how did you find out that the first Bob came back to replace his replacement lol.
I'll start. I was minding my business on vulture.com, searching for a real housewives recap from tonight's episode. While scrolling the feed, I saw Iger was back in. Naturally I assumed it was a joke so I had to check out the forum for the goods.
Ok, who's next?
Was a chilly Sunday night and a couple of friends from my school invited me to go see Black Panther 2 again with them.

We finished the movie and got past the mid-credits scene and one of my friends (who's big into Disney like I am) told me that "Chapek got fired".

At first it was just shock and then complete excitement. Best. Night. Ever.

DfromATX

I got a YouTube alert from Mickey Views, but he was doing a live show and waiting for everyone to join, and I was getting ready for bed so although I was pretty surprised, I didn't bother to watch it. Then by morning it was pretty much in all the headlines that I follow.

gobstoper27

Original Poster
Was a chilly Sunday night and a couple of friends from my school invited me to go see Black Panther 2 again with them.

We finished the movie and got past the mid-credits scene and one of my friends (who's big into Disney like I am) told me that "Chapek got fired".

At first it was just shock and then complete excitement. Best. Night. Ever.
Awesome movie on top of awesome news, I'd agree, best night ever!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom