Yacht or Beach - I can't decide

captainkidd

So first we booked the Yacht for August. Then, upon reading a lot, we switched the Beach. Now, upon seeing pics of updated rooms at both, we're thinking about going back to the Yacht. We've never stayed at either. There will be 2 adults, 3 kids (3, 3, 9).

We like the look of the YC rooms more than BC. We would like to have a full balcony. I love the lighthouse outside of the Yacht. However, the Beach has the Marketplace, which with kids is nice. Beaches and Cream is right there, which is a plus. BC is also a bit closer to Epcot, which we'll be spending a lot of time at. My biggest concern for staying at YC is that we'll be a haul away from any quick food. Does the gift shop at YC sell any type of food, drinks? Also, it appears SAB is closer to BC from maps. Is that the case?

I'm so confused.:confused:

Testtrack321

Yacht/Beach are sister resorts, anything in either can be reached within a 5 minute walk. The only thing you can not walk to is a new room, and I prefer the Yacht Club rooms.

I know some people who prefer Beach just for the extra 5 minutes saved walking to Epcot. I prefer the Yacht. It's all up to you guys.

Upvote 0

cdunbar

So first we booked the Yacht for August. Then, upon reading a lot, we switched the Beach. Now, upon seeing pics of updated rooms at both, we're thinking about going back to the Yacht. We've never stayed at either. There will be 2 adults, 3 kids (3, 3, 9).

We like the look of the YC rooms more than BC. We would like to have a full balcony. I love the lighthouse outside of the Yacht. However, the Beach has the Marketplace, which with kids is nice. Beaches and Cream is right there, which is a plus. BC is also a bit closer to Epcot, which we'll be spending a lot of time at. My biggest concern for staying at YC is that we'll be a haul away from any quick food. Does the gift shop at YC sell any type of food, drinks? Also, it appears SAB is closer to BC from maps. Is that the case?

YC gift shop is really like a clothing store, in the back they have a wine shop, and a small candy store. I mean they had snacks, ya know chips, nuts, pretzels but not food for like a meal. We tried to go to the BC market one night and found that they only had cold cut sandwiches which is fine but they aren't like a sandwich you make at home it has fancy mayo's and stuff like that. Which I eat at Panera Bread co and don't mind but the marketplace only offers I think it is one or two sandwiches a day, and that day it was I think roast beef with wasibi mayo, and I am not a big roast beef fan so we tried to walk up to BnC and the girl said it'd be at least 2 hours and that was at 9pm. So while they do offer alot of food chocies, restaurant wise, at the two it's hard to get in any where....:shrug:

Upvote 0

captainkidd

Original Poster
Real meals I'm not worried about. We have all of our ADR's set already. As an example, I like the Wilderness Lodge Mercantile shop as it sells soda, juice, cookies, etc. If YC has that sort of stuff, I'll be good. I just want some place where I can run and get my kids some juice or milk. If the BCMarketplace is the only option for that, BC might make more sense.

Upvote 0

cdunbar

Real meals I'm not worried about. We have all of our ADR's set already. As an example, I like the Wilderness Lodge Mercantile shop as it sells soda, juice, cookies, etc. If YC has that sort of stuff, I'll be good. I just want some place where I can run and get my kids some juice or milk. If the BCMarketplace is the only option for that, BC might make more sense.
Ahh I see what you mean, they had a refrigeator type section on the very back wall at the very end of the shop, I got a soda out of there a few times but I did not notice the juice. Like I said they had pretzels, chips, nuts stuff like that and then a small version of goofy's candy store with chocolate bars, and stuff like that...:wave:

Upvote 0

SeaCastle

I've stayed at the Beach Club twice, so my opinion may be a bit biased. After walking through the Yacht Club, I found it less whimsical than the Beach Club. The resorts share the same facilities so don't worry about the food options. Stormalong Bay is equidistant from both resorts, however the Beach Club is smaller in size, thus making it seem that the BC is closer. That being said, the most remote room of the Beach Club has a closer stroll to Stormalong Bay than the most remote Yacht Club room.

Food and beverages seems to be a critical point here. If you can afford it, try the concierge. Food and snacks are available throughout the day, and with three kids it may be more cost-effective (and more convenient) to walk down the hallway and grab food (no charge), rather than spend $20 and time walking to the nearest snack place. If you choose concierge, then you may find it more appealing to stay at the Yacht Club. However, both resorts are equally fantastic and you'll have a great visit regardless.

Upvote 0

captainkidd

Original Poster
Food and beverages seems to be a critical point here. If you can afford it, try the concierge. Food and snacks are available throughout the day, and with three kids it may be more cost-effective (and more convenient) to walk down the hallway and grab food (no charge), rather than spend $20 and time walking to the nearest snack place. If you choose concierge, then you may find it more appealing to stay at the Yacht Club. However, both resorts are equally fantastic and you'll have a great visit regardless.

Well, for the most part, we're at the parks during the day, so that's not a huge issue. I'm more or less talking about at night, if one of the boys needs some juice or something. I won't pay to stay concierge at Disney again. We did it last year at Wilderness Lodge and while I had no problems with it per se, I found it be a complete waste of money.

Upvote 0

WDITrent

Beach. Five minutes and you're in Epcot, seven minutes and you're at the Boardwalk. Its full balconies are limited to somewhere around the second and third floors, but the location is amazing. We had a standard view room and had a view of IllumiNations fireworks.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

Beach. Five minutes and you're in Epcot, seven minutes and you're at the Boardwalk. Its full balconies are limited to somewhere around the second and third floors, but the location is amazing. We had a standard view room and had a view of IllumiNations fireworks.

Do you mind if I ask what area of Beach you stayed in? We are planning a trip in July, we did Boardwalk last year and loved the location. This year the girls want SAB. So we are looking at Y&B...just curious.

Upvote 0

captainkidd

Original Poster

See, that's what is pushing me towards Yacht. For an extra 5 minute walk (max), we're guarenteed a full balcony. That seems worth it to me.

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

Yacht Club has all full balconies--huge plus for us!! Beach Club MarketPlace is accessed by walking through the Yacht Lobby towards Beach Club, outside under a covered walkway, then into the Beach Lobby. Not far at all.

Yacht's store does stock up on sodas/juice/snacks. Morning cold items are available at Yacht at a grab and go location (Ale & Compass), but hot/prepared items are at Beach Club Marketplace.

Beach balconies are full (limited) or standing room only or dormer (smaller b/c of the slope of the roof.)

Also, note that many Yacht Club rooms sit right up on the Promenade/Lake, whereas Beach Club rooms are set back some from the lake.

Without a doubt we choose Yacht Club, having stayed at both, but at Yacht Club many more times!!

Upvote 0

PotteryGal

Well, for the most part, we're at the parks during the day, so that's not a huge issue. I'm more or less talking about at night, if one of the boys needs some juice or something. I won't pay to stay concierge at Disney again. We did it last year at Wilderness Lodge and while I had no problems with it per se, I found it be a complete waste of money.

Would it be possible for you to pack some juice boxes? You have a fridge in your room to keep them chilled. :shrug: I mean, if you're flying, I don't know if that would be doable, but it would be more affordable. I know we'll be taking bottled water and some snacks, but we're driving.

Upvote 0

BrerPete

Just did Yacht. Once outside the hotel the walk is nothing to anywhere regardless of whether you stay at Beach or Yacht. Walking inside is the problem because there are many turns, going outside to go back inside. Yacht gift store has cold drinks and limited snacks. I think Yacht was better located for everything.

Upvote 0

MKCP 1985

So first we booked the Yacht for August. Then, upon reading a lot, we switched the Beach. Now, upon seeing pics of updated rooms at both, we're thinking about going back to the Yacht.

. . .

Brett Favre, is that you? :p

Seriously, either one will be fine. Let it go and get ready to enjoy your vacation!

Upvote 0

captainkidd

Original Poster
Would it be possible for you to pack some juice boxes? You have a fridge in your room to keep them chilled. :shrug: I mean, if you're flying, I don't know if that would be doable, but it would be more affordable. I know we'll be taking bottled water and some snacks, but we're driving.

Yeah, we actually always ship a box down anyways, so that's a good idea.

Upvote 0

CRxmas71

If a balcony is important go YC. I stayed at BC got upgraded to a water view with a standing balcony. It was just that. Never again. YC shop does have milk/soda/juice and a limited amount of snacks. I went over the hoildays and never had a wait to get my items. Always have a great stay at YC. The service is outstanding.

Upvote 0

captainkidd

Original Poster
OK - I changed reservation...Again. This time is gonna be it. Went for Yacht Club Water View. With the Bounceback rate we're paying $252 per night. I can live with that.

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

Good for you. Now you guarantee yourself a full balcony.

Make sure that your "water view" is LAKE VIEW. At Yacht Club, "water view" counts for Crescent Lake, Quiet Pool, Stormalong Bay, and a small pond that looks like a retaining water hole. Make sure you get a CRESCENT LAKE View.

And the row of rooms that overlook the Lake and Wedding Gezebo have an outstanding nightly view of Illuminations Fireworks. Call and request it!!

Upvote 0

captainkidd

Original Poster
Good for you. Now you guarantee yourself a full balcony.

Make sure that your "water view" is LAKE VIEW. At Yacht Club, "water view" counts for Crescent Lake, Quiet Pool, Stormalong Bay, and a small pond that looks like a retaining water hole. Make sure you get a CRESCENT LAKE View.

And the row of rooms that overlook the Lake and Wedding Gezebo have an outstanding nightly view of Illuminations Fireworks. Call and request it!!

Yup - Spoke with a super nice CM who took my request info down. I'll make sure to double check on it as I call to pay the remaining balance.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom