Yacht or Beach - I can't decide

captainkidd

So first we booked the Yacht for August. Then, upon reading a lot, we switched the Beach. Now, upon seeing pics of updated rooms at both, we're thinking about going back to the Yacht. We've never stayed at either. There will be 2 adults, 3 kids (3, 3, 9).

We like the look of the YC rooms more than BC. We would like to have a full balcony. I love the lighthouse outside of the Yacht. However, the Beach has the Marketplace, which with kids is nice. Beaches and Cream is right there, which is a plus. BC is also a bit closer to Epcot, which we'll be spending a lot of time at. My biggest concern for staying at YC is that we'll be a haul away from any quick food. Does the gift shop at YC sell any type of food, drinks? Also, it appears SAB is closer to BC from maps. Is that the case?

I'm so confused.:confused:

marcriss

Congrats! You'll love the YC! I go over to BC every night to get us coffee, it's a short walk and nice to get out. Also, we frequently stop on our way back from Epcot since it's on the way. The refill mugs have lemonade available and maybe apple juice? It might be worth the investment. Have a great time!

Upvote 0

captainkidd

Original Poster
Interestingly, I just found out it wouldn't be that much more expensive to stay Concierge at the Ragatta Club with a Garden View. What I found odd was, to stay Regatta Club with Lagoon View, maximum occupancy is only 4 per room.

Upvote 0

marcriss

We stayed on the Concierge once, non waterview (there were only 2 types then...). We didn't find it to be worth the money. We always spring for water view, for us it's money better spent. We almost always have a view of Illuminations from our room.

Upvote 0

captainkidd

Original Poster
We stayed on the Concierge once, non waterview (there were only 2 types then...). We didn't find it to be worth the money. We always spring for water view, for us it's money better spent. We almost always have a view of Illuminations from our room.

Thanks. I think I'm gonna stick with water view as well. The view is more important to me than Concierge offerings. I make all our ADR's, and I'd say we probably didn't eat one meal from WL concierge last year.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom