Rumor Wreck-It-Ralph Attraction Likely to Replace Stitch’s Great Escape

In the Parks
Yes
Yeah, I wouldn't like a Sugar Rush overlay unless it addressed my personal biggest issue with the Speedway: it is physically nauseating. Just a gross attraction. The experience of walking near it reminds me of rush hour traffic with the overpowering smell of gasoline and exhaust and car noises - and something tells me a retheme would just tack WIR elements onto the same problematic gas burning slot cars.

Anything up to and including an empty paved lot would be an improvement. A boring and forgettable electric go kart ride would be a massive improvement.

Bocabear

I completely agree with all of this.

I dislike the Speedway's use of space and wish they'd replace it altogether personally, but I liked the idea of the WIR overlay on it because I thought it was almost a transition between Tomorrowland and Fantasyland. I dunno. I am no park expert.

To each their own. It was perhaps not a box office smash, but our family enjoyed it.
Exactly.. A thematic bridge between Fantasyland and Tomorrowland... Do the settings correctly with candy trees, Giant props, a small indoor cave section, King Candy's castle on the roof... etc, It would create a spectacular Technicolor edge to that end of Fantsyland/Tomorrowland... Switch the cars over to electric designed to fit the Sugar Rush game...it would completely renew interest in the attraction and make it feel relevant again...
Of course, an equally well done TRON overlay would too...but it needs sets and dressing.

cheezbat

Tomorrowland is a huge land…the more I think about all of this, I think it’s time to shrink it down and build a new land….demo the speedway and maybe include Buzz, MILF, and Ralph in the new land…have Tomorrowland start at the Peoplemover/Astro Orbiter….Tomorrowland wouldn’t be as big of a thematic mess then….
Besides, you go one way in MK and you’re in Tomorrowland…you go the other way and you’re in Adventureland/Frontierland/Liberty Square. The lands are all unbalanced.

Bocabear

Tomorrowland is a huge land…the more I think about all of this, I think it’s time to shrink it down and build a new land….demo the speedway and maybe include Buzz, MILF, and Ralph in the new land…have Tomorrowland start at the Peoplemover/Astro Orbiter….Tomorrowland wouldn’t be as big of a thematic mess then….
Besides, you go one way in MK and you’re in Tomorrowland…you go the other way and you’re in Adventureland/Frontierland/Liberty Square. The lands are all unbalanced.
Including Buzz, Milf and Ralph will not solve the mess Tomorrowland has become, it will just exascerbate the problem with a smaller footprint.
We need some real imagineering to come up with some stellar new concepts... Alien Encounter was clever and modern and on theme as was Timekeeper...There MUST be some new ideas out there...

cookiee_munster

Exactly.. A thematic bridge between Fantasyland and Tomorrowland... Do the settings correctly with candy trees, Giant props, a small indoor cave section, King Candy's castle on the roof... etc, It would create a spectacular Technicolor edge to that end of Fantsyland/Tomorrowland... Switch the cars over to electric designed to fit the Sugar Rush game...it would completely renew interest in the attraction and make it feel relevant again...
Of course, an equally well done TRON overlay would too...but it needs sets and dressing.
But, Aquatopia!!! :p :p :p

RSoxNo1

My proposal was a re-design and doubling up of the Speedway.

Track one originates on the TRON side and starts in Flynn's arcade. The cars go through a tunnel where Flynn "hacks" the vehicles.
Track two originates where the current Speedway entrance is and starts in Litwack's Arcade. The cars go through a tunnel where they glitch. The two tracks interact / intersect and form a fantasy/futurism border between Tomorrowland and Fantasyland.

J4546

i say go big with mermaid lagoon area like disneysea. relocate mermaid ride and a re-themed barnstormer along with tritons underwater kingdom accessed via cavern under train tracks. then use old mermaid space for 7dwarves extension through haunted forest with show scene and hill. Also, make area between tron and mermaid a multipathed walkway full of trees with tiny multicolor led lighting that looks cool and acts as a palette cleanser between the two lands

Attachments

• MK Mermaid Lagoon 7 Dwarves.jpg
    MK Mermaid Lagoon 7 Dwarves.jpg
    248.6 KB · Views: 91

Bocabear

My proposal was a re-design and doubling up of the Speedway.

Track one originates on the TRON side and starts in Flynn's arcade. The cars go through a tunnel where Flynn "hacks" the vehicles.
Track two originates where the current Speedway entrance is and starts in Litwack's Arcade. The cars go through a tunnel where they glitch. The two tracks interact / intersect and form a fantasy/futurism border between Tomorrowland and Fantasyland.
That is a really fun idea!

corran horn

Including Buzz, Milf and Ralph will not solve the mess Tomorrowland has become, it will just exascerbate the problem with a smaller footprint.
We need some real imagineering to come up with some stellar new concepts... Alien Encounter was clever and modern and on theme as was Timekeeper...There MUST be some new ideas out there...

I'm doubtful it'd be anything non-IP. If this were DL/DCA it'd already be some Stark Expo thing. (that I'd probably love)

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
They could expand Storybook Circus over to Mad Tea Party and just make that a bigger land sandwiched between Fantasyland and Tomorrowland. Then it wouldn't just be an awkward back alley like it always has been.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
They could expand Storybook Circus over to Mad Tea Party and just make that a bigger land sandwiched between Fantasyland and Tomorrowland. Then it wouldn't just be an awkward back alley like it always has been.
From beginning to end and all the dead ends in between. There is almost nothing visually appealing about MK's Tomorrowland. Recently, they worked hard to make it less tacky. But, less tacky isn't 'great.'

But what do I know, I'm just a shill.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom