Wreck-It Ralph Attraction Coming to TDL in 2026

Brer Oswald

This is going to have the same issue as the Mario Kart ride. Where you are crawling along when you are supposed to be racing.
The expectations are nowhere near as high for this attraction. The Sugar Rush game as it was in the movie was just a cheap Mario Kart knockoff.

mickEblu

The expectations are nowhere near as high for this attraction. The Sugar Rush game as it was in the movie was just a cheap Mario Kart knockoff.

It’s not about expectations being higher or lower it’s about matching people expectations of said IP. People will think Wreck it Ralph/ Sugar Rush and automatically assume there is some racing component.

ThemeParkTraveller

Honestly the one thing I'm not seeing in any of these revamped Tomorrowland plans is anything that would bring some kinetic energy to the land. With how spacious it is otherwise, my critique with the land (and with Tokyo Disneyland in particular) is how sorely it lacks kinetic energy in Tomorrowland and Adventureland.

A modern Peoplemover would do absolute wonders for that corner of the park, especially in a completely new Tomorrowland.

You really feel it with the removal of the Star Jets in Tomorrowland. Adventureland has also gotten worse with the indefinite closure of the Swiss Family Treehouse though the railroad does add some kinetic energy to the area around Jungle Cruise.

TimeDuck

You really feel it with the removal of the Star Jets in Tomorrowland. Adventureland has also gotten worse with the indefinite closure of the Swiss Family Treehouse though the railroad does add some kinetic energy to the area around Jungle Cruise.
It's interesting because I actually feel the entire park has this problem, even though there are spots with natural kinetic energy. Compared to like, Disneyland in Anaheim where the lack of space means that every moving object is directly in your eyeline.

Where as in Tokyo - things like the railroad, Jungle Cruise boats, Mark Twain, Splash Mountain drop, Thunder Mountain - are all kind of tucked around corners and behind obstructed sightlines. There isn't even very much noise pollution.

Even Fantasyland - with arguably the most with Dumbo, the carousel, and tea cups- struggles because they're all so spaced out.

In general, I'm a fan of OLC's ongoing decision to continue to differentiate Tokyo Disneyland from just being a Magic Kingdom knockoff. I think BatB and the new Space Mountain are terrific starts in a new direction. But I do think they will have to reckon a bit with the fact that much of what makes MK and DL charming is how layered so many of the attractions are.

TimeDuck

What's fascinating is that DisneySea couldn't have solved this problem any better. Every inch of that park feels completely alive and filled with movement.

I wonder if their strategy of piece-meal overhauling the park is leading to a blind spot when it comes to that specific issue.

hopemax

What's fascinating is that DisneySea couldn't have solved this problem any better. Every inch of that park feels completely alive and filled with movement.

I wonder if their strategy of piece-meal overhauling the park is leading to a blind spot when it comes to that specific issue.
And to emphasize the point. I found out that Journey to the Center to the Earth and the Electric Railway will be under refurbishment during our trip. While, I am slightly disappointed about Journey being unavailable, we rode it multiple times in 2018 and I'll survive and I know we'll be back... I am absolutely crushed over no Electric Railway. Like "why am I so upset about a B-ticket, old-time transportation" attraction?!? But it's so vital to the overall vibe and experience of that part of the park. And saves a few steps walking.

IMDREW

And to emphasize the point. I found out that Journey to the Center to the Earth and the Electric Railway will be under refurbishment during our trip. While, I am slightly disappointed about Journey being unavailable, we rode it multiple times in 2018 and I'll survive and I know we'll be back... I am absolutely crushed over no Electric Railway. Like "why am I so upset about a B-ticket, old-time transportation" attraction?!? But it's so vital to the overall vibe and experience of that part of the park. And saves a few steps walking.
Electric Railway is also closed when I'm going in September. And last time it also also was under refurbishment! Now it's become a life mission to ride someday.

Jubs

Electric Railway is also closed when I'm going in September. And last time it also also was under refurbishment! Now it's become a life mission to ride someday.

It seems to go down quite frequently compared to most attractions. I've been lucky enough to go on it, but it's been down during what feels like half of my trips. Maybe just due to the very open track in all the elements?

TimeDuck

I'm genuinely so sorry. It's easily one of my favorite attractions at that park. When we were there last December they were celebrating an anniversary and had tons of Electric Railway specific merchandise, of which we bought everything.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom