Wreck-It Ralph Attraction Coming to TDL in 2026

SplashJacket

This is kind of meh, in my opinion. Buzz isn't some great attraction, but at least there are some physical sets. If it just turns into a screens-ride, that's a loss in my opinion. Give me some good animatronics and we can talk.
IMG_2364.png

I could be wrong, but this scene looks like the scene with the big orange robot.
IMG_2366.jpeg

It looks like a large Ralph animatronic with a small Vanellope animatronic with built sets until the cross lollipops and then projections behind that.

disneyC97

I feel like there would be space in front of the new Space Mountain for a spinner...a replacement for their Starjets, maybe something like Shanghai has...

the.dreamfinder

I really hope they do not build Galaxy's Edge anywhere near TDR. It's such a completely lifeless land, they deserve much better.
I don’t think they’d make the same mistake Chapek made with his agressive cuts. So much was cut out of that land. From retail locations to the third ride and roaming droids to the Kalikori Club (who thought it was a good idea to cancel a large TSR that serves alcohol when you see how full Be Our Guest is), that land is not what WDI envisioned.

Gusey

This is going to have the same issue as the Mario Kart ride. Where you are crawling along when you are supposed to be racing.
I think that's why they're already stressing that the attraction isn't a Sugar Rush race, but you're shooting Sugar Bugs created by King Candy's glitch to help Ralph and Vanellope

mickEblu

I think that's why they're already stressing that the attraction isn't a Sugar Rush race, but you're shooting Sugar Bugs created by King Candy's glitch to help Ralph and Vanellope

Right but I imagine you’re still on the go karts going along the race tracks?

thequeuelinelectures

Right but I imagine you’re still on the go karts going along the race tracks?
Concept art doesn't look like we are in racecars. Seems like the narrative thread is more "travel through world of video games zapping the glitches away". I'd expect we see some non Sugar Rush areas. Hell if they get really ambitious it would be amazing to see some game IP's included. Obviously not Mario but I could see Pac Man, Sonic etc that level of IP used

mickEblu

Concept art doesn't look like we are in racecars. Seems like the narrative thread is more "travel through world of video games zapping the glitches away". I'd expect we see some non Sugar Rush areas. Hell if they get really ambitious it would be amazing to see some game IP's included. Obviously not Mario but I could see Pac Man, Sonic etc that level of IP used

oh ok that helps and yeah that would be cool even if its just a few easter eggs. The obvious move for the Wreck it Ralph IP is a Sugar Rush Racers a la RSR so it seems disappointing to use the IP in this way.

denyuntilcaught

Not saying I agree with this, but WDI has clearly shifted to thinking of the theme of Tomorrowland as less "futurism" and more general "tech". Tron, Ralph, Big Hero 6 etc aren't really IP's that deal with the future at all (in fact that are decidedly retro) but they do have themes revolving around technology.
Agreed. And honestly, I don't mind. The underlying premise of Tomorrowland has always been a fool's errand since day 1, so I don't mind the premise broadening from things that actually are futuristic or predictive of the future to things that we generally associate with discovery, technology, and whatnot.

mickEblu

Agreed. And honestly, I don't mind. The underlying premise of Tomorrowland has always been a fool's errand since day 1, so I don't mind the premise broadening from things that actually are futuristic or predictive of the future to things that we generally associate with discovery, technology, and whatnot.

I don't mind (within reason of course) as long as the facade blends in aesthetically with the land. This facade looks pretty nice. Better than BLAB or Alien Pizza planet at DL for sure. But those issues Id say are more with the marquee than anything else.

TimeDuck

I don’t think they’d make the same mistake Chapek made with his agressive cuts. So much was cut out of that land. From retail locations to the third ride and roaming droids to the Kalikori Club (who thought it was a good idea to cancel a large TSR that serves alcohol when you see how full Be Our Guest is), that land is not what WDI envisioned.
I don't think there is any chance WDI/Disney signs off or encourages OLC to create what would be the 10/10 version of the land when they've copy and pasted the 7/10 version to two different coasts and then cancelled it for an international park.

Especially considering how most of the cut stuff ended up in an expensive hotel that immediately shuttered.

I think if we ever see a Star Wars based land at TDR, it would be pretty original.

TimeDuck

Honestly the one thing I'm not seeing in any of these revamped Tomorrowland plans is anything that would bring some kinetic energy to the land. With how spacious it is otherwise, my critique with the land (and with Tokyo Disneyland in particular) is how sorely it lacks kinetic energy in Tomorrowland and Adventureland.

A modern Peoplemover would do absolute wonders for that corner of the park, especially in a completely new Tomorrowland.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom