Wreck-It Ralph Attraction Coming to TDL in 2026

BasiltheBatLord

Original Poster
Anyone see this coming? Replacing Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters, which is closing in October 2024. It looks screen-based.

Official website posting

1714117307548.png

1714117293900.png

SweetDuffy101

New Attraction Coming to Tokyo Disneyland®

Set in the World of Disney Animation Film Wreck-It Ralph

URAYASU, CHIBA—Oriental Land Co., Ltd. announced that a new attraction based on the world of the Walt Disney Animation Studios film Wreck-It Ralph will debut at Tomorrowland in Tokyo Disneyland Park, during fiscal year 2026 or later.

This new attraction at Tokyo Disneyland will be an indoor interactive game play experience, perfect for children and adults, that will be created by transforming the existing Buzz Lightyear’s Astro Blasters attraction.

Wreck-It Ralph, which serves as the theme for the attraction, is an arcade-game-hopping adventure from Disney Animation.
Ralph, who has played the bad guy in his popular videogame, embarks on an action-packed journey as he sets out to prove to everyone that he is atrue hero with a big heart.
As he explores exciting new worlds, he teams up with someunlikely new friends including feisty misfit Vanellope von Schweetz.

In the attraction, enter the candy-themed racing game Sugar Rush, which is being attacked bySugar Bugs – glitches created by King Candy. Guests team up with the beloved filmcharacters Ralph and Vanellope to transform the Sugar Bugs back to their original “kawaii”confectionery such as cookies and cakes.Guests can look forward to this new attraction at Tokyo Disneyland and immerse themselvesin the world of the candy-themed racing game, Sugar Rush, while embarking on a thrillingadventure.-

In preparation for this new attraction, Buzz Lightyear’s Astro Blasters will close fromOctober 2024.- Buzz Lightyear’s Astro Blasters is presented by FUJIFILM Corporation.- The adjacent merchandise shop Planet M will also be undergoing theme changes andimprovements.

SweetDuffy101

We can actually make a thread

That base on Tokyo Disneyland's Tommorowland in this regard we can also speculate on revamping the space on where stitch encounter is and lets be real this is a part of a much grander Tommorowland overhaul and it has already started with Baymax area and now Space mountain and Wreck_it ralph.

ThemeParkTraveller

I had heard rumors about a potential Buzz replacement at other parks but did not think TDL was one of them. Buzz still had decent wait times the last time I visited, but I guess the ride is mostly seen as an inferior version of Toy Story Mania now. Out of all the IPs to replace it with, I did not even think about Wreck-It Ralph. Concept art looks fun though.

SweetDuffy101

In my personal opinion if OLC is planning on building a starwars land in rivers of america or zootopia franchise replacing splash, we can see them removing star tours from TL and replacing it with another IP.

TimeDuck

My wife and I just got back from HKDL and enjoyed Ant Man and the Wasp Nano Battle much more than we expected to. And it's not a particularly good attraction, especially with its complete reliance on screens and static objects.

I think the underlying lesson is that Astroblasters around the world has truly reached the end of its life, and it's time for some new revamps. I'm not a huge fan of the Wreck It Ralph IP but I'm hoping this attraction manages to find a good blend of screen usage and moving objects (and some actual animatronics).

ThemeParkTraveller

In my personal opinion if OLC is planning on building a starwars land in rivers of america, we can see them removing star tours from TL and replacing it with another IP.

I remember the previous rumor was that OLC rejected both Avatar and Star Wars Land for TDR. But maybe they reconsidered after visiting those lands in the U.S parks? Also, I would prefer to expand Star Wars into the parking lot behind Tomorrowland instead. It would be a shame to remove the Rivers of America since it's so beneficial to the atmosphere of Westernland and Critter Country.

TimeDuck

I remember the previous rumor was that OLC rejected both Avatar and Star Wars Land for TDR. But maybe they reconsidered after visiting those lands in the U.S parks? Also, I would prefer to expand Star Wars into the parking lot behind Tomorrowland instead. It would be a shame to remove the Rivers of America since it's so beneficial to the atmosphere of Westernland and Critter Country.
I really hope they do not build Galaxy's Edge anywhere near TDR. It's such a completely lifeless land, they deserve much better.

ThemeParkTraveller

I really hope they do not build Galaxy's Edge anywhere near TDR. It's such a completely lifeless land, they deserve much better.

It looks spectacular, but I wouldn't want that for TDL either. Rise of the Resistance (a variation of it at least) is the only thing from Galaxy's Edge I'd bring to TDL. The rest of the land takes up too much valuable space that TDL cannot afford to spare.

TimeDuck

It looks spectacular, but I wouldn't want that for TDL either. Rise of the Resistance (a variation of it at least) is the only thing from Galaxy's Edge I'd bring to TDL. The rest of the land takes up too much valuable space that TDL cannot afford to spare.
I agree about Rise but selfishly since I live in the US and can visit it on both coasts, I'd much rather they spent that investment on another E ticket of that scope and scale.

BasiltheBatLord

Original Poster
It would really shock me if Star Wars ever came to TDR on the level of Galaxy's Edge. Not that Star Wars is an unknown property in Japan, but there is really not the same level of demand or devotion for the franchise that you see in the U.S. Star Tours is frequently a walk-on here.

Not to mention it's hard to see Star Wars attracting much interest from TDR's 79% female visitor base.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
TDR tries to distinguish themselves from the other parks, so replacing Buzz with a different IP fits that strategy. And therefore I would also not expect ROTR or GE to make any kind of appearance. I can't imagine SW in general getting a new ride in TDR.
I do find it weird they didn't get the new star tours scenes though, seems very easy in implement since they were already being made. They don't even have to travel to the US to test it either since I imagine they can just load it up onto there version and then test it that way.

Last edited:

Markiewong

I do find it wired they didn't get the new star tours scenes though, seems very easy in implement since they don't they were already being made. They don't even have to travel to the US to test it either since I imagine they can just load it up onto there version and then test it that way.
They will probably have to pay WDI for coming in to change it. But it seems they are replacing Tomorrowland in phases. Baymax was 1, Wreck it Ralph is 2 and Space Mountain is 3. Star Tours might be 4?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom