WOW I am NOT a happy camper!!!

DisneyPrincess5

WOW...

So for the first time ever, I was excited to book our ADRs on the online system.
Looks like I won't be doing that however!

We arrive 4/27/12-today is our 180 mark. We are staying on property, which means we're allowed to book +10. After JUST logging in with site and entering the same resort reservation number to look at our reservation, the dining system is not allowing me to book +10 as it cannot confirm our resort reservation??? I've tried like 8 times, even copying and pasting the reservation number from Disney's email to make sure I am not typing it incorrectly and it still says it doesn't exist.
Has this ever happened to anyone? Am I doing something wrong?

I'm kind of upset-I've been looking forward to this as a happy moment and I'm ticked! I guess I'll just have to wait until 7am to call instead. Bummer. Hope we don't lose out on anything we want!

DisneyPrincess5

Original Poster
Ok so I called and got everything we wanted thankfully!!!

And of course the woman on the phone had no idea what happened with the system not recognizing our resort confirmation number :hammer: oh well.

Upvote 0

jlevis

And of course the woman on the phone had no idea what happened with the system not recognizing our resort confirmation number :hammer: oh well.

In the course of an hour and a quarter, on a Sunday, everything was made right and you got what you wanted. Not sure the snide remark about the lady who resolved your problem was called for.

Upvote 0

DisneyPrincess5

Original Poster
In the course of an hour and a quarter, on a Sunday, everything was made right and you got what you wanted. Not sure the snide remark about the lady who resolved your problem was called for.

Ooh I'm sorry if you were offended. It was a comment made out of confusion and a fact about the woman on the phone. Not snide at all-factual and I was obviously thankful that it was resolved.

Upvote 0

G00fyDad

Ooh I'm sorry if you were offended. It was a comment made out of confusion and a fact about the woman on the phone. Not snide at all-factual and I was obviously thankful that it was resolved.

You weren't being snide about the woman on the phone. Not sure what is wrong with him that made him think you were. :shrug:

The online reservation system has had glitch after glitch happen since it came online. A lot of people have had issues with the online reservation system. I'm happy that you got what you wanted though. :) It can be very frustrating when you wait so long to do something like that and it doesn't work right. Usually it is issues with the system being down but the whole computer system has problems. Every single time I call to make any changes on my booked trips they always seem to have trouble finding my trip reservation. :brick:

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

I'm glad everything turned out okay. Like G00fydad said, the website is notoriously laden with glitches. I find it pretty unreliable at best. A couple weeks after we got home from our recent trip I went to DisneyWorld.com and the opening page said I had like 18 days until we checked-in for our trip. When you're still mourning the end of a great adventure, that's just sooooo wrong! :lol:

Upvote 0

Hrudey3032

She also may have used that in reference to the system not working and recognizing her number instead of your take on her making a snide remark about the operator.

Upvote 0

Computer Magic

WOW...

So for the first time ever, I was excited to book our ADRs on the online system.
Looks like I won't be doing that however!

We arrive 4/27/12-today is our 180 mark. We are staying on property, which means we're allowed to book +10. After JUST logging in with site and entering the same resort reservation number to look at our reservation, the dining system is not allowing me to book +10 as it cannot confirm our resort reservation??? I've tried like 8 times, even copying and pasting the reservation number from Disney's email to make sure I am not typing it incorrectly and it still says it doesn't exist.
Has this ever happened to anyone? Am I doing something wrong?

I'm kind of upset-I've been looking forward to this as a happy moment and I'm ticked! I guess I'll just have to wait until 7am to call instead. Bummer. Hope we don't lose out on anything we want!

This exact issue happened to me in Sept at our 180 mark for March. As we all know getting ADR for your choice is hard enough as is. I got up early to enter my ADR then had to rush around finding the phone number to call the ADR in. The CM says that happens a lot. Lucky I got all the ADR I wanted.

I completely understand being upset.

Upvote 0

DisneyPrincess5

Original Poster
This exact issue happened to me in Sept at our 180 mark for March. As we all know getting ADR for your choice is hard enough as is. I got up early to enter my ADR then had to rush around finding the phone number to call the ADR in. The CM says that happens a lot. Lucky I got all the ADR I wanted.

I completely understand being upset.

Oh wow I'm sorry that happened! Hopefully they can work some of those kinks out because these system errors are causing a lot of issues. Thankfully the phone system still exists and operates well!

Upvote 0

Hrudey3032

Sometimes I think people take themselves to seriously and act like they know what you or I are thinking. I work PT in a call center and sometimes I do not understand why our website doesn't recognize coupons/rewards but as soon as they call us they work no problem. Sometimes computer sites have glitches when highly used like Disney's.

Upvote 0

Computer Magic

Sometimes I think people take themselves to seriously and act like they know what you or I are thinking. I work PT in a call center and sometimes I do not understand why our website doesn't recognize coupons/rewards but as soon as they call us they work no problem. Sometimes computer sites have glitches when highly used like Disney's.
Being an IT Director, you see execs push out software with bugs. The testing of software has changed from employee testing to customer testing. This has caused customer dissatifaction. Yes, the Help Desk/call center are the ones having to deal with the customer. This goes back to another thread about quailty and having things work at 80% being acceptable.

Upvote 0

G00fyDad

She wasn't saying that the woman was being dismissive. She was talking about the system not recognizing her information.

Back to the original topic, with the sheer number of people that use the system it is expected that there are going to be problems. To be honest, I'm surprised it can stay in operation with the amount of incoming and outgoing data.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
A couple of things with the Disney website and reservation system....

1. Use either IE or Chrome as your browser. Disney's site is notoriously bad with Firefox and Safari.
2. Do not cut and paste your conformation number. I have no idea why but I have run into multiple situations where cutting and pasting would not work but typing the conformation does.
3. If you run into issues clear your cookies, cache, etc and restart your system.
4. When all else fails just call.

Upvote 0

strmchsr

2. Do not cut and paste your conformation number. I have no idea why but I have run into multiple situations where cutting and pasting would not work but typing the conformation does.

What I think happens a lot of times is that the line where you type in your confirmation number only allows the exact number of spaces for the confirmation number. No spaces between numbers. However, the confirmation email usually has at least 1 space in between numbers. So, what happens is that your confirmation number ends up with 1 or 2 numbers being left off if you cut and paste. Typing the confirmation number in with no spaces generally resolves the issue.

Upvote 0

Computer Magic

A couple of things with the Disney website and reservation system....

1. Use either IE or Chrome as your browser. Disney's site is notoriously bad with Firefox and Safari.
3. If you run into issues clear your cookies, cache, etc and restart your system.
4. When all else fails just call.

What I think happens a lot of times is that the line where you type in your confirmation number only allows the exact number of spaces for the confirmation number. No spaces between numbers. However, the confirmation email usually has at least 1 space in between numbers. So, what happens is that your confirmation number ends up with 1 or 2 numbers being left off if you cut and paste. Typing the confirmation number in with no spaces generally resolves the issue.

Speaking for what happen to me as being an IT, I followed the rules above. The system is buggy. A buggy system (even one mishap) leads to customers losing faith in the application. It takes a long time (if ever) for a customer to regain confidence in a buggy system.

Upvote 0

DisneyPrincess5

Original Poster
So the title should be changed to "Now a happy camper" or maybe, even more on topic, "Warning about online ADR malfunction".

Yes CLEARLY the online system is what I was unhappy with as there was a malfunction, not the helpful operator who was very pleasant. And the issue actually didn't have anything to do with my ADRs as I didn't even get that far. The issue was with the system not acknowledging that my resort reservation existed.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom