wow actually had a horrible time at disney world

bailey12

Original Poster
lucky we went before our previous trip. We went the week of aug 11 and stayed for 7 days at port orleans french quarter. The busses were supposed to come every 20 minutes but they did not. it was more like every hour. SERIOUSLY. There was a HUGE line at just about every park for our resort.. we'd see Pop Century and all the other resorts get about 3-4 bus loads before our bus actually came. I just could not believe it. Some of the drivers even ignored people in the wheel chairs at times claiming to "come back soon" and when we went it was dead heat. The only reason I'm complaining is because there were always a lot of toddlers and older people in the heat like that. I was shocked to see how poorly the buses ran during our trip. I hope they fix their issues before someone gets ill waiting in the heat.. if so they'd have an hours wait like we did.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

bailey12

Original Poster
no we were just so tired we stayed in the room as much as we could. (our room was all way way at the end by the parking lot) that is why i made this thread wondering if anyone know where i could address this issue.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I always find it much more magical to not have to depend upon a bus.

Sorry you had a bad experience, but you could always write Guest Relations.

Walt Disney World Guest Relations
P.O. Box 10000
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

or

Walt Disney World Guest Communications
PO Box 10040
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-0040

or

Mr. Robert Iger
Chief Executive Officer
The Walt Disney Company
500 South Buena Vista Street
Burbank, CA 91521-4873

Mr. James A. Rasulo
Chairman
Walt Disney Parks & Resorts
500 South Buena Vista Street
Burbank, CA 91521-4873

Meg Crofton
President
The Walt Disney World Resort
PO Box 10040

Al Weiss
President
Worldwide Operations
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts
PO Box 10000

ArielLover

lucky we went before our previous trip. We went the week of aug 11 and stayed for 7 days at port orleans french quarter. The busses were supposed to come every 20 minutes but they did not. it was more like every hour. SERIOUSLY. There was a HUGE line at just about every park for our resort.. we'd see Pop Century and all the other resorts get about 3-4 bus loads before our bus actually came. I just could not believe it. Some of the drivers even ignored people in the wheel chairs at times claiming to "come back soon" and when we went it was dead heat. The only reason I'm complaining is because there were always a lot of toddlers and older people in the heat like that. I was shocked to see how poorly the buses ran during our trip. I hope they fix their issues before someone gets ill waiting in the heat.. if so they'd have an hours wait like we did.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

so let me get this straight...you had a horrible time because you had to wait for the FREE buses?:eek:

BigB911

so let me get this straight...you had a horrible time because you had to wait for the FREE buses?:eek:

As was discussed in another thread, the busses are not FREE, as you state (in caps no less), but the cost is built into the overall price of your vacation. It's a "perk" of staying on property, to intice guests to stay on property.

If the busses are supposed to run every 20 minutes, they better friggin run every 20 minutes. When I go, if I'm waiting an hour for a bus, someone is going to know about it, and it won't be pleasant.:p

luckyeye13

no we were just so tired we stayed in the room as much as we could. (our room was all way way at the end by the parking lot) that is why i made this thread wondering if anyone know where i could address this issue.

Okay, so because the buses ran so infrequently and you were tired from waiting for them, you just spent your time in your room? :shrug: Hopefully, the room was nice, at least. When did you go to the parks, then, if you were in your room as much as possible?

Bairstow

I don't see why people are being so defensive of the resort in this post. When you go to a resort complex like this you have every right to expect adequate transportation while on site. Sure, the buses are free, but only because they exist to get you from one opportunity to spend money to the next. When a transportation problem like this arises it's in nobody's interest and only the resort is to blame.

Bailey, an hour's wait to and from your resort is completely unacceptable, and you have every reason to be unsatisfied. If you have the time contact guest relations and voice your concerns. Next time, document if possible with pictures or video how long the lines and waits are and share them here.

LudwigVonDrake

I stayed at POFQ in July and had two times that the wait for the buses were unacceptable. Once at the Studios we waited 45 minutes for a bus and EVERY other resort had 3-4 buses in that time period. One guy went over to the white van to complain and the guy allegedly told him they were "working on it". That didn't speed up the wait time at all! Another time at AK we waited close to an hour and a lady with (I guess) her husband in a wheelchair went over to what I think is the drivers break room asked if a bus was coming.

20 minutes to wait for a bus is acceptable. 45 minutes to an hour is NOT whether it's "free" or you pay.

CAPTAIN HOOK

Why didn't you voice your concerns while you were there - that way it could have been addressed, instead of staying in your room "as much as you could"

CAPTAIN HOOK

As was discussed in another thread, the busses are not FREE, as you state (in caps no less), but the cost is built into the overall price of your vacation. It's a "perk" of staying on property, to intice guests to stay on property.

Transportation is more likely to be "funded" out of ticket sales, since all park guests can use the transportation for free

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
When we last stayed at POR there were people always being left waiting at the stops near the mansions. Luckily I had asked for a room near the bus stop which also just happened to be near the car park. A double bonus.

Given the impact the buses can have on a vacation, Id always find it prudent to fork out the dollars to ensure that my holiday ran as smoothly as possible.

I must admit I dont think I would have suffered in silence, as it will be kind of difficult to prove anything after the event.

disneymyway

I'm really sorry that this happened to you - especially in August. It is just so icky to be hot and to be waiting for those buses - been there.

I think it is great that they have those buses and I use them sometimes but I don't depend on them. Part of my trip planning is thinking of where we'll be in relationship to where we are staying.

If we are spending a lot of time at places like AK (or AKL) or Downtown Disney, we rent a car. Or if we are not staying at a resort that is on the monorail and or near EPCOT, and those are the things we need to be near. It is just not worth it to me, the aggravation of waiting for buses all the time.

If it's going to be an occasional use of the buses do not rent a car but grab a cab if we don't want to wait for a bus.

Believe me, I hear you. I love WDW with all my heart but the buses can be a drag.

lynnie5150

That is why you should ALWAYS rent a car. I'm on vacation and I dn't want to rely on someone else. Plus, you can leave the grounds for things like dinner, discount mall Disney shopping, and groceries.

Laura

Premium Member
I hate using the buses. 90% of the time we bring our own transportation.

But I guess there are some people out there who just love the "convenience" of Disney's transportation system. I mean it's alright I guess, but overall it just aggravates me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom