wow actually had a horrible time at disney world

cblodg

I find it annoying that people are responding with "why are you complaining, it's free?" That is not an acceptable response, and actually, as has been pointed out, not true. While it's true that you don't have to buy a "bus pass" or "pay as you go" that does not make the service free. Its operational budget comes from room costs and park admissions. Second, even if it were "free," that doesn't mean Disney (or any Company for that matter) should provide substandard service. Disney advertises a certain wait time between busses and it is incumbent upon them to meet those times.

Well... the last bus sign I read said APPROXIMATELY 20 mins. Now for me, approximately could mean +/- 10 to 15 min in either direction. Disney does the best they can getting from one location to the next but I don't hold them to "they posted a 20 min wait so my bus should be here in 20 minutes!"

You're on vacation people. Your not doing the driving (in this case) relax. Now that being said, if you are waiting consistantly 40+ minutes, then there is an issue.

The other linked item to this is people being unhappy over missing ADR times. Well to those people I say, PLAN BETTER!!! EVERYONE should never assume that something is going to go as planned. Just as you would if you had to go to work during heavy traffic times, you account for this and adjust your plans as necessary.

fosse76

Show me a Disney advertisement that lists bus wait times. I'll be waiting.

And people aren't saying "don't complain, it's free" people are saying "why did you let that ruin your vacation?" Well, at least I was.

There doesn't have to be a printed advertisement. If you call Disney and ask, they will tell you the average wait time. That is even better than an advertisement. As such, Disney is obligated to meet that standard as best they can. The fact that people aren't "paying" for it in no way legitimizes not providing adequate service.

Lucky

I just returned from an 8-day trip. The bus service was the same as it's been on my previous 5 week-long trips. Sometimes you don't have to wait for one at all. Sometimes you wait for 20 minutes. Sometimes you have to stand. You can't go directly from one resort to another by bus. Etc., etc. It's my choice to leave my car at home, and I have to deal with the occasional inconveniences of the bus system.

hrcollectibles

I have used the Disney Transportation Buses on all of my trips and have never encountered a problem. It makes me chuckle a little bit when people wait in line for rides and attractions and then complain when they have to wait in line for a bus. Relax, your on vacation. It appears that the ones having issues with the buses are those that stay at moderate resorts. I stay at value resorts, why? Because All I need the room for is to shower and sleep.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom