wouldn't this be the best time for construction on WDW?

lazyboy97o

Probably can’t get a steady supply line of construction materials. Most materials arent just sitting around on a pallet, they are ordered and delivered with each phase, as needed. If I have to pay each construction worker $150/day, I don’t want to risk them showing up with no materials to work with.

Ok, I actually have no idea how construction work operates, but this seems like the logical process. Plus I’ve seen This Old House a few times 😉
Yes, there is sequencing based on material availability and lead times, but that is something that is tracked and planned. If a material is going to be delayed then the work schedule would be adjusted. Universal is currently ongoing with construction so supplies are not yet totally shut down.

I work for a concrete batch plant, its closed down, insurance so far isnt paying for sick employees. Myself i drive and repair concrete mixers and concrete pumps and unless its quite literally a real wartime emergency we are told to just stay home and wait it out. We are not truck drivers delivering food and supplies. But in some ways more critical as there are far more truck drivers than mixer truck operators.
Might be different in Florida though.

Phonedave

Probably can’t get a steady supply line of construction materials. Most materials arent just sitting around on a pallet, they are ordered and delivered with each phase, as needed. If I have to pay each construction worker $150/day, I don’t want to risk them showing up with no materials to work with.

Ok, I actually have no idea how construction work operates, but this seems like the logical process. Plus I’ve seen This Old House a few times 😉

Around here, if an Operating Engineer started a piece of equipment it was a guaranteed 4 hours pay. It was dicey with the weather on earthworks projects sometimes. There is some work that you cannot do in pouring rain. Do you risk it, and having to pay for a 4 hours washout, or do you send people home and then miss four hours of production when the sun comes out?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom