wouldn't this be the best time for construction on WDW?

bjlc57

Original Poster
okay the parks are now closed for a number of weeks. .Wouldn't this be the best time for disney to bring in a pile of construction crews and get a whole lot of some thing done? no guests under foot. .no worry about noise limitations .. no worries about most any thing and you probably don't have 250 people working in any one area.. or at least not confined .. should the powers that be book guys to come in and really make hay while the sun shines? when is disney ever going to have another chance to really get some thing done with out guests during the day time.. heck they could book round the clock workers and make major changes .. and all four parks could have crews.. this is really an opportunity if some one looks at it the right way..

DVCakaCarlF

A construction site with tons of people sharing tools, touching controls on equipment, sharing porta jons....I’m sure the corona virus has no rate of infection on a job site.

Realistically, they can do some things but it won’t be a Chinese fire drill.

I am sure the powers that be are thinking about what they can and cannot do...I imagine the painting of the castle will go on.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
okay the parks are now closed for a number of weeks. .Wouldn't this be the best time for disney to bring in a pile of construction crews and get a whole lot of some thing done? no guests under foot. .no worry about noise limitations .. no worries about most any thing and you probably don't have 250 people working in any one area.. or at least not confined .. should the powers that be book guys to come in and really make hay while the sun shines? when is disney ever going to have another chance to really get some thing done with out guests during the day time.. heck they could book round the clock workers and make major changes .. and all four parks could have crews.. this is really an opportunity if some one looks at it the right way..

This would be great, but I am skeptical it would happen on a larger scale. With all the bureaucracy you have in a company the size of Disney, it would be hard to quickly getting everything in place in time to start a lot of new projects. The process to get bids from contractors would probably take longer then the parks would be closed.

Hopefully they will deploy the in house staff to get as much done as possible.

Last edited:

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Okay, cool....you can fix things in the park when it's closed because 95% of the time you wear gloves during construction...but then what happens when that person goes to the store? To another crowded setting, ends up getting sick, doesnt know it, and takes it to work with him?

Just because construction workers are outside doesn't necessarily mean the risk of getting the coronavirus is low, especially if it's airborne.

Isher

It’s not construction, but all maintenance shifts are still reporting for duty, so they should have plenty of time to make necessary repairs. Assuming they have the correct parts on hand. :rolleyes:

Either way, rides and attractions will have better show quality once WDW reopens.

bjlc57

Original Poster
well for one.. yes I do know what things cost .. ( I don't like it but I know) .. two.. you already have some contracts signed.. just increase the crews.. three.. while the Disney corporation is " bleeding money ' as they say.. all of this is a tax wright off .. maintenance and park improvement and what not.. and Disney has a lot of extra money to bleed.. and again.. you work unencumbered of guests.. you have the full range of the parks including the roads.. you could have crews work 24 hours a day in 3 shifts.. this truly could be a blessing in disguise... heck they could actually have time to fix the yeti.. and again Magic Kingdom was built in a year.. with out guests. .this could be many months worth of night work..due to the man hours working.. and the non confinement..

Ricky Spanish

Nonsense, they already have all the crews, it’s just changing shift patterns and amount of people. They can work in an environment without the worry of guests, and all restrictions linked to that can be removed. The castle for example should be completed now easily.
Not nonsense.
The OP said, “make major changes”.
Not, “finish existing projects”

DisAl

They could maybe accelerate current projects and get some major maintenance done, but so far as any new projects that is not practical. It takes months if not years to do all the engineering, architectural plans, permitting, bidding, and scheduling on almost anything these days.

Minnesota disney fan

But first...……….they need to fix and repair all of the attractions. That, alone, could take the full 2 weeks/ 24/7! It would be nice to have a park without constant breakdowns.

lazyboy97o

well for one.. yes I do know what things cost .. ( I don't like it but I know) .. two.. you already have some contracts signed.. just increase the crews.. three.. while the Disney corporation is " bleeding money ' as they say.. all of this is a tax wright off .. maintenance and park improvement and what not.. and Disney has a lot of extra money to bleed.. and again.. you work unencumbered of guests.. you have the full range of the parks including the roads.. you could have crews work 24 hours a day in 3 shifts.. this truly could be a blessing in disguise... heck they could actually have time to fix the yeti.. and again Magic Kingdom was built in a year.. with out guests. .this could be many months worth of night work..due to the man hours working.. and the non confinement..
The construction workers don’t work for Disney. If construction in general continues in Central Florida then those companies and people would still have other projects. You also can’t just go to Home Depot for all of your materials, so even if you have a crew available they may not have anything to work with.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom