Would you want to have the entire park to yourself?

Would you want to have a WDW park all to yourself?

• Yes

Votes: 72 61.0%
  • No

Votes: 46 39.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sbkline

Original Poster
I have heard some people express interest in having a "private party" at a WDW park, wherein they and their party have the entire park just to themselves. Myself, I think that would suck. Sure, you would get on the rides with no problem, but to me, part of the Disney magic is seeing how alive the park is with vacationers from all over the country and the world. Sure, I don't want it to be so packed that the fastpass machines close at noon and I have to stand in huge lines. But the thought of being the only guests there makes is feel like your walking through a ghost town. Personally, I like to hear the chatter of other guests and see other families having a good time. I like to see the family of four, carrying their balloons and stuffed animals. I like to hear the people around me in line talking about what ride they're doing next. I just enjoy the festive atmosphere of thousands of tourists visiting the happiest place on Earth. I would think it would be incredibly boring to walk around all day with no one but you, your party and the employees. What do you all think?

figment1985

I def hear what you are saying- but I still think it would be fun to have a day or two with no one there. You can take in the park more, see things you didn't notice. You will be much more relaxed and can just stroll around looking at the details of something that someone or a crowd was always standing in front of.

I believe seeing happy people also makes Disney what it is, the food, etc is a plus.

CoffeeJedi

I'm with sbkine, if it was just a few friends and myself, i'd feel very very strange, "ghost town" was a very good way to put it.
Imagine going up to the Tower of Terror without seeing elevators full of screaming people popping up and down, or Splash Mountain's drop!
I'd love to see the parks with say.... 400 people total, that would be ideal.

animay

I'd hate approaching the cast members working the rides if they had to work a special event just for me. I'd prefer front of the line privelages rather than an empty park.

sbkline

Original Poster
I'm with sbkine, if it was just a few friends and myself, i'd feel very very strange, "ghost town" was a very good way to put it.
Imagine going up to the Tower of Terror without seeing elevators full of screaming people popping up and down, or Splash Mountain's drop!

Exactly. What fun would that be. I enjoy the experience of being one of thousands of people taking a break from the real world and enjoying WDW. To me, WDW by ourselves would be about as boring as being the only fans in the bleachers watching a ball game. Part of a ball game experience is the sounds of the thousands of fans in the stadium booing and cheering, etc. How fun would it be to see a silent ball game with no one in the stadium but you? I'm not even a sports fan, but I would think that would suck. I just can't imagine walking around an empty, quiet park. Someone mentioned taking in the scenery earlier, but to me, the guests are an essential part of the scenery. Just seeing people everywhere enjoying the park, carrying their souveniers, etc. That would be a pretty significant part of the scenery missing.

CrashNet

It depends...I've been in the parks after closing and when they are clear of most guests in order to take pictures with some fellow CMs and to get scenery shots without people in them. Thats fun, and very beneficial.

To have the park to myself or to just a group of friends...I think it would take away from the enjoyment. As some said earlier, you wouldn't hear the chatting, the screams, the laughing, and atmosphere is a big part of what makes it fun. My best scenario...a park at 1/3 to 1/2 capacity. Same great taste, half the wait. :)

LilRoo714

Although I voted for having the park to myself for the benefits of no lines, I would miss the people watching! That's a great way to spend time in Disney especially when it's really crowded or while you're waiting to do things.

I would love to have the park to myself for a couple of hours....or fill it with all the people I know and like (family, friends, ex roomies, that kind of thing).

But empty but for me and my family? I would really miss making fun of people's outfits and packs (my mother's included) and ill-behaved children.

I would ESPECIALLY miss all the gasps of little kids when they see their favorite character, or are watching the fireworks, or, my favorite: Watching Fantasmic for the first time. The whole chorus of:

"Mom, are they commin' to git me Mommy? Are they?"
"Mommy, that's our Tarzan movie from home and it's on the WATER MOM!"
"Daddy, you lift me up so I can see the water!"
"(GASP!) Mickey's habbin' a bad dream! Gotta waked him up, Mom! You gotta!"

And my favorite:

Big sister: (looked about 6 or 7) Don't be scared sweetie. They're all robots out there and they can't come and get you.
Little brother: (looked about 4 or 5) D'you think I'm stupid?

So yes, I would be sad if the parks were empty but for me. People watching is way too fun...and how you and people in your party react to annoying and rude guests....that's fun too.

Captain Hank

It's really kinda creepy being in a nearly empty park. I come in every morning prior to the park opening, sometimes as early as 5:00. At that point, it's just you, the landscapers and the squirrels (and they're usually asleep, too). I think it would just be weird to be in an open park without any other guests.

CrashNet

Agreed...400 well-behaved, english speaking, bath taking people....

:lol: Wow.

It's really kinda creepy being in a nearly empty park. I come in every morning prior to the park opening, sometimes as early as 5:00. At that point, it's just you, the landscapers and the squirrels (and they're usually asleep, too). I think it would just be weird to be in an open park without any other guests.

You work at EPCOT right? I came in at 7:30 frequently and it is really odd with no guests around. All you hear is that DA DA DA DAAAAA, DADA DAA plaza music and say hey to the two or three pressure washers and the occasional path repairman.

I wouldn't want the park to myself because the crowds are part of my classic Disney trip and I always want that same experience watching some of the "personalities" of people in the parks.

"...only then will we be truely living with the land."

sbkline

Original Poster
I wouldn't mind having the park mostly to ourselves at the end of the night...perhaps at EMH. But that's only after spending the day there with the normal crowds. Then, I might enjoy having a dead park to close out the evening with, but that's only because I have spent the entire day in the park the way I like it...hopping with happy tourists like myself.

I must say I am kind of surprised with the poll results so far. I figured there would be a higher percentage of people who feel the way I do.

Stitch_626_UK

i think it would be cool to have the whole place if you were in like a big group of friends, but just yourself would just be creepy,

i remember once being in fantasyland at night, it was raining really hard and there was like me, a few other toursits, and some cm's, it was cool (the rain doesnt bother me that much, its only a little water!) and it looked so pretty being so empty but it was just weird not seeing it crowded with people

Captain Hank

You work at EPCOT right? I came in at 7:30 frequently and it is really odd with no guests around. All you hear is that DA DA DA DAAAAA, DADA DAA plaza music and say hey to the two or three pressure washers and the occasional path repairman.
Yup, I'm in Epcot. I normally get to hear the Princess breakfast medley as I come out the Cast gate, and then either the funky Canada music or the cool Innoventions music depending on which way I decide to go to work. And, yeah, pressure washers, horticulture CM's and managers on Segways are about it as far as other living things go at that hour.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom