Would You Take a Bullet Train from Anaheim to Las Vegas?... Brightline West

NobodyElse

They even have a curfew of when they can take off and land and where they can park the planes during non take off or landing hours.

They seem to employ the kinder, gentler version of SNA's strict policy.
Fly Quietly2.jpg

truecoat

I did just that the week leading up to Memorial weekend. I live in the Bay Area and drove that trip.

Monday, May 20th I drove half way to Vegas and stayed at a motor lodge in Mojave. Then Tuesday I drove the rest of the way to Vegas and stayed 3 nights at The Linq. Friday I drove to Anaheim and stayed 3 nights and went to Disneyland Saturday and Sunday. Finally drove home Monday.

I'd would consider flying to Vegas then taking the train down to Disneyland and fly back home from Santa Ana if the train didn't stop in Rancho Cucamonga. I think it's the leg from there to Anaheim that would make me not want to do it, honestly.

We were going to fly my Dad to Vegas then drive to Disneyland and fly back from there. We ended up cutting out the Vegas part which was the right move at the time.

truecoat

Oh, don't get me started on the massive swindle that is "The Great Park"! What a crock.

Why anyone on this planet EVER believes anything a politician or bureaucrat tells them is beyond me. :banghead:

That said, I do think John Wayne has worked wonders with that land and logistics hurdles they have. It's one of the highest rated airports, it's clean and easy and fast, and it has some truly remarkable flight options. You pay a bit more from the privilege, but it's worth it. I recently learned that American Airlines now offers its Flagship First lay-flat suites on nonstop flights from New York to John Wayne. Who knew?!?

I flew out of Long Beach last year after seeing ELO (and a one-day visit to DL). It was cool to board a plane on the "tarmac" as they say.

Tarmac.jpg

NobodyElse

I flew out of Long Beach last year after seeing ELO (and a one-day visit to DL). It was cool to board a plane on the "tarmac" as they say.

View attachment 799450
Back when I was flying to Dulles once a month, and JetBlue had yet to abandon Long Beach, that was my favorite non-stop route.

PS: I'll admit to being old enough to have flown out of SNA when it looked more like this:
1720719096594.png

(Like Long Beach, no jetways.)

Last edited:

TP2000

Original Poster
Brightline West, America's next private high speed passenger railroad after the success of Brightline Florida, recently released some new renderings of the consists and interiors for their bullet trains across the desert. Also, a new Siemens train factory is being built in upstate New York to build the trainsets for Brightline West, with the goal to have the railroad up and running by Summer '28 for the LA Olympics.

Unlike the Brightline Florida trainsets, the Brightline West will feature a custom lounge and bar car, or "Party Car" as they call it. This is the car on the train for revelers to toast to good luck on their way to Las Vegas at 220 MPH, and then drown their sorrows with the pocket change they have left on their way back home to SoCal at 220 MPH.

I'm not much of a gambler, but I love a good party and I like this Brightline West look!

Cheers.jpg

Anaheim, Azuza and Cucamonga.jpg

All Aboard.jpg

KeithVH

Every time I come back to check this thread and I see the title, my first thought is always "Yeah, but what if Lemon and Tangerine are on the train?" . . .

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom