Would you take $1 million only to never be able to go to Disney again?

Do you take $1 million dollars only to never be able to visit Disney again?

• Take the $1 million

Votes: 66 36.7%
  • No money, keep the freedom to see the parks

Votes: 114 63.3%

• Total voters

sbkline

Wow, here you can get a nice little place for around 110-115.

I have always noticed that I apparently must live in a cheap part of the country, because I am always amazed at how much more expensive houses are in other parts of the country. We paid $58,000 for our house (or was it 56K, I can't remember) and it's a decent house...not a shack by any means. And that even included the empty lot next door, so we have an extra big yard. And our property taxes are only around 1500 a year or so. But when we watch these house flipping shows on TV, I can't believe how expensive homes are in other parts of the country, especially Florida or California. Even a broken down hovel, smaller than my house, sells for over 200 grand on some of those shows, and that's BEFORE the flip!

loveofamouse

I have always noticed that I apparently must live in a cheap part of the country, because I am always amazed at how much more expensive houses are in other parts of the country. We paid $58,000 for our house (or was it 56K, I can't remember) and it's a decent house...not a shack by any means. And that even included the empty lot next door, so we have an extra big yard. And our property taxes are only around 1500 a year or so. But when we watch these house flipping shows on TV, I can't believe how expensive homes are in other parts of the country, especially Florida or California. Even a broken down hovel, smaller than my house, sells for over 200 grand on some of those shows, and that's BEFORE the flip!

it's crazy different. In Jacksonville, you could take $150k to one side of town and get a decent house of about 1800sqft. Take that $150k to another and you'd barely get a condo. Go out to the beaches, I see mobile homes priced close to $1mil just because of the land.

Where I am now, $150 would get you about a 1800 sqft old house that needs repair. An avg. home is about $250-300k.

rkelly42

No way would I take the money, Disney is more important to me than 1million dollars. I do not blame people for wanting to take the money, but it is just not that important to me, not important enough to give up on going to disney.

Jeff456

I wouldn't take the money.... sure its a lot but I do love going to WDW and as long as I can continue to afford to go then I don't see much point. If there was more money involved say, $10,000,000 then maybe it would be slightly different, would not have to work again!

draybook

Yeah, if it were a larger sum I would take it. I didn't do Disney from 1992 until 2008, so if I had a large bank account I could do without it again, not that I wouldn't miss it.

bgraham34

1 million was only last 10-20 years depending on how you handle it. I have already calculated I need 5 million to retire at this moment. That would last about 60 years with current interest rates for me to live very nicely.

njDizFan

With 1 million I would just about break even with all my debt. With mortgages paid I could have a comfortable lifestyle. Retire, please :ROFLOL:property taxes and health care alone would run 25K a year.

I guess I would take the money, love to see the rest of the world.

Lucky

I hope no one from Disney marketing looks at this thread. If the majority of us are willing to give up $1 million to keep going to Disney, there must be room for some major price increases.

Personally I would take the $1 million. I'd even take $100,000.

ddbowdoin

I would take the million for a few reasons:

I am a 26 year old male and about to start a life with my girlfriend of 3 years. Considering I have substantial student debt, and do not currently own my own home I would almost be forced to take the million dollars. This would place myself, and my future family, in a more comfortable financial situation.

sublimesting

A million to a Canadian is tax-free [windfall doesn't get taxed]. Our health care isn't dependant on working. And since I'm already getting two pensions that I could live comfortably on and intend to retire in 8 years, a million would very nicely supplement what I've already got in place for retirement.

While I would miss the parks, there's plenty of other fun things to do in this world. Gimme the money! :king:

The United States government would never allow that. In fact we may actually be taxing you as well....

KevGuy

Pretty silly question, with 1 million I would be able to have enough to pay off whomever I need to to be quiet about it or hire someone to ummm.... and still go to Disney lol !!!! :ROFLOL:

sublimesting

1 million dollars!?! :drevil: Come on Dr. Evil up the ante a bit. This isn't the 60's, 1 million is a pittance over a lifetime. It would let you live comfortably for about 10 years. With inflation probably not even that long. By the time you are actually retirement age 1 million will be the equivalent of $100,000.

sublimesting

As much as I would miss Disney, I would have to take the money. I would like all of our debt paid off with a nice little nest egg. I don't want my kid to have to worry about anything. I think my hubby would not quit working. I've always wanted to visit Ireland so we could do that.

1M isn't going to cover all that! "1 million dollars" has the conotation of richness and wealth to it but in reality it doesn't go that far. I live in Pittsburgh and a home here built in 1950 with 3 bedrooms in a decent neighborhood goes for about $230,000.

rsoxguy

One can not judge intention by desire. I chose to answer yes because there are individuals and institutions for whom my heart cries out, and a million dollars would serve to help them all beyond impossible circumstances. I couldn't care less about receiving the money for myself (really), but that money could help people that need it badly. My joy would come from their relief, rather than any personal gain. Their deliverance would be worth the sacrifice of never seeing WDW again. Life is made up of more than our individual worth.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom