Would you rather...

tare

Stay at a value resort for 3 weeks or stay at a deluxe for 1 week?

Upgrade your ticket to Hopper and Water Park or go to Universal Studios for a day?

Be the Opening Ceremony Family or the Parade Family?

Go to the Halloween Party or the Christmas Party?

Stay at the Beach Club or the Polynesian?

Stay at the Coronado or Carribean?

Do the Land and Sea excursion (4 days in WDW 4 days on a Disney Cruise) or 8 days at WDW?

Rent or car or use WDW transportation?
3 wks
Upgrade
Neither
Christmas
Beach club
Carribean
8 days
Wdw transportation

Pooh'sBuddy

Stay at a value resort for 3 weeks or stay at a deluxe for 1 week? With the hubby and two boys, we'd like to have some elbow room.
Upgrade your ticket to Hopper and Water Park or go to Universal Studios for a day? We've got a really good water park near where we live if we want to do a water park, and I'd rather not be seen in a swimsuit.

Be the Opening Ceremony Family or the Parade Family? I think that would be more fun.

Go to the Halloween Party or the Christmas Party? Done the Christmas Party.

Stay at the Beach Club or the Polynesian? Staying within reach of a Dole Whip machine says it all.

Stay at the Coronado or Carribean? Stayed at CBR, and going to stay at CSR.

Do the Land and Sea excursion (4 days in WDW 4 days on a Disney Cruise) or 8 days at WDW? I'd rather be at WDW.

Rent or car or use WDW transportation? No need to spend money on a car.

ParentsOf4

Stay 3 weeks - Give me any onsite resort for 3 weeks!

Hopper & Water Parks - I enjoy Universal but Park Hopper & Water Park options really make a WDW trip

Opening Ceremony Family - The morning is just so much more exciting!

Chistmas Party - Between Thanksgiving and Christmas is the best time of year to go to WDW!

Beach Club - I prefer being able to walk to Epcot and the Boardwalk at night over taking the Monorail but this is a tough choice

Coronado - Perhaps the most overlooked Moderate Resort

Land & Sea excursion - Disney does the best cruise

jayhawkmickey

3 weeks without a doubt. I'd sleep in a tent for three weeks at WDW.
The hopper!
I've always wanted to be in a Disney parade so that would be my choice.
Love the MNSSHP.
We would fit in better at the Poly.
Carribean beach for the pirate rooms.
8 days easy, I'd get boared on a boat
World transportation, so easy.

SAV

Stay at a value resort for 3 weeks or stay at a deluxe for 1 week? Since I could never afford a Deluxe resort, I'll go with that for a week.

Upgrade your ticket to Hopper and Water Park or go to Universal Studios for a day? Universal

Be the Opening Ceremony Family or the Parade Family? Parade Family

Go to the Halloween Party or the Christmas Party? Christmas Party would mean I would be in WDW on my birthday.

Stay at the Beach Club or the Polynesian? Never been to either, so I'd try the Beach Club

Stay at the Coronado or Carribean? CBR.

Do the Land and Sea excursion (4 days in WDW 4 days on a Disney Cruise) or 8 days at WDW? 8 Days in the parks.

Rent or car or use WDW transportation? We always Rent a car.

ImagineerDude

Upgrade your ticket to Hopper and Water Park or go to Universal Studios for a day?

Do the Land and Sea excursion (4 days in WDW 4 days on a Disney Cruise) or 8 days at WDW?

1) I can't currently afford a Deluxe, so 1 week and stay at my timeshare 5 minutes away the next week for free :D

2) Hopper and Waterpark :eek:

3) Opening Ceremony Family because we are always there early anyway. :rolleyes:

4) Christmas Party ;)

5) Ooh...Beach Club for the pool. The smell at Poly makes me wanna puke :(

6) Coronado Pool and Caribbean Pool both look cool, but I chose Coronado :)

7) Land and Sea, never been on a Disney cruise! Yet... :p

8) Hmm, considering we always drive...car ;)

Love this thread idea!

Patricia Melton

This is a really fun thread. Thank you for starting it!

Here are the answers for my family:

1. We'd rather stay at the Deluxe Resort for one week. But the caveat is that my family goes down to WDW for 6 nights every May/June and we've been staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge for the last 5 or 6 years or so. So this is what we do anyway. Since we go every year, a week is a good amount of time for us. Anything longer and it gets hard to juggle schedules and commitments so a week of vacation is the most we can manage together.

2. I would rather take my family to Universal for the day and see Harry Potter. I am on record as someone who had no interest at all in Universal before Potterland was built. I still think the rest of Universal is very junky looking, but I do enjoy being in the Potterland part and am excited about the expansion and the Hogwarts Express train.

3. I'd love for us to be the Opening Ceremony Family. That would be one of the highlights of my life.

4. My family loves Halloween but have never been to the Halloween party yet. That's something I'd like to do.

5. I've never stayed at the Beach Club and it would be fun to try it. Maybe we'll stay there in 2014 (already have our plans to be at AKL again next summer)

6. I have no interest in staying at either the Coronado or the Caribbean. I'd stay at Port Olreans again though. I like that one better than the Coronado or the Caribbean.

7. 8 days at WDW for us. Some day we'll do a Disney cruise, but I think that would be more fun as a separate trip and not split between some time in the parks and then the cruise too.

8. We only use the WDW transportation and never rent a car. We're lucky to have friends in Florida who met us at the hotel and we all went to Potterland together so we did not have to worry about renting a car that day.

CaptainShortty

Probably Deluxe for a week. I think after staying in a value for 2 weeks I'd go crazy.

Since I have a CM ID that gets me into Disney whenever I want, definitely Universal!

Parade Family!

Halloween Party. I've heard it's 1000% better and you get to wear a costume!

Beach Club. It's on my bucket list to stay there.

Coronado! It's my 'Home"

I've always wanted to do a Disney Cruise so the Land and Sea excursion would be fun.

Rent a car. I like having the freedom.

ishmael0316

Tough one, but I will go for a longer vacation. 3 weeks at Disney is pretty sweet!

Water park, give me Summit Plummet!

Parade family, I have to get my breakfast on at Crystal Palace to start my day properly!

Hmmmm I might have to say Halloween only because that seems to be when more rare characters come out.

Poly! It has been a dream of mine to stay there.

I have stayed a Caribbean several times and loved them all, I choose that!

8 days at the world!
WDW buses as I am already paying for those anyway.

Tomi-Rocket

- 3 weeks, hands down!
- Park Hopper
- Parade family
- Christmas party
- Beach Club because we've haven't stayed there yet.
- Caribbean
- 8 days
- Disney transportation all the way!

KCheatle

Original Poster
All of these questions were questions I had in my mind for planning our future trip(s) to Disney! I kept thinking "hmm...we could do this or we could do this..what should we do?" I thought there was no better way to answer them all then ask the pros! I didn't expect so many responses!!! Thanks a bunch!

Well, from your responses, I can say this:

We'll do 1 week at a Deluxe, and it will probably be Polynesian since my kids are young and love MK still. The mono would also be great!

We'll upgrade to Park Hopper, but not water park because.. based on your responses ...we'll go at Christmas time and it will be too cold! And, we'll definitly go to the Christmas party!

The parade/opening ceremony family was just me dreaming, I guess. I can't plan that! But, if I could, I'd be the opening ceremony family. We LOVE watching the opening ceremony and then bolting to our favorite ride line-free!

I considered a 10-12 day vacation at a moderate, but couldn't chose which between Coronado and Carribean. If I had to chose, I'd go Carribbean for the themed rooms (thansk for pointing that out). That will stay in my back pocket for the next trip.

And, we'll do 8 days at WDW. I've thought about a cruise, but like many of you said, there's just nothing better than a week at WDW

And, I've also thought about renting a car, but if we're staying at the Poly, there's no reason! We've got the mono!

Thanks again!!

JIMINYCR

Stay 3 weeks - Doesn't matter where I stay it's simply more time = more fun
Park hopper over Universal. More Disney opportunities
Opening Ceremonies. Not a parade fan
Christmas party, my favorite time of year/ favorite time at Disney
Polynesian over Beach Club
Coronado vs Carribean... never had the chance to stay at either so I cant answer that one
8 days at the world, we went on land/sea cruise and I couldn't wait to get off ship to do the land part
Disney transportation, I dont want to have to drive while I'm on vacation.

Chrononymous

Deluxe baby! I have never stayed for more than 4 days, so a week is a treat!

Universal ...specifically Islands as I have not been to Potterland yet. As much as I love disneyquest and water parks...I have done them all before!

Opening ceremony makes me cry like a little baby! So yes. I don't like any parades right now.(unless I could ride in the MSEP!)

'Halloween for sure! Done both...Halloween is better in every way!

Beach Club...better pool.

Coranado. One of my faves.

Disney Cruise! I always wanted to do that! Plus days in WDW? heck yeah!

WDW transport for me. Don't drive.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Good idea for a thread.

Stay at a value resort for 3 weeks or stay at a deluxe for 1 week? - As much as the deluxes rock at the end of the day they're just a place to lay your head...2 extra weeks at the WORLD - NO BRAINER!!!! 3 weeks at AoA!!:)

Upgrade your ticket to Hopper and Water Park or go to Universal Studios for a day? - HOPPER!!! love Universal but can't live at WDW without the Hopper

Be the Opening Ceremony Family or the Parade Family? Parade Family I think....I don't know the benefits of both but tramping around in some kind of parade vehechile sounds like fun..DO I GET TO DRIVE!!!???

Go to the Halloween Party or the Christmas Party? Christmas!

Stay at the Beach Club or the Polynesian? --Poly

Stay at the Coronado or Carribean? Coronado - Carribean

Do the Land and Sea excursion (4 days in WDW 4 days on a Disney Cruise) or 8 days at WDW? Land and Sea always wanted to do a cruise!

Rent or car or use WDW transportation - Rent a car -easiest question on the list.

twinnstar

1 WEEK in a Deluxe! The resorts are a big part of the vacation for me! :) (also i think after 2 weeks, id probably want to go home haha...)

Hmmmm...tough one, but I'd upgrade to a park hopper/water park ticket!

Parade Family!

Christmas Party!

Poly!

Coronado!

8 days in WDW!!!!!!! 4 days is not enough!

WDW Trans, all the way!

woooo!

alissafalco

Well, what kind of deluxe room are we talking about? If its in a 2 bedroom penthouse suite concierge level at the GF that would sway my decision to stay 1 week.... If its just a regular standard deluxe room vs a 3 week vacay I'd definitely do the 3 weeks. Ive never been on a 3 week vacay in my life. The longest has been 2 weeks.

Definitely park hopper and water park. Was at Uni in Nov. and i have a been there done that attitude about it...

Opening ceremony

Christmas party

Polynesian

Caribbean

8 days WDW

Wdw transportation

rkelly42

Value 3 weeks
Upgrade Ticket
Opening Ceremony Family
Christmas Party
Poly
Caribbean
8 days at wdw
WDW Transportation

rufio

Value for 3 weeks. No contest. Deluxe resorts are amazing, but I don't mind downgrading to maximize my Disney time!

Hopper. I can't imagine going without it.

Opening Ceremony! It's so exciting to watch! I get teary when it starts, so I'd probably be bawling if I were part of it!

Halloween Party. From what I've heard it's awesome, but the Christmas party not so much. Just what I've gathered from people here.

Poly. It just looks awesome.

Caribbean, just because I haven't been there.

8 days at the World. Not a big fan of boats.

WDW transportation. Don't have to worry about parking.

YoungNY

Deluxe for a week
Park hopper
Parade family
Christmas party
Polynesian
Coronado
Land and sea
Wdw transportation

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom