Would you pay for club level?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Stayed club level in a 2 bedroom suite at GF. The breakfast was good, but food throughout the day was sandwiches and heavy hors d'œuvres in the evening. The free alcohol was nice - my SIL and his dad enjoyed their whiskey nightcap in the evening. The frig in our room was kept stocked with water and sodas.

Would I do it again? Probably not.

tmm7899

Absolutely, its the best. I feel that it is a good value actually. Stayed at AKL Club Level and had breakfast there every day, before heading out to the parks. I would do club level again and not get a dining plan as it turned out to be too much food total!

Weather_Lady

I can't see it ever being a good value for my family, unless we got it for a substantial discount. We bring cereal, granola bars and Pop Tarts from home and I drink the in-room coffee, so we'd "save" less than $4/day with a club level breakfast. We might nibble on a snack in the afternoon, but we spend all evening in the parks, so the rest of the offerings would be largely wasted on us. I suppose we could try to "save" by using lounge food as a replacement for all of our meals, but we'd be at the mercy of the menu planner as far as what there was to eat each day, and we'd feel like total scrounges doing it. The four of us can have a nice TS lunch and CS dinner for $200 or less already, and we get to choose from a variety of interesting and well-themed restaurants: why would be want to spend that same amount (or more) for the privilege of trying to pound down $200+ worth of Goldfish crackers, tartlets, wings and bruschetta at our resort?

No judgment on anybody who enjoys club level or finds that the convenience is worth it to them -- it just wouldn't work for my family.

Last edited:

OneofThree

"Would I"? Sometimes. Is it "worth it"? Not from a financial standpoint; not even close. Just stayed CL a couple of months ago, and two of four of our planned trips this year are CL rooms. By far, the greatest benefit was that of convenience -the ability to quickly grab a bite before heading off to the parks, or the ability to easily get a snack in the evening. That said, the additional $100-$200/day premium equates to a meal at a signature restaurant for the two of us, or perhaps 2 meals at slightly less expensive TS locations.

The_Jobu

From what I've read, I'd rather use CL money toward a nice meal (or several) or some souvenirs. But I've never stayed CL.

Last edited:

aw14

We stay at Club Level now exclusively for varying reasons. For us, there is a convenience factor that cannot be beat, and to me...when I go on vacation, I want to be able to go all in.

We have stayed club level at:
  • Contemporary twice
  • Beach Club
  • Animal Kingdom Lodge
  • Polynesian (second time this summer)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom