Would you pay $856 for two nights at Yacht or Beach Club?

slappy magoo

I'm too indecisive to have to put down a deposit the check availability.

If they can't accommodate you, you get the deposit back. There are other similar companies you can try.

I personally wouldn't spend that amount on a room, but hey, it's your money, you know your finances better than anyone else.

What she said...about the deposit anyway.

As far as spending that kind of money, I'm spending a comparable amount of money (per night, not total) to extend my next vacation a night. We're staying in a 1BR BLT Villa with a Lake View, but only had enough points for 6 nights (and that's with already renting a few direct from Disney). So to get the room for a 7th night, I paid cash using a DVC member's discount. In that scenario (conveniently, my own :D) I could see spending that kind of money to extend the stay in the resort you're already staying n extra night or two. But unless I had money to blow on anything I wanted any time I wanted, I wouldn't be able to justify to myself spending that kind of money for a single two night stay even in a Deluxe like the Yacht Club. I think I'd rather spend that kind of money on a 3 night stay in a Mod like the Coronado - or a 2 night stay with Deluxe Dining (if they allow dining plans with stays that short) and hit up a couple of Signature Dining locations during that time.

BigTxEars

Too much of me to sleep if I did :)

I cap out at around $250 a night. One of the reasons we joined DVC was so I would not have to think about those expensive nights after we break even on it :)

thomas998

Our vacation right now consists of one night at the mermaid section of AoA and six nights at wyndham bonnet creek.

I'm thinking that perhaps we should "upgrade" and lose one night at bonnet creek so we can have two nights at Yacht or Beach Club. Maybe I'm crazy. It would cost $681 more for those two nights vs the one night we are staying at AoA.

Our yearly Disney vacation means a lot to us and I want to squeeze all the magic I can out of the 7 nights that we will be there. The best deal I can get right now is on Orbitz with an extra 15% off since Disney is showing rack rate now for the first week of May.

The real question is what do you plan on doing during those special days and nights. We've justified in our own minds staying at the high end Disney hotels but don't do it all the time... we could justify the contemporary when we had very young kids and wanted to be as close to the park as possible so we could easily go back and forth between the park and hotel... now that they are older its hard to justify that...

Ask yourself what do you think you will get from the Beach Club? and then ask yourself if you will be taking advantage of those perks... When we do DL we stay at the Disneyland hotel if it is a warm time of the year but not if its when it is too cold to use their pools and slides... you need to look at what is special at those hotels and truly decide if you can use them... if you are usually in the parks from open to close then I would wonder if its worth it... and don't forget the pain in the backside of moving hotels midway through a trip. We've done that too and it seems to waste a few hours of time.

Only you can decide if it makes sense.

Oh, and don't just use one travel site... sometimes you can get a better deal on travelocity... they were a bit cheaper than Orbitz for us the last time we used them.

Blackburn23

As beautiful as they are, I would say no. My recommendation, go to Caribbean Beach! White sand beaches, close to EPCOT, etc... If you want one right there on the lagoon, The Dolphin is a great choice as well.

HouCuseChickie

Ok- maybe I'm not the best person to ask on this -but I paid around that for some of the days when we stayed at YC around Thanksgiving in 2012. Of course, I did have something like 7 days of free dining tacked onto it since we checked in under a special before everything switched over to Thanksgiving rates. Still, it's a lot of $ and I really felt kind of robbed since we didn't have the best stay at YC. Swan and Dolphin are great options if you want to be in that area, but can't get a decent discounts for the days.

Glasgow

Its all relative isn't it? Some people pay thousands for a painting, some buy a new car every couple of year, some like to eat at expensive restaurants. If you like the place, go for it. Carpe diem

slappy magoo

Yeah... I'd definitely have to pass on that. :greedy: You could do better for a lot less money - Swan/Dolphin are great and still close to Epcot.
It certainly isn't a bank-buster like YC, but when it comes to Swan and Dolphin, bear in mind that a: they have a resort fee tacked on that's usually not reflected in the initial price and b: if you have a car they do charge for parking. So whatever your per-night rate is, tack on an extra $35, and of course tax. Per allears.net's FAQ on the Swan:

Is there a resort fee?

Yes, there is a mandatory resort services package. Effective October 1, 2013, It costs $20 per day plus tax and includes the following:

• In room High-Speed Internet Access
  • Unlimited local calls and DOMESTIC (US mainland) are now included.
  • Unlimited access to the Resort's health club facilities
  • 2 bottles of WDW Swan and Dolphin Resort water daily (provided in the room)
I heard there's a charge to park at the resort -- is this true?

Yes, the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin resorts charge for self-parking as well as valet parking. Self parking rate is $15 per day (plus tax) and Valet is $23 per day (plus tax). Additional charges may apply for resort guests who are not staying at the Swan and Dolphin. Some sitdown restaurants will validate parking so be sure to inquire.

draybook

The numbers being thrown around in this thread are about to give me an aneurysm. I feel sick to my stomach just thinking about the rack rate of POFQ.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom