Would you pay $226 for a souvenir?

Would you spend $226 on a single souvenir?

• Total voters

DisneyRoy

Easy purchase for me. I will buy one this trip. And the next trip and the next until I get to build one of each "type." And these are a drop in the bucket compared to other custom sabres you can buy online. Those can go for more than $500. So while a lot seem to think these are expensive...they really are not for Star Wars memorabilia. This experience will stay for the long haul as it will remain popular for a long time.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
It would depend on the souvenir.
Star Wars souvenir? No.
As for if it would be my only souvenir that too would depend.

Your post is geared towards one souvenir in particular and seems like you think that item is pretty pricey but think about the fact that there are other souvenirs just as expensive if not more such as the Disney D&B. Lots of people purchase those and I'd bet its not their only souvenir.

I've never spent more than $175 on a single souvenir and even that was something on the Disney website (it was a Disney parks item) vs at the parks while on vacation so it wasn't as much of a hurt on my wallet at the time of purchase.

Last edited:

DRC68

Yeah...if I'm dishing out that much for a lightsaber, it needs to cut through more than my wallet. Pretty sure I won't vanquish foes with the ones they're selling over the counter...

BrerWayne

Still wondering how many have bought that $37,500 Diamond Castle from Arribas Brothers...
4003193546_c39acbf100_z.jpg
I’ve purchased two. One for my home and one for my beach house in Malibu

RaveOnEd

Depends on what it is. A lightsaber? No, even if it's one of the custom ones. If it were some Disney limited artwork or a train set or limited train, then I would.

dreamfinder912

Does it count as a souvenir if you arent on vacation? You know how you can eat what you want "on vacation" but when you move 4 miles form Disney you gain a boatload of wait before realizing "you dip, you are not on vacation"

I don't have to worry about getting the sucker through airport security, and I can theme it around my D&D character...I'm 400% buying one. But is it a souvenir or just cool star wars thing i've been wanting to buy custom for years anyway?

Kamikaze

I don't have to worry about getting the sucker through airport security, and I can theme it around my D&D character...I'm 400% buying one. But is it a souvenir or just cool star wars thing i've been wanting to buy custom for years anyway?

Thats my biggest thing with getting one, actually. I'll have to hoof it out to the nearest UPS store (1.8 miles from DLR) and ship it. No way I'm carrying it and the blade on the plane. Plus any additional stuff we get. Much easier to just ship it. DLR does it, same as WDW, but DLR's shipping prices are very high.

Goofyernmost

OK, so is this a good time to ask how much would you or did you pay for Buzzy? 😉

To answer your question, I would have a hard time spending that much money to pay ransom for my children.

nolatron

A custom built lightsaber with metal components, has functionality, would be built by me in Disney and would look awesome in my office....

Of course

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom