Would you pay $226 for a souvenir?

Would you spend $226 on a single souvenir?

• Total voters

MGMBoy

Yep, I'm already planning on it and Ahsoka's sabers as well. I was surprised it was that "cheap"...for lack of a better word. I usually spend like $400 in the Art of Disney store in a single trip but that's usually for just one picture. I'm also the kind of nerd that dumps $500 in a Lego store and $700+ on a graphics card without even thinking about it. Let's see if I can beat my record from what would be the final season for Star Wars Weekends...

I'll pass on the "build a droid" experience just because they look cheap, personally. It looks like fun though.

Everyone has different likes and dislikes. I know people that spend their money on stuff that is wasteful in my eyes but it's their money, and if it makes them happy, let them do it. I'm sure they think the same of me :D

I REALLY like Ahsoka's legacy sabers. Look so sleek and sharp!

The_Jobu

That amount is way beyond my comfort zone. Though, as others have said, I might consider it if it were something limited with value, like art or such. But even then, I'd have to really fall in love with it to even consider that much money.

The Mighty Tim

I once paid a similar price for a NHL jersey on a recent trip to the States. But I wear my jersey. If I spent 226 USD on a lightsaber or a droid, it'll probably spend most of the time gathering dust on a shelf.

Kamikaze

So now that I've done it.

It was 100% worth it for the $200 + tax. My 'guest' that attended with me wished that he had done it as well, and it will be booked forever because the capacity is impossibly low. The CMs did an absolutely fantastic job. I will definitely be building the other 3 types.

bubbles1812

Yes! Though I’d never drop that for a lightsaber or droid. I waited years to be able to afford the Dooney & Burke purses/bags. I’ve now bought one of their products each of the last three trips plus some stuff online. 2017 bag is my favorite. Expensive purchases. I have no regrets. They weren’t my only purchases either but I try to moderate it with now buying the purses.

Everyone has that item! You just gotta decide where your price break point is.

eliza61nyc

Would I like to be able to spend that much on a souvenir, sure. Can I spend that much on a souvenir, no way.

lol, it's all relative. I see by your cap your a recent graduate. CONGRATULATIONS!!! I can't tell you how "beat down broke" I was after college, well really all of my 20's ;)
Disposable income was not in my vocabulary. next came the usual stuff, kids, traveling sports, rent/mortgage, life. Souvenirs then were pretty much a tee shirt, coffee mugs or a refrigerator magnet.

Now firmly in AARP territory kids are grown and no more college tuition, don't buy a lot of stuff because you've accumulated pretty much every thing you need. Income is a lot more flexible.

like the song says " for every thing there is a season". you'll get there.

Thingamabob

lol, it's all relative. I see by your cap your a recent graduate. CONGRATULATIONS!!! I can't tell you how "beat down broke" I was after college, well really all of my 20's ;)
Disposable income was not in my vocabulary. next came the usual stuff, kids, traveling sports, rent/mortgage, life. Souvenirs then were pretty much a tee shirt, coffee mugs or a refrigerator magnet.

Now firmly in AARP territory kids are grown and no more college tuition, don't buy a lot of stuff because you've accumulated pretty much every thing you need. Income is a lot more flexible.

like the song says " for every thing there is a season". you'll get there.
I am actually a high school graduate. Thank You sooooo much. Yes I am broke all the time. I will be starting college in the Fall to become a Dental Hygienist. I do like purchasing the tee shirts and other knick knacks at WDW and someday may be able to splurge on a huge purchase.

KikoKea

DH bought me a ring in TDL for our 35th anniversary for about half the price of the light saber. To me, for the memories, it is worth every penny. But, right off, I cannot think of any souvenir I'd pay $226 for. I'll keep looking, though...D&B has some very cute purses.;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom