Would you have rather had a different expansion than FLE?

Would you have wanted a different expansion?

• No I am fine with FLE.

Votes: 37 27.0%
  • Beastly Kingdom

Votes: 54 39.4%
  • Advetureland expansion (Indy plot and other AL plot)

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • Mysterious Island (DAK or MK)

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • World Showcase expansion

Votes: 9 6.6%
  • Discovery Bay.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Pixar Studio expansion

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%

• Total voters

rkelly42

This is one of the toughest polls yet, I stayed with the FLE just because FL really needs some love. I am not saying other areas do not because I would really love to see Beastly Kingdom or a new country added to WS, but I am excited to see FLE all finished.

_Scar

I voted BK, and MI would be my second choice. Other than those two, I feel FLE is better than the rest of the options and I'm happy FLand is finally getting some attention.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
It's great that the FLE is happening, but I think that DAK or DHS should have gotten an expansion, or at least the money that went to the FLE expansion. Neither park is as strong as MK.

Vince3

I voted for Pixar .DHS just needs to add more.Just my opinion,DHS just lacks ...something.Can't put my finger on it exactly though. :shrug:

trr1

FLE.
Beastly Kingdom
Advetureland expansion (Indy plot and other AL plot)
Mysterious Island (DAK or MK)
World Showcase expansion
Discovery Bay.
Pixar Studio expansion

I am being greedy here
how about all of the above!!

miles1

I'm sure the FLE expansion will be great, particularly for those with little kids, and I'm sure Disney felt they had to do something "new" and "big" to counter the hubbub about Harry Potter land.

With that said, I'd much rather see some attention to the older attractions and unused spaces like WOL, Imagination, The Backlot Tour, and Space Mountain (a serious revamp) before any more expansion. The problem for Disney is that none of these would steal headlines from Harry Potter. So I guess we'll keep seeing more "Big and New" while existing attractions fall into disrepair and eventual disuse.

imagineer boy

I think FL needed the expansion the most, but I'm just not terribly happy with what its getting.

For what its woth it will be nice looking and will help space out the crowds. But FL needs rides, not meet and greets.

protiius

Ha! How did I know that BK would be winning this poll before I even clicked on it.

Yup, BK is the best idea that I've heard from TDO for a looong time. That being said, the FLE isn't aimed at me so it's no surprise that I'm not fussed about it. The fact is the FLE is aimed at young kids (predominantly girls) who will bring their parents (and more importantly their parents' wallets) with them. So in reality, it's probably the better move fiscally.

MUTZIE77

Beastlie Kingdom! The turnstiles at MK would be spinning even if no expansion was announced. DAK needs an expansion soooooo badly. I would love to be able to spend an entire day at AK. I know there are plenty of things to see there, but the nature trails are not what brings people to the park. Either each land needs a new attraction, or an expansion needs to occur. Maybe if DAK gets an expansion, they will be able to close a certain attraction and Fubar will get fixed.

GenerationX

Unfortunately, the poll did not include a monorail expansion. With the money spent on FLE, we could have had the Epcot monorail line extended to the Beach Club ... maybe even the Yacht Club!

Mother

Beastlie Kingdom! The turnstiles at MK would be spinning even if no expansion was announced. DAK needs an expansion soooooo badly. I would love to be able to spend an entire day at AK. I know there are plenty of things to see there, but the nature trails are not what brings people to the park. Either each land needs a new attraction, or an expansion needs to occur. Maybe if DAK gets an expansion, they will be able to close a certain attraction and Fubar will get fixed.

Just thought I'd echo this post - 3 trips since AK opened, and it's always been a half-day at best. The stuff that's there is indeed great, but another large area to see would really make it a full-day attraction.

Horizons1

A Fantasyland expansion is a great thing. HOWEVER, the way ours is being done is not. Meet and Greets are NOT attractions. They will never be attractions. They are where you meet people in costumes pretending to be Disney characters. This expansion should have had more rides. Take a look at Disneyland's or DLP's Fantasyland. Our expansion should have attempted to recreate, and possibly surpass, those amazing Fantasyland's. But instead, we are getting TWO Dumbo's, a rethemed Barnstormer, and a Little Mermaid attraction. The rest will be M&G, which is a big let-down.

That aside, I voted for an Adventureland expansion. Our Adventureland is so small. You blink and you're through the land.

Krack

I don't have any problem with expanding Fantasyland, but adding one ride and a handful of meet & greets for girls is a great way to waste a lot of time and money, imo. Add six or seven B-ticket dark rides, instead, and you would have sold me on the expansion.

Of course, if I had the ability to spend the money on anything, it would be about 8 Fantasyland-style dark rides (6 in Animal Kingdom and 2 in DHS). Dark rides eat people. And I can easily come up with 6 "let's start a Beastly Kingdom" films - Mr. Toad, Lion King, Hercules, Pinocchio (huge Monstro entrance), Beauty and the Beast, Roger Rabbit, Lilo and Stich, Robin Hood, maybe Pete's Dragon (you could move the Aladdin spinner there too to get it out of Adventureland) - for AK and 2 - The Nightmare Before Christmas and Enchanted - for DHS.

Meet and Greets inside the parks are wastes of resources (space). When they make me head of Parks, I'm moving all the meet and greets and character meals to Downtown Disney - there's nothing else to do there anyway now that PI is gone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom