Would you have rather had a different expansion than FLE?

Would you have wanted a different expansion?

• No I am fine with FLE.

Votes: 37 27.0%
  • Beastly Kingdom

Votes: 54 39.4%
  • Advetureland expansion (Indy plot and other AL plot)

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • Mysterious Island (DAK or MK)

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • World Showcase expansion

Votes: 9 6.6%
  • Discovery Bay.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Pixar Studio expansion

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%

• Total voters

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
I don't know...

...what Mysterious island is supposed to entail...but I like it, it sounds....
mysterious :lookaroun that's how i voted.

If it was up to me...I have to say FL would have been on the VERY bottom of my list of expansions.

I'm sure it's a demographic thing and that fantasyland demographic is where dinner hangs for Disney...I'm just not feeling it.

dweezil78

Ah, I remember the days where you could find characters EVERYWHERE and you wouldn't have to wait in a long line like a ride just to take your picture with one. Good times...

To me, the FLE is SAFE. There's no risk there, at all. Another example of Disney being content to merely continue coasting along -- offering guests something 'new' but not at all groundbreaking. While just down the street, their competition is preparing to turn the theme park industry on its head with a completely unique and innovative experience. When I'm in Orlando for my annual family visit I will be more than happy to give Universal my money this year instead!

Thankfully, out here in Anaheim, they at least seem to be trying a little bit harder over at DCA -- although even with that said, the most impressive new addition will be the World of Color show while the new major rides are the one you're getting in the FLE and what appears to be a skinned, updated version of Test Track, which itself is now over a decade old(!!). The rest of the changes look great, but at the end of the day are simply cosmetic and should have been there since day 1.

protiius

...what Mysterious island is supposed to entail...but I like it, it sounds....
mysterious :lookaroun that's how i voted.

gallery007.jpg

JimboJones123

Why is Beastly Kingdom the no-brainer that they have not had the brains to pull the trigger on.

1) Just as if not more marketable than HP. A slow unfolding would allow it to be used as the center of campaigns for 3-4 YEARS!

2) Adds an average of 10,000 people capacity and demand for the park.

3) Would make park a full day park.

4) TONS of untapped merchandise potential for a destination whose merchandise is really starting to turn stale.

5) Would elevate the park to the level of Epcot and MK. DHS would be the only park needing expansion for the next decade.

6) Many guests simply avoid this park right now or only spend 1/2 day there. I would love to see the day when this park is worth multiple visits.

the-reason14

I'm just happy they're doing something. I probably would have preferred more rides, but in all I cant see it as a bad thing because its not like they're taking anything away. Even with the new FL, I still think it wont be as good as the one in DL. It may look better, yes, but DL having more rides makes it better IMO.

Dinoman96

Why is Beastly Kingdom the no-brainer that they have not had the brains to pull the trigger on.

1) Just as if not more marketable than HP. A slow unfolding would allow it to be used as the center of campaigns for 3-4 YEARS!

2) Adds an average of 10,000 people capacity and demand for the park.

3) Would make park a full day park.

4) TONS of untapped merchandise potential for a destination whose merchandise is really starting to turn stale.

5) Would elevate the park to the level of Epcot and MK. DHS would be the only park needing expansion for the next decade.

6) Many guests simply avoid this park right now or only spend 1/2 day there. I would love to see the day when this park is worth multiple visits.

There's also 7). A truly original land other then Fantasia Gardens. AK needs more originality, like EE.

Lee

Adventurer
Would I have rather had a different expansion?
Good lord yes.

I chose BK on the list, but pretty much any of the choices would be better than Meet and Greet Land.:rolleyes:

the-reason14

Or "Very pretty but one new ride land". :rolleyes:

I agree, thats why I think DL's fantasyland will still be better. But I'm just glad they're expanding something. So to all the whiners saying how "stale" WDW has become, can now try to find some new fuel to add to that statement.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom