Would you go without your spouse?

Tinkerbell 8

My Aunt and Uncle just told me they are taking my little cousin to Disney, and they are leaving Saturday for a week and they invited me to come along. Now, my husband has no more vacation time left so he wouldn't be able to go, but I only work part time so I can take time off whenever I want. Here's my question, would you go with some of your family if you sig. other/spouse couldn't go? I'm the huge Disney fan, he just goes to Disney because I make him so I don't think he would be jealous. We also just got married about 2 months ago, so is it too soon to go away without him? (we have been together for 4 years). Any advice would be great seeing as they leave Saturday so I'd have to figure this out ASAP.

WDWmazprty

Right, thats if my wife REALLY didn't care; which in my case she would be totally jealous!:ROFLOL:

But, if she was like- 'yeah, just go; I have more time for me to relax at home.' I'd be gone! :D

Upvote 0

captainkidd

I would, and I do. I have more vacation time than my wife. I go every year either by myself or with some friends. Of course, we take her 2 weeks vacation in Disney every year as well, so she's not missing out on anything.

Upvote 0

mickeysshoes

Its give and take...put the shoe on the other foot. Would you be OK if he had the chance to go somewhere and you cound not go along?? I would talk it over and see how he feels. But if my DH was OK with I would go in a heartbeat!!!! SEE YA!!!! :lol:

Upvote 0

djpoore94

I have and so has DH. He went for a few days to relax after he finally finished his college degree and I went for a few days during F&W to see a couple of the concerts. Obviously every marriage is different, but if he is ok with it, I say go for it.

Upvote 0

bgraham34

I am going without my wife this weekend. Granted I need to work one day but the other two I will chill at the park. My wife will also be away with her mom so it works out.

Upvote 0

disney magic 06

I've only been to WDW once with my spouse, in 1992! He quite liked it but has no desire to go again, in fact he doesn't like going on holiday at all nowadays. Luckily for me, he has no problem staying at home cat-sitting while I get the entire holiday budget :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Tinkerbell 8

Original Poster
Thanks for all the responses!!! I think that since I will be with family, it would be a nice change of pace. My cousin is 9, so it would be nice to be in Disney with a child and since my aunt and uncle don't really do rides besides IASM, and POTC, my cousin would have someone to go on other rides with. I'll let you all know what I finally decide on doing!

Upvote 0

powlessfamily4

Yes and I did.... on Thanksgiving Day! We had planned the trip and then my husband lost his job. He was hired onto another company shortly afterward, however he could not take the time off. That left my kids and I go to go it alone and we did. We missed him but still had a great time!!

Upvote 0

harryk

Would not even consider it. I'd stay with my spouse that is why I married her.
Without her along - it would be no fun.....even at WDW which she absolutely looks forward to returning to from the end of each trip.

Upvote 0

wilkeliza

Seeing as he is in Vegas right now and I couldn't afford to go (aren't married but 1.5 years dating) I would easily go to Disney on a girls only trip with out him.

Upvote 0

Cape Breton Grl

Heading to the "World" in 2 weeks without my husband...it's just me, my 2 two kids and my sister....this will be my first trip anywhere without my husband....mind you he will be heading to New Orleans the end of Sept. with the boys...

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom