• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Would you give up Happily Ever After for a light Parade?

yensidtlaw1969

Is this true? We were planning on heading back out there soon. I did not know this was happening, and they should be embarrassed. Nightly fireworks are part of what makes it special. They just keep taking more and more and more away. It's awful.
Disneyland is different in this regard because of how tightly integrated it is into the city of Anaheim. They have to comply with more than their desire to show fireworks every night in order for the city to function.

It's not like fireworks are a rarity in DL, but it's true that they're not every single night.

thomas998

Advertisement
Is this true? We were planning on heading back out there soon. I did not know this was happening, and they should be embarrassed. Nightly fireworks are part of what makes it special. They just keep taking more and more and more away. It's awful.
Has certainly been the case when we've hit DL instead of WDW the past few years. We generally did DL in the fall so we could see the Halloween party and it always had fireworks.... but on other nights they would sometimes be completely free of any fireworks. I understand that in the future they are supposed to do a new light show called Mickey Mix Magic every night during peak parts of the season but it is only going to include fireworks on weekends. So if you want fireworks at DL you might want to make sure to check their schedule to verify you won't be disappointed.

thomas998

Disneyland is different in this regard because of how tightly integrated it is into the city of Anaheim. They have to comply with more than their desire to show fireworks every night in order for the city to function.

It's not like fireworks are a rarity in DL, but it's true that they're not every single night.
Not so sure its all because of Anaheim and not just because they are trying to save money. When I was a kid and we went to DL they always had fireworks or we were just lucky that they always did when we were there. I have a feeling it has more to do with them thinking that during parts of the week when crowds tend to be the lowest they feel they can just cheapen things. It wouldn't surprise me if they believed that they could just placate guests with the boring World of Color water show on nights when you couldn't get fireworks as for some reason it seems to still be very popular though I have no clue why, it was mildly entertaining the first time we saw it but after that it is really kind of boring.

Lands of Wonder

Original Poster
Remember when there was a daytime parade at 3 parks (MK, DHS, AK) plus 3 different regular nighttime shows (MK, Epcot, DHS)? Ah, the good ol' days of 2010... ;) (I'm just spitballin' the year, BTW)
2010 was a very hopeful year and they Disney Parks future was so promising and bright. We were introduced a refreshed and refurbished Electrical Parade and while amazed by only imagining what Spectromagic was going to look like in the fall. I feel like something happened between Summer 2010 and 2012 with Disney World in general.

HauntedPirate

Premium Member
2010 was a very hopeful year and they Disney Parks future was so promising and bright. We were introduced a refreshed and refurbished Electrical Parade and while amazed by only imagining what Spectromagic was going to look like in the fall. I feel like something happened between Summer 2010 and 2012 with Disney World in general.
From the high of thinking SpectroMagic was returning to the low when we found out why it wouldn't...

Others know better what/who happened. I'll let them comment further.

mnelson3

Well Technically, WDW Could still bring back “SpectroMagic”.... about 10 years later lol. To my knowledge anyway, Disney never did officially confirmed to the public SpectroMagic was gone forever. They could claim it was on a long hiatus and being “Spruced up” for the 50th Anniversary... in reality rebuilt lol.

thomas998

Well Technically, WDW Could still bring back “SpectroMagic”.... about 10 years later lol. To my knowledge anyway, Disney never did officially confirmed to the public SpectroMagic was gone forever. They could claim it was on a long hiatus and being “Spruced up” for the 50th Anniversary... in reality rebuilt lol.
Given Disney's preference to try and substitute lasers and drones for fireworks along with night parades that seem lacking of lights but excessive with flat panel displays... I'm not sure I would enjoy any rebuilt SpectroMagic it would probably be a massive disappointment like the god awful Paint the Night Parade that was supposed to be a successor to the Mainstreet Electric parade.

mnelson3

Given Disney's preference to try and substitute lasers and drones for fireworks along with night parades that seem lacking of lights but excessive with flat panel displays... I'm not sure I would enjoy any rebuilt SpectroMagic it would probably be a massive disappointment like the god awful Paint the Night Parade that was supposed to be a successor to the Mainstreet Electric parade.
I have a feeling the Paint The Night route is a big possibility, WDWs own version of it. They know how popular and successful it is out West. My other bet is them bringing some of the Dreamlights floats over from Tokyo and mixing them in with new floats like they did with Festival of Fantasy.

Lands of Wonder

Original Poster
Whether demolished or not I think they were holding out for the hype of a whole new attraction without having to make an entirely new attraction. At least at the time. I think they wanted to give everyone some time to forget about it.

mnelson3

Whether demolished or not I think they were holding out for the hype of a whole new attraction without having to make an entirely new attraction. At least at the time. I think they wanted to give everyone some time to forget about it.
Lol if they actually thought WDW die hards were going to forget about MKs very own nighttime parade lol then they don’t know us at all! In addition we all knew what they have been holding out for ever since MSEP left... Their 50th budget.

Lands of Wonder

Original Poster
Lol if they actually thought WDW die hards were going to forget about MKs very own nighttime parade lol then they don’t know us at all! In addition we all knew what they have been holding out for ever since MSEP left... Their 50th budget.
Spectromagic and MSEP both are bulletproof, many shows have come and gone and they can't seem to get rid of them. MSEP is like Teflon tape and rumored to once again replace Paint the Night. Disney World according to some cast members was suposed to have their own version 2 years ago now, I have a feeling it's not holding up to the classics or the fans like it was intended to.

mnelson3

Spectromagic and MSEP both are bulletproof, many shows have come and gone and they can't seem to get rid of them. MSEP is like Teflon tape and rumored to once again replace Paint the Night. Disney World according to some cast members was suposed to have their own version 2 years ago now, I have a feeling it's not holding up to the classics or the fans like it was intended to.
Yeah rumor has it PTN is sitting next to MSEP backstage. Apparently MSEP is still mostly intact. I think it’s safe to assume neither will go back to DL due to Star Wars land, but DCA will need some pull this summer. WoC should do that but question is will they feel the need to have a parade in addition. I know that was the plan last year.

mnelson3

Paint the Night, please come to MK
Not going to happen. First off it’s been said my every insider that it’s never coming to WDW. Secondly, if WDW wanted to borrow MSEP again or PTN it would have happened already. It’s been clear WDW has no desire to have a nighttime parade until they absolutely have to, which hopefully is no longer than the 2021.

Top Bottom