Would you give up Happily Ever After for a light Parade?

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
Remember when there was a daytime parade at 3 parks (MK, DHS, AK) plus 3 different regular nighttime shows (MK, Epcot, DHS)? Ah, the good ol' days of 2010... ;) (I'm just spitballin' the year, BTW)
2010 was a very hopeful year and they Disney Parks future was so promising and bright. We were introduced a refreshed and refurbished Electrical Parade and while amazed by only imagining what Spectromagic was going to look like in the fall. I feel like something happened between Summer 2010 and 2012 with Disney World in general.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
2010 was a very hopeful year and they Disney Parks future was so promising and bright. We were introduced a refreshed and refurbished Electrical Parade and while amazed by only imagining what Spectromagic was going to look like in the fall. I feel like something happened between Summer 2010 and 2012 with Disney World in general.

From the high of thinking SpectroMagic was returning to the low when we found out why it wouldn't...

Others know better what/who happened. I'll let them comment further.

TTA94

Well Technically, WDW Could still bring back “SpectroMagic”.... about 10 years later lol. To my knowledge anyway, Disney never did officially confirmed to the public SpectroMagic was gone forever. They could claim it was on a long hiatus and being “Spruced up” for the 50th Anniversary... in reality rebuilt lol.

thomas998

Well Technically, WDW Could still bring back “SpectroMagic”.... about 10 years later lol. To my knowledge anyway, Disney never did officially confirmed to the public SpectroMagic was gone forever. They could claim it was on a long hiatus and being “Spruced up” for the 50th Anniversary... in reality rebuilt lol.
Given Disney's preference to try and substitute lasers and drones for fireworks along with night parades that seem lacking of lights but excessive with flat panel displays... I'm not sure I would enjoy any rebuilt SpectroMagic it would probably be a massive disappointment like the god awful Paint the Night Parade that was supposed to be a successor to the Mainstreet Electric parade.

TTA94

Given Disney's preference to try and substitute lasers and drones for fireworks along with night parades that seem lacking of lights but excessive with flat panel displays... I'm not sure I would enjoy any rebuilt SpectroMagic it would probably be a massive disappointment like the god awful Paint the Night Parade that was supposed to be a successor to the Mainstreet Electric parade.

I have a feeling the Paint The Night route is a big possibility, WDWs own version of it. They know how popular and successful it is out West. My other bet is them bringing some of the Dreamlights floats over from Tokyo and mixing them in with new floats like they did with Festival of Fantasy.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
Whether demolished or not I think they were holding out for the hype of a whole new attraction without having to make an entirely new attraction. At least at the time. I think they wanted to give everyone some time to forget about it.

TTA94

Whether demolished or not I think they were holding out for the hype of a whole new attraction without having to make an entirely new attraction. At least at the time. I think they wanted to give everyone some time to forget about it.

Lol if they actually thought WDW die hards were going to forget about MKs very own nighttime parade lol then they don’t know us at all! In addition we all knew what they have been holding out for ever since MSEP left... Their 50th budget.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
Lol if they actually thought WDW die hards were going to forget about MKs very own nighttime parade lol then they don’t know us at all! In addition we all knew what they have been holding out for ever since MSEP left... Their 50th budget.
Spectromagic and MSEP both are bulletproof, many shows have come and gone and they can't seem to get rid of them. MSEP is like Teflon tape and rumored to once again replace Paint the Night. Disney World according to some cast members was suposed to have their own version 2 years ago now, I have a feeling it's not holding up to the classics or the fans like it was intended to.

TTA94

Spectromagic and MSEP both are bulletproof, many shows have come and gone and they can't seem to get rid of them. MSEP is like Teflon tape and rumored to once again replace Paint the Night. Disney World according to some cast members was suposed to have their own version 2 years ago now, I have a feeling it's not holding up to the classics or the fans like it was intended to.

Yeah rumor has it PTN is sitting next to MSEP backstage. Apparently MSEP is still mostly intact. I think it’s safe to assume neither will go back to DL due to Star Wars land, but DCA will need some pull this summer. WoC should do that but question is will they feel the need to have a parade in addition. I know that was the plan last year.

TTA94

Paint the Night, please come to MK

Not going to happen. First off it’s been said my every insider that it’s never coming to WDW. Secondly, if WDW wanted to borrow MSEP again or PTN it would have happened already. It’s been clear WDW has no desire to have a nighttime parade until they absolutely have to, which hopefully is no longer than the 2021.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom