Would you be weirded out if...

the1nonlysinger

another guest asked you to be in their memory video?

Here's the background to my question:
DH & I just reached double digits on our countdown. We're going as a celebration of our 5th wedding anniversary & my 30th birthday. Slowly brainstorming creative ideas to make our trip extra magical.

Most recent idea: Asking fellow guests who are also wearing Anniversary buttons to share their favorite marriage advice. I'd like to tape them with my camera and then compile them together after our trip for a cute little video.

Now hear me out, I'm not planning to spend my whole vacation stalking down other people. But just if we're waiting in line and strike up a conversation, or sitting next to a couple in a restaurant, that sort of thing. Instances where we're already just waiting- where it would be a welcomed distraction.

I've thought about having a business card that people can email if they want to see the finished product... But I'm well aware that some people may not like the idea of being filmed or having it posted online.

Has anyone ever done something like this before? How did it turn out? Any (friendly) suggestions?

Britt

Yeh, My first wife was Snow White but she wouldn't bite my apple,then I married Cinderella but she couldn't dance in those silly glass slippers,then I hitched up with Belle but she divorced me saying I was a beast.Then I got married to Aerial but she bought a waterbed and we drifted apart.Now Iam married to Jasmine and its true love at last,our carpet is still flying high.;)
Jasmines always been my favorite!! Hahaha

Upvote 0

kimberlymautz

Sandy is hitting HARD! I live right outside of Philadelphia and my neighbor's tree has already fallen (luckily it didn't hit anything). My Pop Pop was evacuated from Cape May, NJ and there are videos of people riding boats through the streets of his neighborhood because there is no other way to get out! OH! And did I mention the storm is still almost 200 miles away?! Yep. This is BAD. Stay safe everyone!

Upvote 0

real mad hatter

Sandy is hitting HARD! I live right outside of Philadelphia and my neighbor's tree has already fallen (luckily it didn't hit anything). My Pop Pop was evacuated from Cape May, NJ and there are videos of people riding boats through the streets of his neighborhood because there is no other way to get out! OH! And did I mention the storm is still almost 200 miles away?! Yep. This is BAD. Stay safe everyone!
Fingers crossed for you. Keep yer heid doon.

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
another guest asked you to be in their memory video?

Here's the background to my question:
DH & I just reached double digits on our countdown. We're going as a celebration of our 5th wedding anniversary & my 30th birthday. Slowly brainstorming creative ideas to make our trip extra magical.

Most recent idea: Asking fellow guests who are also wearing Anniversary buttons to share their favorite marriage advice. I'd like to tape them with my camera and then compile them together after our trip for a cute little video.

Now hear me out, I'm not planning to spend my whole vacation stalking down other people. But just if we're waiting in line and strike up a conversation, or sitting next to a couple in a restaurant, that sort of thing. Instances where we're already just waiting- where it would be a welcomed distraction.

I've thought about having a business card that people can email if they want to see the finished product... But I'm well aware that some people may not like the idea of being filmed or having it posted online.

Has anyone ever done something like this before? How did it turn out? Any (friendly) suggestions?

I haven't but no, I wouldn't be freaked out. Especially if you had some sort of card and explained what you were doing. I think its cute. A good memory!

Upvote 0

luv

I think it is weird. I wouldn't be in the video. I wouldn't give you marriage advice. I'd encourage you to leave me alone.

I have a friend who will talk to anyone...and does, all the time. I'll have to ask her if she'd let strangers tape her, lol.

Upvote 0
I get creeped out just by thinking how many family's vacation photos I'm in the background of, much less sharing information like that on camera for someone to take home with them. I love talking to other guests in line and swapping Disney trivia or advice, but we mostly only talk about our vacations or where we're from. I wouldn't really be cool with another guest asking me to be on camera. Not that asking for marital advice is a bad idea, but it would seem strange to me that another person would bring it up in line for Kilimanjaro Safaris. But that's just me.

Upvote 0

the1nonlysinger

Original Poster
Hi everybody! I can't believe this thread is still going- I really never thought so many people WOULD be weirded out... I just used the subject line hoping it would encourage more people to read & respond!

I feel like I need to throw this into the conversation-- we don't NEED anyone's advice about marriage. My hubby and I are very happily married- and have what I consider a very successful marriage. The idea of doing this project was just simply a way to meet & enjoy conversations with more people, and have a wonderful memento to bring home with us of all of those interactions.

For those of you jumping into the conversation later in the thread- we've established that the current state of society doesn't really lend itself to video (see earlier posts if you want to see why). So I've pretty much decided that a video isn't the route to go. Please know that I would never intentionally do something to make other people feel uncomfortable. But I AM still open to suggestions of other ideas to make the time spent waiting more special (waiting in line for a ride, for a parade or show).

We really love interacting with other guests- but to be honest, the whole "where are you from" & "what's the weather like there" gets pretty old by the end of the trip. Having something else to talk about, would be nice for a change!

I also want to mention that our last trip to WDW had a major lack of magic, so I really am just trying to insure a little extra magic for this trip, rather than hoping someone else provides it for us.

Upvote 0

KappleB2

I'm not married so would not be invited to join your video but i think its a cute idea! You wouldn't just be running up to people and doing this. I know when I am there I am happy to talk to any and everybody really. ( I get that from my mom who I often have to literally PULL away from people to go do things :) ) I say it doesn't hurt to ask them. It would be an awesome thing to have and a great memory!

Upvote 0

kimberlymautz

What if you brought cute little cards that people could write their first names on, how long they've been together, some good advice/thoughts, and maybe even add something funny? Eh, it's the best I've got. Haha.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom