Would someone fill me in please?

Spike-in-Berlin

Not to be rude.. but I'm politely going to decline this statement. Completely. Brazilians and Americans are strung differently. You can't compare two entirely different cultures and compare one to the other- it just doesn't make sense. In Brazil, it's tolerable to act how Brazilians act. And in the United States? It's tolerable to act how Americans act. They might be the ones who find it okay to be loud and somewhat obnoxious in WDW, but at least they're not the ones suing Disney when their child falls and scrapes his knee. :lookaroun

Ever heard about showing respect to the customs and traditions of the country you are visiting? Being a tourist is NO excuse what so ever for behaving rude, respectless and annoying. Women who believe they can go sunbathing topless at a North African beach along the Mediterranean Sea learn this rule the hard way. So actually it is quite the opposite. They cannot say, "hey at home we all behave like spoiled, obnoxious brats, so here we can too". They are in the US and not in Brazil and in the US they have to behave in a way that shows respect to the hosts customs, NOT their own.
And the American couple, that sues Disney may be behaving obnoxious too, but it's their own business because they are at least not damaging or spoiling MY Disney vacation experience!

rustysgirl

Ever heard about showing respect to the customs and traditions of the country you are visiting? Being a tourist is NO excuse what so ever for behaving rude, respectless and annoying. Women who believe they can go sunbathing topless at a North African beach along the Mediterranean Sea learn this rule the hard way. So actually it is quite the opposite. They cannot say, "hey at home we all behave like spoiled, obnoxious brats, so here we can too". They are in the US and not in Brazil and in the US they have to behave in a way that shows respect to the hosts customs, NOT their own.
And the American couple, that sues Disney may be behaving obnoxious too, but it's their own business because they are at least not damaging or spoiling MY Disney vacation experience!

:sohappy: well said! i completely agree!

we have gone to wdw in may and have not encountered the brazilian tour groups. we went on our honeymoon in october and they were there in huge masses. i feel like most of our encounters with them were in hollywood studios. they do cut lines which is annoying and at times it is difficult easpecially near the tower of terror, to navigate around them because their groups are so large.

Silver Figment

I think eveybody is on the same page that these groups should just be avoided if possible. If avoidence isn't possible then be a little cautios around them, they have no manors.

Lucille

We've gone twice in January. The first time we didn't notice any tour groups so we must have gotten lucky.

But last time we were not so lucky. Most of them were super annoying. I was especially annoyed waiting in a line to get a fast pass and then realizing the lady in front of me was a fast pass runner for a tour group. She literally had at least 50 passes she was feeding into the machine. It was taking forever. So frustrating.

In general, I just found a lot of them to be rude and loud.

I've noticed that a lot of people from other countries don't seem to understand the concept of a queue.

Question to people more knowledgeable than me.....

Would early February (BEFORE President's Day) be any better than late January in regards to tour groups? (Also...when do the annoying cheerleading groups show up in the parks?)

thewhitequeen

We've gone twice in January. The first time we didn't notice any tour groups so we must have gotten lucky.

But last time we were not so lucky. Most of them were super annoying. I was especially annoyed waiting in a line to get a fast pass and then realizing the lady in front of me was a fast pass runner for a tour group. She literally had at least 50 passes she was feeding into the machine. It was taking forever. So frustrating.

I've noticed that a lot of people from other countries don't seem to understand the concept of a queue.

Would early February (BEFORE President's Day) be any better than late January in regards to tour groups? (Also...when do the annoying cheerleading groups show up in the parks?)

:eek: I'm going to have to warn DH of this because he has ZERO zolerance for rude people. I'm hoping we're going to miss this bunch of Brazilians leaving on the 3rd though.

Anyone know when they actually arrive?

wayneway

One time I was waiting for Illuminations and a group of about twenty tourist stopped right behind me. (won't say where from, but you can probably guess) They decided that it was a good time to do about ten minutes of loud cheers from about ten feet behind me. Disney should enact some kind of "respect for other guest" policy and enforce it. If I only would have had a super soaker....:wave:

Moving Forward

They also talked through evey single pre-show, which is particularly annoying especially on a ride like Tower of Terror. They also took up about 90% of the Fantasmic! seating at BOTH showings! Hahaha, nothing to really do about that, but I felt bad for anyone who didn't get to see it.

That would be so cool to sit with them at an amphitheater like that with them chanting and singing, it would be like you were transported to the Estádio do Maracanã! That is a dream of mine. Too bad Epcot doesn't have a Brasilian pavilion.

Moving Forward

As long as they are not blowing vuvzelas I'm good :wave: I think this is more of a cultural issue, and I as an American know full well that most of Europe and the world think Americans are obnoxious and ill-mannered. I do not think it is fair to be painted with a broad brush by foreigners when an American acts obnoxiously in a foreign country. I don't think it is fair to paint Brazlian tour groups and teenagers with a broad brush either. I absolutly love that country and it's people. They are very passionate about life and especially football. A PP said that one tour group guide was responsible for 125 teenagers. All I can think of is poor tour guide, what a Sisyphean task to undertake :ROFLOL:

Just a heads up, patterns of Brazilian tourists might change during the summer of 2014, and if Brasil happens to win the Cup for a sixth time, well Brazilian tour groups might be a bit louder. :ROFLOL:

This is not a BTG problem, this is a Disney problem. If a person cuts in line then Disney has the authority to kick the guest out of the park. Disney needs to enforce their own rules.

graphite1326

We just went the first week of Feb. Sorry to give you the bad news. The place was full of tour groups.

Lucille

We just went the first week of Feb. Sorry to give you the bad news. The place was full of tour groups.

Can you elaborate a bit so I can have a better idea? Did you see them at every ride/park you went to? Were they singing/chanting in the bathrooms? Clogging up the fast pass machine areas?

What resort were you at and did you see them there?

Thanks for the info.

graphite1326

Can you elaborate a bit so I can have a better idea? Did you see them at every ride/park you went to? Were they singing/chanting in the bathrooms? Clogging up the fast pass machine areas?

What resort were you at and did you see them there?

Thanks for the info.

They seemed to be at every park. There were more than a couple tour groups (more like 5-6 different groups) and I would say about 50 per group. No singing or chanting though. I avoided them the best I could. The only problems I had is when we got onto wone ride right after a tour group went through and it seems to clog up the line. Kinda a domino effect it slows everything down. And at the resort (POP) they were quite loud. We were on the back side of the building of the pool and we could hear them yelling a screaming and then the door slamming into late hours of the night. When we saw a group we went in another direction.

stratman50th

Original Poster
As long as they are not blowing vuvzelas I'm good :wave: I think this is more of a cultural issue, and I as an American know full well that most of Europe and the world think Americans are obnoxious and ill-mannered.
Maybe, but in groups of 100 or more?

I do not think it is fair to be painted with a broad brush by foreigners when an American acts obnoxiously in a foreign country. I don't think it is fair to paint Brazlian tour groups and teenagers with a broad brush either.
There's quite a few pages of individual posts that say different I'm afraid, and I asked the question because I had heard about them before, and I haven't encountered them yet. There seem to be a lot of experiences that are the same. Too much so to call it a coincidence?

I absolutly love that country and it's people. They are very passionate about life and especially football.
I'm very glad you are fond of the country and it's people, however that doesn't change the behavior of the groups at Disney. This isn't a football game. If it was, the behavior might be excused.

This is not a BTG problem, this is a Disney problem. If a person cuts in line then Disney has the authority to kick the guest out of the park. Disney needs to enforce their own rules.
This statement I agree with 100%

Lucille

They seemed to be at every park. There were more than a couple tour groups (more like 5-6 different groups) and I would say about 50 per group. No singing or chanting though. I avoided them the best I could. The only problems I had is when we got onto wone ride right after a tour group went through and it seems to clog up the line. Kinda a domino effect it slows everything down. And at the resort (POP) they were quite loud. We were on the back side of the building of the pool and we could hear them yelling a screaming and then the door slamming into late hours of the night. When we saw a group we went in another direction.

I wonder if maybe these groups were from other countries, perhaps. I've heard a lot of groups from Argentina are in the parks in January-February. Maybe they aren't as obnoxious. Because that doesn't sound too bad compared to people we encountered last year. (Other than the hotel part. We didn't see anyone from tour groups at our hotel, also Pop Century.)

Lucille

Door slamming late at night....are we talking 7pm? 9pm? Midnight? 2am?

SleepingMonk

I've seen more rude behavior from slovenly Americans than I ever have from any foreign tour group.

Just chant and sing along with them!

Braaaaazil, Brazil, Braaaaazil.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom