Worst Walt Disney World Attraction

In your opinion, what is the worst Walt Disney World Attraction?

• Journey Into Imagination

Votes: 63 15.1%
  • Mission:Space

Votes: 24 5.8%
  • Primeval Whirl

Votes: 72 17.3%
  • Tomorrowland Speedway

Votes: 85 20.4%
  • The Magic Carpets of Aladdin

Votes: 42 10.1%
  • The Country Bear Jamboree

Votes: 31 7.4%
  • UP! A Great Bird Adventure

Votes: 34 8.2%
  • Alien Swirling Saucers

Votes: 8 1.9%
  • Living With The Land

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • Other

Votes: 54 12.9%

• Total voters

Paper straw fan

CBJ is one of the few shows my 3 yo and 6 both love. Also entertaining for the parents, so while it’s aged, we love it :)

Hey, I’m glad people still do! Last time in there it just seemed kind of dated and odd to me and the others in the theater. But I’d rather see that there than some cheesy 3D movie.

There’s no ride at WDW I actually ‘hate’, I just don’t have that sort of ire towards amusement park attractions unless they are dangerous and/or painful. There’s just some I’d bother with more than others

Last edited:

Ladybat

Journey has no business being up here. Yea, it’s worse than the original, but it’s still a fun and entertaining ride when viewed as it’s own entity, rather than as a continuation of its predecessor. As for the rest of the list, Speedway for sure is the worst. Long line, noisey cars, no thematic fitting with tomorrowland, gaseous fumes, the track system restricting how fast/where you can go, spine breaking bumps from other guests, yea, rip it down already. Or, at the very least, turn it into autopia.
It just breaks my heart that so many people never got to see Journey when it first opened up through 1993 before they chopped it to pieces. It was so amazing. Its now a very pale shadow of its former self.

Ladybat

No way! As cheesy and outdated as it is, It’s a Small World is quintessential Disney!
I don't think its cheesy at all. I totally love it. Brings tears to my eyes to this day. And I don't hate the song either. How can people hate that song? I just don't get the world we live in now sometimes.

I read a guide book about WDW and this guest's words about his experience on that ride were shared in it. He said he hates the song so he puts on his head phones and blasts himself with heavy medal music through the whole ride.

Said it gives a whole new perspective to it. :D

Ladybat

Well, for those that go to WDW for the nostalgia, it is the perfect historical attraction. It's such a simple thing to avoid too. Just don't go to it and everyone will be happy.

I can't even imagine Disney with out COP. I sing that song to my 8 year old grand son all the time. He will experience it for the first time this June. He will be ready to sing it with me by the time we go.

I heard they are planning to demolish The Tiki Birds. Breaks my heart. That was one of the attractions Walt was involved with and he loved so much. I can remember sitting with my parents in it all 3 of us transfixed by all those sweet robotic birds singing.

(sigh) God I wish they would not take that one away from us.

Ladybat

As un-Disney fan as this may seem, I'm not a huge Pirates fan. Idk why, but it just never hit me right.

You don't like the Pirates? :oops: It feels like someone just stuck a dagger through my heart :arghh:. Come on, not even the part where the pirate is on the over head bridge with his leg swinging off of it and you can see how hairy his leg is? Not even that part???

Goofyernmost

I can't even imagine Disney with out COP. I sing that song to my 8 year old grand son all the time. He will experience it for the first time this June. He will be ready to sing it with me by the time we go.

I heard they are planning to demolish The Tiki Birds. Breaks my heart. That was one of the attractions Walt was involved with and he loved so much. I can remember sitting with my parents in it all 3 of us transfixed by all those sweet robotic birds singing.

(sigh) God I wish they would not take that one away from us.
In many ways Tiki is more significant then CoP. Cop was the first full blown story telling show with human sized and faced AA's, but, had there not been the Tiki Room the idea of AA's might have never developed beyond a few perched birds and flowers. Both need to be saved and well maintained.

Last edited:

DugLovesU

Primeval Whirl is the worst!! A cheap carnival ride that destroys your back-no thanks! Runner-up is WDW's Space Mountain. I could ride DL's version all day but WDW's doesn't look or feel like it's been updated since it opened. Carousel of Progress is great but badly needs an update! There's nothing that is relevant to anyone under age 90. First scene should be The 1920's, then the 1950's, then the 1980's, and finally today (2020). I'm sure Walt would have wanted COP updated to stay relevant.

Cado603

Yes, it can which is why I don't understand why we get these lists. When we go public about an attraction being the "worse" we are sending a message, to people that have never been, saying that they should not go to it. The reality is that everyone is different. There may be things that I don't like, but, that doesn't mean that others don't love it. To accidentally commit an attraction to the trash heap, does all of us a disservice. Everyone complained about Stitch's Great Escape. I kind of enjoyed it, I found it fun. Now it's gone. Anybody have any idea what is being done in that theater? I haven't heard anything at all. I am a bit sensitive about CoP because knowing the history of it, I know how many times Disney has wanted to level it. It is a classic and one of the last things the Walt had a hand in creating. Taking it out would be a terrible thing. It needs to stay, as is, as a tribute to the imagination of Walt. Not just the show, but, also the theater itself. We are way to quick to demolish our history.

I apologize for the over reaction, just a sore spot on an old body.
I saw the original COP at the Worlds Fair in NY in 65. So I appreciate it for that Walts touch .

Ladybat

In many was Tiki is more significant then CoP. Cop was the first full blown story telling show with human sized and faced AA's, but, had there not been the Tiki Room the idea of AA's might have never developed beyond a few perched birds and flowers. Both need to be saved and well maintained.
AGREED!

justintheharris

Original Poster
In many ways Tiki is more significant then CoP. Cop was the first full blown story telling show with human sized and faced AA's, but, had there not been the Tiki Room the idea of AA's might have never developed beyond a few perched birds and flowers. Both need to be saved and well maintained.
The Tiki Room is also a bit more timeless.
EDIT: a lot more timeless...

Paper straw fan

I just want to know who voted for living with the land :eek:

The argument was it’s not very exciting and that if you took someone new to WDW on it they’d be bored. I like it, but I wouldn’t ever call it a must ride- I agree though, on this list anyway it’s probably the best. The sorghum plants are easily the highlight!

KINGLOUIS1993

I voted for Country Bear but I would also chuck Enchanted Tiki Room, Swiss Family Treehouse and Aladdins Carpet's on the bonfire.

Special shout out for Living with the Land because I actually really love it but that might just be me.

John park hopper

My granddaughters age 4 and 6 love the Tiki Room. WDW should have attractions for all ages just because an attraction has been there a long time does not mean it should be put out to pasture. I absolutely hate It's a Small World but the granddaughters love it-- been there for years but little kids still like it

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom