Worst Walt Disney World Attraction

In your opinion, what is the worst Walt Disney World Attraction?

• Journey Into Imagination

Votes: 63 15.1%
  • Mission:Space

Votes: 24 5.8%
  • Primeval Whirl

Votes: 72 17.3%
  • Tomorrowland Speedway

Votes: 85 20.4%
  • The Magic Carpets of Aladdin

Votes: 42 10.1%
  • The Country Bear Jamboree

Votes: 31 7.4%
  • UP! A Great Bird Adventure

Votes: 34 8.2%
  • Alien Swirling Saucers

Votes: 8 1.9%
  • Living With The Land

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • Other

Votes: 54 12.9%

• Total voters

DABIGCHEEZ

Um... really if not for Pirates, there would be no reason to step foot into Adventureland. Swiss Family Treehouse is total waste of space, granted not a ton of space but still. Jungle Cruise has been a must skip for years for us and Carpets,... maybe once every 3 trips unless line is short, and the only reason to go in TIKI now is for the AC.

EDIT TO ADD: only other reason besides POC is Dole whips!

justintheharris

Original Poster
Um... really if not for Pirates, there would be no reason to step foot into Adventureland. Swiss Family Treehouse is total waste of space, granted not a ton of space but still. Jungle Cruise has been a must skip for years for us and Carpets,... maybe once every 3 trips unless line is short, and the only reason to go in TIKI now is for the AC.

EDIT TO ADD: only other reason besides POC is Dole whips!
If you have a good skipper, Jungle Cruise is awesome

MAGICFLOP

I am shocked what people consider bad...
Imagination is not the hands down leader... that never had a line.. and it was awful..

What shocked me the most is that Country bear got half the votes imagination got..

CB is classic Disney and perfect for a Disney goer that sees Disney with kids eyes..

FettFan

Other: Prince Charming's Regal Carousel. Admit it, YOU forget the carousel was a thing.
PCCQ453415247-560x188.jpg

And that's what makes it the worst: you don't remember it exists unless you're standing right in front of it.

MattFrees71

The day Mission: Space goes will most likely be one of the happiest days of my life.

The entrance is amazing. However, once you enter, the queue is the worst thing ever. It never ends and drags. Plus, the attraction is horrible. If you are a group of 3, 2 or solo, it is a very awkward experience. I don't care that it took over Horizons. I just think they could do a much better job. Hands down, the worst attraction to go solo. And in my opinion, the worst attraction at WDW.
I agree (except the fact that it did replace Horizons)- it's a lazy attraction that has nowhere near the artistry, imagination, detail, or edutainment factor as one of the original Future World pavilions- nothing more than a heavily glorified mall simulator that gets people nauseated or panicked due to claustrophobia. It will be interesting to see how they work a replacement in that building.

unmitigated disaster

The Enchated Tiki Room.
Yes, I know its historical importance, but the show is a snore.....
I love the Tiki Room.

In 2017 my dad and I decided to hit it because Pirates was temporarily down at rope drop. We were welcomed and the cast member started to unlock the show door and I said "we're not interrupting a show, are we?" We were told no and we went in. There was no one in there! We were, aside from the cast member , the only ones in there. When the one animatronic said "look at all the people!" I just started laughing.

The UP bird attraction, however, is atrocious. The old one was so much better.

danyoung56

What is now the Garden Grill Restaurant was once the Good Turn Restaurant.....

From allears.net -

"When the pavilion opened in 1982, the restaurant was known as The Good Turn and remained that way until 1986. From 1986 through 1993 the restaurant was named The Land Grill Room. "

I really enjoyed this restaurant when it was The Land Grill Room. I'm sure it's doing fine as a character meal, but it's not for me any more.

BuckyMom

OK, I know it's going to rain down on me, but I voted "Other" and it's Star Tours. I'm sure it's a great ride for most but the jerky motion and effects give me vertigo. I have tried a few times with eyes closed to keep the kids happy, but no more. I'm going to try FOP in June, but I'm honestly pretty nervous about it (Soaring, however, no issues - LOVE IT! - bent Eiffel Tower and all). I'd like a refresh on the Muppets at HS. I still go every time, but so much opportunity for an update.

justintheharris

Original Poster
Sorry, Good Skipper or not.... it is a waste of time for us. If you enjoy it... then go wait on line and enjoy.
Well I'm sorry you feel that way. In my honest opinion, after having been to Disneyland California and Disneyland Paris, Pirates of the Caribbean in Orlando is a waste of time. Our adventureland could use a facelift and while it may anger many people, it should include the scrap and rebuilding of Pirates of the Caribbean.

Musical Mermaid

OK, I know it's going to rain down on me, but I voted "Other" and it's Star Tours. I'm sure it's a great ride for most but the jerky motion and effects give me vertigo. I have tried a few times with eyes closed to keep the kids happy, but no more. I'm going to try FOP in June, but I'm honestly pretty nervous about it (Soaring, however, no issues - LOVE IT! - bent Eiffel Tower and all). I'd like a refresh on the Muppets at HS. I still go every time, but so much opportunity for an update.
I dislike Star Tours too. Disney does much better simulators today and will have a whole land devoted to Star Wars, so I would like to see this replaced.

I voted for Tomorrowland Speedway though. It takes up a lot of space that could be used for something better, nothing even remotely futuristic about it, emits obnoxious fumes, steering wheel is pretty useless, and cars go so slow. There are plenty of places where kids can go to drive and have a better experience than here. Disney is not leading the way in this department. Also, for the amount of space it eats up, it should be fun for a larger majority of people and I think most adults would rather be elsewhere at the parks.

SirWillow

It's very interesting seeing what people do and do not like. Some rides and attractions that I can't imagine Disney without, others could care less about. Some that many see as classics, others see as a waste of time. What some consider a "must do" others consider a "must skip."

This is why it's so important that Disney has a variety of different types of rides and experiences, so it really does have something for everyone. And just because you don't like something doesn't mean that is true of everyone else or that Disney should remove it.

World_Showcase_Lover007

Other: Prince Charming's Regal Carousel. Admit it, YOU forget the carousel was a thing.
PCCQ453415247-560x188.jpg

And that's what makes it the worst: you don't remember it exists unless you're standing right in front of it.

Well I agree with you...or at least I did for a long time. The carousel seems out of place at at WDW. But life is funny because you think a certain way, then things like this happen. And suddenly the carousel becomes a special place to you...
8F396D86-DB26-40CB-BF65-F8095CE0DA21.jpeg

SirWillow

Well I agree with you...or at least I did for a long time. The carousel seems out of place at at WDW. But life is funny because you think a certain way, then things like this happen. And suddenly the carousel becomes a special place to you...

While I rarely ride it, the carousel is a fixture for me in Fantasyland, and I wouldn't want to imagine it without it. It was also one of Walt's love, and a callback to one of the major reasons and inspirations why Walt wanted to build the parks anyways- because of those weekends where he watched his girls riding one.

LaughingGravy

I don't care for Magic Carpets. How many spinners does one park need? It is a huge chokepoint. Plus, Aladdin took place in the desert, not in the jungle.

As an adult I hate driving now, but When you're a kid, being able to drive a car is a BIG DEAL. Having my dad sit next to me while I drove was really special to me, and probably for a lot of kids. Tomorrowland Speedway should stay.

Country Bears is a family favorite. They could always update it to the Vacation Hoedown version or create something new. It doesn't HAVE to be the same show for decades on end. Keep it.
Back when they used to do the overlays for CBJ, it was actually one of the reasons our family went back again so soon. The vacation and Christmas versions made for different experiences further than just some decorations to justify a holiday visit when we would not have gone otherwise.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
On sheer management ineptitude - has to be imagination. It’s been 18 years. That’s pathetic.

But...swirling saucers is awful. I like mater’s well enough at DCA...but mgm needed much more than that. It’s planning/investment ineptitude - again.

Sir_Cliff

I went with Primeval Whirl.

Not a fan of some of the others, but they all have some kind of redeeming factor. Primeval Whirl, on the other hand, is just all around unpleasant. The sensation of being jerked and spun around is not fun, while the theming is just ugly.

Goofyernmost

TriceraTop Spin

Why is Mission: Space on here? That's an excellent attraction, people just like to cry about it because it's not Horizons.
It's a continuing virus that has consumed all the people unable to let go of Horizons. If they gave away a Gold Bar to everyone at the end of the attraction, no matter what was there, it would be not good enough.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom