Worst thing you forgot

psuchad

The recent post about items you should bring on your trip got me thinking. What is the worst or most embarrassing thing you have forgotten on your trip?

Personally I accidentally only packed three pairs of underwear for a seven day trip. I had placed them on the bad while packing at home and sure enough that is where they were when I returned. Thank goodness they had laundry facilities.<o:p></o:p>

GSpiff

My worst near forget was when I took my girlfriend down to propose and misplaced her ring. I thought I forgot it back home. I was so relieved to find I just moved it to a different pocket in my bag to keep it safer.

For real forgets:
Last year when I went in June, I forgot my nice comfortable sandals, and only had a pair of dress ones that dug into my feet and left them severely blistered. I could barely walk by the end of the week.

Then in December, I overestimated the temperature for MVMCP and wore just a short sleeve shirt. I never thought anyone could become hypothermic in Florida!

Upvote 0

Boo's Mom

When I was younger, we went down December 26. The weather channels said it would be warm and sunny so we packed shorts and no jackets. We got down there and it was rainy and in the 40's. We had to buy jackets and ponchos, etc.

Last trip, my grandmother brought her sandles to wear in the car but didn't bring any tennis shoes. We stopped at a walmart in Emporia, Va and got her some shoes.

One trip my aunt forgot to pack any underware so we had to stop at a store and she bought some underware. I make myself a checklist and check things off 3 times before I go to Disney :lol:

Upvote 0

nicholas

Not really a disaster, but I forgot the cable to transfer all of my pictures from my camera to my laptop. I had planned on cleaning out the camera each night to keep as much room as possible on it for more pictures. It was only embarrassing because I make lists of things to pack long before the actual trip and was still able to forget it.

Upvote 0

Laura

Premium Member
I always overpack really bad. I go through every drawer and closet in my house and if I see anything I could "possibly" use on my vacation I throw it in the suitcase LOL.

If I ever forget something we just stop at a walmart or something on the way down (we always drive so it's no biggy)

In January my parents drove down to my house (they are in NY, I'm in NC) and they spent the night here and then we all drove in 2 cars to Florida the next day. An hour into the drive my sister realized she forgot her purse so they had to drive all the way back to my house and get it. That was a big pain.

Upvote 0

rainfully

My family always drove to FL. We were a few hours on our way when I realized that I left my backpack that had ALL of me and my sisters toiletries for the whole two weeks we would be gone! :eek: We stopped at a Wal-Mart as soon as we could and bought all that we would need.

When we got home, of course there it was sitting on my bed waiting for me!

Upvote 0

DisneySam

I am a compulsive over packer so I have been okay in the parks so far. Although on my first trip, my best friend brought a fold up gap jacket to wear on Splash Mountain, and I not thinking forgot mine, so I used a WDW plastic bag to keep the waterfall (which I always get stuck under) from Soaking me at 9 am.

The worst was at DTD, I went to HOB to see a concert and wore flip flops. The concert was so awesome but after 2+ hours on that plank-wood floor I thought I would never be able to walk out of there.

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

I have a simple packing plan so I don't forget things. If we are staying for 7 nights, I select 9 pairs of short & matching shirts, lay them out across the bed and place a pair of underwear & socks with each outfit. This way I always have enough and two additional outfits is always more than sufficient for any trip. I have all my toiletries in one travel bag, a second hairbrush and put them right into the suitcase first thing. I know I always worry that I missed something, but then again, that is what Walmart is for, so I try not to worry.

Upvote 0

longfamily

Shampoo and conditioner (I have thick hair past the middle of my back so those little bottles of two-in-one products don't work for me:()

A bathing suit...had to buy one there

and....Socks

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

I forgot my underwear before--like boxer briefs and socks!

I completely forgot that top drawer at home in my bureau. I had everything else but them. Nothing a quick little drive to the SouthEasts largest Wal-Mart couldn't fix.

Upvote 0

Thessair

The time I left the bag with all my medication (insulin, BP, etc.) on the bed was pretty embarrassing. Or frightening, I’m not sure exactly sure which I felt more. :brick:

Upvote 0

GoofyMom2

For 2 years in a row (during college) I forgot my jammies and deoderant.....don't worry, bought some as soon as I got there!

I really overpacked this year...sometime I will find a happy medium!

Upvote 0

Ringo8n24

We drive down and my husband was wearing tennis shoes to drive, but realized he forgot his Sperry's at home which are his "comfortable" shoes. He refused to wear the tennis shoes so we had to hit Belk's on US 27 outside WDW to buy another pair. That was $80 I had not budgeted. Then, we unpack at WDW and he only brought shorts, no t-shirts. He assumed I packed enough t-shirts for both of us. We had to buy souvenir shirts everywhere we went so he would have different ones to wear. :brick: I pack for everybody next time. :hammer:

Upvote 0

RedBaron

I have been lucky enough not to have forgotten anything going to WDW. However the airlines love to loose my luggage, so from past experience I now pack an extra days clothes and toothbrush in my carry on so at least I have something to wear the next morning. My husband thinks I am nuts, but then again they dont seem to loose his bags. :animwink:

Upvote 0

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
There will always be the infamous year without the hairbrush. It was not a good situation. I completely forgot my hairbrush at home. We flew down so we didnt have a car with us. We ended up taking a taxi to the nearest walmart so I could buy one....but it just wasnt the same. All the pix from that year had the worst hair ever.

Upvote 0

PigletIsMyCat

I am ridiculous for packing. I make lists of what to pack, go over them about five times, and print out a spreadsheet. It has columns for what to pack, if I already have bought it, where I am packing it, and a double-check column. Still, the worst thing I ever forgot was probably my glasses. I wear contacts normally, but I still use my glasses at night or if my contacts bother me. It was on my honeymoon, and we left the house about five hours after getting home from the reception. I was bound to forget one of those last minute things.

Upvote 0

pinjim

Forgot my eye glasses. Thankfully I only need them for reading, but after our second part of the trip started on DCL and a pin trading cruise at that, I was forced to buy a pair of reading glasses at a store in Nassau.:veryconfu

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom