worst ride to be all alone on..

hokielutz

Not really scary, but Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin....I would have no one to beat! :cool::king::D

Ahh... but you don't have to worry about fighting someone else for control of the pod.... Higher scores with a steady pod when you can focus on the "SECRET" high score targets.

imagineer boy

I went on the HM once all alone in my doom buggy, and I must say I got a little freaked during the ride, mostly during the scenes of complete blackness.

Laura

Premium Member
A couple years ago Rain(fully) and I were stuck on Splash Mountain, completely alone in the dark with that "How do you do" song playing over and over for about 45 minutes. After 20+ minutes went by we really believed they had forgot about us up there. It was probably my creepiest Disney experience ever. (Eventually we were rescued and evacuated LOL).

I don't think I could handle riding Haunted Mansion or Tower of Terror completely alone. They both freak me out big time.

Tom Morrow

Back in the good ole' days, my family and I had numerous times where we got an elevator to ourselves on ToT and it scared the living daylights out of me!!!
One time, we felt like the operators were messing with us (we just told ourselves that) because after the doors close after the scene with the ghosts, we sat in pitch black, dead silence for about 2 minutes. We had all gotten our own rows and such and were just talking to each other like 'Uh, what's going on?'. And this was right after there were rumors that one of the Elevators messed up and sent an entire elevator of people to the ER for spinal injuries.

Occasionally, you will pause after the first scene for a few moments when the previous elevator has not reached a certain point in the drop sequence yet. If you pause here, you will also experience a brief pause just before entering before the drop shaft while waiting for the lift to return to the 5th Dimension.

If it really was for two minutes like you said, it was most likely because the previous elevator needed to be held in the 5th Dimension, which is rare, but happens occasionally. The ride system will not allow two vehicles to occupy the 5th Dimension at once.

Even though I've ridden by myself several times a week, and even though I know how every aspect of it works, pausing in pitch black and dead silence by yourself is still admittedly creepy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom