Worst Ride in all of Disney Ever? Your opinion

rsoxguy

Besides the obvious choices of Stitch and Captain EO, I'd have to go with O Canada! Being Canadian, it is just plain embarrassing...and I like Martin Short.

I always enjoyed the original O Canada! film, but I believe that the current version robs the presentation if its dignified elements. The silliness of the Martin Short version takes away from some of the elegant grandeur of the original. The only improvement with the newer version lies in the fact that they label the locations being viewed with a bit more detail. My non-Canadian opinion, of course.

bdearl41

A lot of posters are saying Captain EO, when this first came out, it was pretty great, but it is dated now for sure. Hopefully they can replace it with something soon.

Worst is the Imagination ride. I'll never forget my first (and only) experience with it. I had read about it online, and it had a LOT of fans, so I rode it to see what all the fuss was about. And I didn't see what all the fuss was about, because it had been drastically and tragically changed; the fans were raving about it in its original form. Now it's kinda pointless and stupid. Meh.

A close second is the Stitch ride. Does ANYBODY like it? It's a stinky painful expensive mess. It needs a major rewrite and the inclusion of Lilo to make it a little warmer and hopefully funnier. The tech is great, though.
This ride has always been a disaster, they screwed it up when they released it as alien encounter and then they yanked it and softened it up.

ctxak98

The Discovery River boat ride which became the Radio Disney River Cruise lasted such a short time, closed about 1 year after AK opened in 1999, that few probably remember it. This was 10 minutes of cruise to nowhere with nothing to see. As pointless as any ride could get.

Other contenders are Journey Into Your Imagination (no imagination in an imagination Pavillion), Stitch, and Sounds Dangerous. But none of them come close to the AK boat cruise for sheer boredom.

The only good part of "rivver cruise" was seeing the cool iguanodon AA! That was cool...sad they got rid of it.

BUT my least favorite rides and attractions are definately: Playhouse disney and Stitch. Cant stand either of them. when is sitting on the floor comofortable!

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
For me, nothing beats Body Wars in terms of physical discomfort. Couldn't look at all the bloody...um...blood... for too long while being shaken in a can.

Oooh, I forgot how nauseating this ride was. I, literally had to close my eyes and put my head between my knees.
Kinda feel the same way about the teacups.

But for me, the worst attraction was the Narnia walkthrough. When we were done, my hubby said, "Man, I hope the ride is better than the pre-show".

MickeyPeace

I'll give Sounds Dangerous an honorary razzie since I've never been on it but detest Drew Carey. And good riddens to you Gilbert Gottfried in Tiki UNM.

Biggest mistake, worst ride that I've been on seas with Nemo. I love the movie and the queue to the attraction but 4 minutes or so of Nemo! Nemo!! Neemo!!! Neeemoo!!! You get the idea.

dvcnut

I love the movie, but hate the ride (if you can call it that)...Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse. They need to re-do the movie and update the attraction.

The Carousel of Progress is pretty god awful too. It doesn't look like it's been updated in 20+ years. Considering the name and the theme of the ride...the decor should get past 1990.

bubbles1812

I love the movie, but hate the ride (if you can call it that)...Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse. They need to re-do the movie and update the attraction.

I'd agree with this. Honestly, I'd have no problem if they tore it down and put in something new. It's very out of date and hardly any kids today really know even about the movie.

Narnia also gets a mention. We made the mistake of going into it. How they got away with calling that an attraction is beyond me.

The Empress Lilly

Narnia was a fun advertisement exhibit, an elaborate movie trailer.

They just should've named it that, instead of trying to sell it as an attraction. I would've burned down DHS if I had waited 45 minutes for that.

RedBaron

I guess I would have to say Kali Rapids is pretty bad. I don't care how hot it is out, I just have no desire to walk around with my clothes soaking wet.

The current Figment ride is just sad. It used to be such a lovely ride and then Disney had to go and ruin it.

The Tomorrowland Speedway is really just an ugly noisy waste of space.

Magenta Panther

The Stitch ride is a tragedy. I really do think it's technically very good. But the story is awful. I have heard kids cry in that attraction! Now, if kids cry in the Haunted Mansion, that's understandable. But Stitch is supposed to be a lovable character aka Pooh and Tigger. Having him scare kids is a very bad move IMO.

Afondz

I guess I would have to say Kali Rapids is pretty bad. I don't care how hot it is out, I just have no desire to walk around with my clothes soaking wet.

The current Figment ride is just sad. It used to be such a lovely ride and then Disney had to go and ruin it.

The Tomorrowland Speedway is really just an ugly noisy waste of space.
what happened to the Figment ride? That was my favorite ride growing up, and I havent been on it since

mamamouse

I love the character Stitch and love the movies but the attraction is more of a distraction from the greatness that is The Magic Kingdom,than it is an Attraction

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom