Worst ride at WDW?

cymbaldiva

I have to agree with instidude about Main Street - I really miss back when they were actually seperate shops! The only advantage to the way they are now is that it's easy to cut thru the stores to avoid parade crowds! :lol: I'd rather have the individual shops back though...:(

CThaddeus

Going back to that DCA comment, I must be the only one on the planet who liked Superstar Limo. It's too bad it was closed as it was one of the few attractions in that park. I mean, if you're going to get rid of something there, I'd have to say Paradise Pier minus California Screamin' (an outdoor version of Rockin' Rollercoaster without all that hideous Aerosmith "music") and that huge waste-of-space lake. Oh, while they're at it, Grizzly River Rapids (motto: "Just as lame as Knotts!") should get the boot, too.
But, getting back to Disney World: Carousel of Progress, the Timekeeper, Alien Encounter, Snow White, Jungle Cruise, Ellen's Energy Adventure, Body Wars, Horizons, El Rio Del Tiempo...you guys are naming every attraction I'm going there for next week. Admittedly, Horizons is gone, and Rio could use an update, but these at least are attractions worthy of being in a Disney park.
To those who mentioned Test Track, however, I agree 150%. I never got to see World of Motion, but I believe it had to have been more entertaining than this lame excuse for a thrill ride. If I want cheap thrills, I'm not too far from Knott's or Magic Mountain. I've been to both once in the past ten years and I see no reason to go back soon. I'm not terribly fond of Kali River Rapids, either (Grizzly/Kali...same difference). There just does not seem to be a lot of Disney in it (okay, we got you really wet...now get out).
You should appreciate the Snow White you've got, as well. It tells the whole story, unlike Disneyland's, which ends with the Queen falling to her death. No final scene, save a book with the words "And they lived happily ever after" on it. I'm guessing the Queen wasn't so happy, though she's kind of the star of Disneyland's version.
However, a good point was made about WDW's It's a Small World. It's a jumbled mess, with only the final scene as its saving grace. At Disneyland the countries are in separate rooms and it seems to flow better. At WDW it feels like every country is trying to outsing the other.
And, on a final note, bring back the old Journey Into Imagination and Tiki Room!

SykedOwt

Originally posted by NowInc
CoP has got to be the ride of choice in hell.....id rather sit thru 9 hours on its a small world than 3 minutes on that anchient waste of metal.

Are You Serious? This Ride is Classic...

My Least Favorite Ride at WDW is Pooh Because he Destoryed Toad!

Originally posted by CaptainEO
Well, I guess I'm the only one who can actually enjoy himself at WDW. I say this because I love every ride there, no joke.

You're not alone, Captain.

And the few rides I don't REALLY enjoy, my young children do. Yes, some of the songs get on one's nerves, and the theming isn't always ideal, but I can't think of a single ride that I would be thrilled to have removed from WDW*.

I adore Astro Orbiters; Grand Prix is great for those too young to drive [although I don't really enjoy this ride, and it's not a good driver's education experience]; El Rio Del Tiempo is layed back and a nice break during an EPCOT day; I could go on about each ride that has been mentioned.

* This is not to say that I get up in arms every time someone talks about removing a ride. Each ride has an implicit life; I'll be really sad when COP finally goes, but I'm not going to say anything silly like "Oh my God! They pulled out COP, I'm NEVER going back to WDW."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom