Worst Queue Experience

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
I'm curious, does everything shut down like it does in Texas? We definitely get more than one or 2 days, sometimes it even snows, but mostly we get that horrible freezing rain and schools close and disaster sets in. And of course by 10:00 all is well again.

Nah, not generally. We shutdown for hurricanes, but only adjust our schedules a few hours if we have to commute when the roads are frozen. It may be different further north than Orlando.

mf1972

We took a Disney trip in January 2010 and the particular week we went they experienced record lows. We wore our winter coats from home for 6 out of 7 days of our trip, the top news stories were local stores running out of warm clothing and accessories like hats and gloves, stores running out of heaters, crops dying.

Anywho, we were at AK one of the coldest days. There were heaters around for the greenery and it was so cold that Fastpass machines were locking up, Everest was suspended, other things were closed, and we found ourselves in line for Primevil Whirl (PrimeEVIL Hurl) as it featured a 5 minute wait time. We figured, "hey we've never ridden this, might as well as not much else is working".
We waited in a halted line in the freezing cold because the ride wouldn't run, barely moving for an hour with CMs walking up and down the line repeatedly saying it would be running in 5 minutes. An hour later, we finally rode and I was a popsicle and wound up nauseous. Now that I am looking back, I have no idea why we waited in the line outside when we could've been in a warm store or restaurant. Lesson learned!
i think we were there around the same time that year in december. we drove down from NJ & had our winter coats, etc & wound up using them for most of our trip. i don't think i wore my shorts once, lol

JIMINYCR

It was a jam packed queue for Splash Mtn. From the time we entered the queue we could hear Brazilian chants that continued on and on and on as we slowly made our way through. As we were about 3/4 of the way through, several Brazilian teens began shoving their way up the line behind me, telling others as they passed that they were joining their friends up ahead. I refused to let them cut past me and they began getting angry. I was able to see a CM ahead and called him over. He agreed that line cutting was going on and tossed them from the line. Unfortunately that wasnt the only attraction that occurred on and not all CM's tossed the queue abusers.

Goofyernmost

Nah, not generally. We shutdown for hurricanes, but only adjust our schedules a few hours if we have to commute when the roads are frozen. It may be different further north than Orlando.
In NC the damn place shuts down with any amount of frozen stuff, be it rain (good idea) or a light dusting of snow (really not necessary). I've seen the schools shut down for a week because of a 1 inch snowfall. Back in Vermont the school bus had to have slid off the road into a ditch and land on it's side before you could even be late for classes without getting an attached detention. But, we were old school.

Texas84

BTMRR, two kids were literally beating the fool out of themselves and the father just stared into his phone. I stopped it with a dirty look when one of the kids was thrown into me and almost knocked me over.

And LOVE Disneyland but with a few exceptions the queues are switchback hell.

mf1972

about 8-9 years ago while waiting in line for pirates, someone about 20 feet behind us lost their lunch. caused a bit of a commotion, but i was glad the smell never reached us :depressed:

Pixie VaVoom

else.Also on Everest while I was waiting in row 1 these teenagers come barreling into me I almost fell and then when the cm told them he did not tell them those rows and to go to the right ones they pretended to not know English even though they clearly was talking it 5min before smh smh.

I like to do a little thing where someone acts like they don't know english and I look at them and quietly, calmly say " I think you just dropped a $100 bill back there. " "No Habla Ingles" my aunt's !!

The Mom

Premium Member
I like to do a little thing where someone acts like they don't know english and I look at them and quietly, calmly say " I think you just dropped a $100 bill back there. " "No Habla Ingles" my aunt's ***** !!

BTW, your remark was censored because you used a word that I routinely said to my children (get up off your little ) and would not offend your mother, but is a very, very vulgar term in the UK. So I'm not giving you a warning. ;)

Pixie VaVoom

Thanks MOM - I don't mean to be offensive. Wouldn't want to have to plug my "jackalope's" ears (see profile pix). Yeah - I am NOT quite up on ALL the UK slang. thanks for watching my back !!

Jedi Stitch

The Indiana Jones ride at DLR. It was so popular the day my friend and I go, that they used part of the jungle cruse que for the ride que. The IJR has a great interactive que area full of time wasters to do. You have to be in the temple portion to do them. I swaer we had it all in that line. The collage age group ahead of us had one guy who was farting something fierce that it was lingering, to the point you could d a switch back and sill smell the effects coming back around. They were loud obnoxious, rude, f-bombing, and probably a nice bit intoxicated. once we got into the temple area, all the fun stuff like pushing the bambo pole to get the spikes they did, and it wouldn't reset in time for us to do it. they accidentally pull to hard on the rope and broke it in the projection room. Basically did all the secret and hidden less known que interactive and wouldn't let us have a turn. We get near the loading area, and one of the guys cuts one that must have left something on his shorts, made my friend so sick, she puked on me. It started a mini puke reaction, between me and and few other families. They had to divert the que to clean up the mess, and we waited nearly 3 hours to ride so even puked on we both rode the ride and cleaned up after.

aw14

So my DW (@awheartsdw ) has an enormous aversion to vomit. Even our DW.

So during our March 2016 trip, our first ride of the trip was Pirates. It had roughly a 45 minute wait. As we meander through the snaked lined que, a father is bouncing a very snooty faced little kid who is coughing like a banshee. Within a few minutes I hear my DW say, "oh my god, my foot is wet". Evidently the little boy threw up all over dad and then all down my DW's foot. The DD and I laughed hysterically, but she was having none of it

LeighM

My favorite is Peter PAN Q-- Guy in front of me and my daughter has the backpack on that hangs about 3 feet off his back and every time he turns in place he smashes my daughter in the face with the bookbag, when I tap him on the shoulder to ask him to take the backpack off he fully turns around and practically knocks my daughter out,, these people have no situational awareness

I've experienced the same thing in that queue only it was my short self getting hit in the face by the backpack on a tall man :mad:

nmsunny

Maybe not the worst queue story I have, but definitely the strangest (and one of the grossest). One summer my friend and I were in the line for Buzz Lightyear. It was a pretty busy day, so the line was backed up to where we were around the building and standing out in the sun for a bit. We were kind of chatting with the family in front of us, who had a little boy who looked to be about six or so. While we were talking to the mom, the kid was drinking a Sprite, and the cup falls and spills all over the floor. He got down on his hands and knees and started lapping the soda up from the ground like a dog, and the mom just shrugged and laughed a little bit and said, something along the lines of "Oh, you know. Kids will be kids." She only made the kid get up when the line started moving again, which was a good minute or two later. I hope the kid had a really strong immune system, for his sake. :confused:

rufio

A couple months ago my husband and I finally decided to brave the line for the new Frozen ride. It was about an hour wait and we weren't in any hurry, but we didn't anticipate the absolute NIGHTMARE children in line behind us. They were young, but old enough to behave in public, the youngest maybe 4. Their parents let them scream and climb all over everything and play tag, and the youngest kept literally running off and strangers would have to wrangle her (kicking and screaming) back to her parents. This happened multiple times. I could not believe that people allowed their children to act this way in line! It took everything in me not to say anything to them, although I'll admit they got the stink eye more than once.

GVentola

I've had bratty kids climbing all over everything while their parents did nothing as a queue experience, too. It was at the Gadget Go coaster out at Disneyland. Then I was in line for Astro Orbiter, and the parents nicely had gentle command over their well-behaved children. I actually thanked them for disciplining their kids. My theory about kids running wild while their parents do nothing is that it's because people are afraid to discipline their kids for fear that it looks like abuse.

GVentola

Wow! That is crazy!

In all honesty though (if you knew it was going to be cold and had packed for the temperature), do you think Disney would have been neat during the cold weather or still miserable like comparable to excruciatingly hot?

Having been at the theme parks in both cold & hot weather, I can say both have their disadvantages. With the heat, I have envied cast members working inside an air-conditioned booth, wishing, "I wish I was in there working, instead of out in the parks 'having fun'!" On cold days, my nose keeps running.

KraftServices

Disney...Florida...freezing?? o_O (I have never been to Florida when it was cold)

It used to get cold in the 90s. Obviously not Up North cold, but I used to live in Sarasota and I'd need a jacket for a few months. Orlando tends to be warmer, but I usually would go to Disney in winter and would need jackets.

But I remember 2010 was the year it snowed briefly in Georgia so, yeah, cold!

On topic, last time I was in MK, in the line for Pirates, there was a family in front who has a boy around 11, and he kept just hanging off the bars and stuff in the queue. His parents didn't acknowledge it at all and when I was getting upset, the people I was with treated me like I was overreacting and ridiculous to be objecting to someone climbing on stuff screwed into the walls. I'm still mad nothing broke off while he was doing it so I could be all "See?!"

Also of course I've had tons of queue experiences with people who think leaning on me will get them on the ride faster. I get when the queue is sticking partway out into the sun, making room for people in the shade is nice, but you don't need to squeeze 6 people into a two foot space when you're all inside a building.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom