Worst part of the Resorts and why?

jaklgreen

The fact that I have trouble sleeping. Of course, no matter where I stay, I always have trouble sleeping away from home.

I bring my own bed sheets and pillow and that helps. But I always find the mattresses bad at hotels. They are usually way to hard for me. I sleep on a pillow top so it feels like I am on the floor. My back does not like that.

TXDisney

Only displeasing things I can say are the prices are high, and transportation can be a pain with the buses. All in all it's still worth it to stay onsite if it's in ur price range. My parents have a timeshare close by, so we only stay onsite like 1/3 trips we go on.

Bob and April

At AKL, some of the "savannah view" rooms will not be what you expect. Rather than looking at a large area with lots of animals, you're looking at a small yard with a chain link fence which may occasionally have an animal roam over there. Except for the nice people who greet you when you walk through the front door, pretty much everyone was rude at AKL. It was a very unusual experience for a Disney resort. It seemed like they had a large number of new and inexperienced employees at this one resort.
We're staying at Boardwalk this fall. We like the location of the Epcot resorts.

disney4life2008

At AKL, some of the "savannah view" rooms will not be what you expect. Rather than looking at a large area with lots of animals, you're looking at a small yard with a chain link fence which may occasionally have an animal roam over there. Except for the nice people who greet you when you walk through the front door, pretty much everyone was rude at AKL. It was a very unusual experience for a Disney resort. It seemed like they had a large number of new and inexperienced employees at this one resort.
We're staying at Boardwalk this fall. We like the location of the Epcot resorts.

A classic reason why I refuse to pay for anything above value (mainly sports).

disney4life2008

How about the "nasty foot" smell in the mornings at some resorts? It is the fertilizer they use at night, but it almost makes me vomit when I smell it.

OMG that is the same smell that chuckee cheese has LOL. And when McDondalds had the playland - YUCK! But I am a night owl and tend to enjoy walking the resorts at night and its amazing that while we are sleeping all the cleaning, landscapping that takes place. So a lot of that morning smell is fertilzier.

PinnySmart

Exactly. Take each review with a grain of salt. If you notice several reviews stating the same thing then it is likely a valid argument for not staying there. However, as you said most bad reviews are from entitled people that did not get their way.

Very well said. I completely agree.

Cosmic Commando

Exactly. Take each review with a grain of salt. If you notice several reviews stating the same thing then it is likely a valid argument for not staying there. However, as you said most bad reviews are from entitled people that did not get their way.
There are negative reviews for EVERYTHING. My mother-in-law was hesitant to buy something on Amazon because of the negative reviews... how bad were they? About one 1-star review for every 100 5-star reviews. She's a "glass half full" person. :rolleyes:

BuddyThomas

As long as we are having another complain-a-thon, I will say that the cable tv offerings are pretty much the worst. Would it be too much trouble to toss us one single premium channel such as HBO?

EmmyMD

We personally didn't like Coronado Springs. It's also a convention center and the convention goers literally took over the food court in the mornings and the bars at night. The room, pool, playgrounds were all fine - it was just the atmosphere of the resort we didn't like. (Disclaimer - our children are grown so we were there as adults. If you are there with small children, you probably won't care as much about how crowded the bars were!)

DisneyJunkie

Worst parts....hmmm....of the places on-property I've stayed in, here they are:

1. Wilderness Lodge: I only have 2 real negatives (neither of which would stop me from staying there). One is the location of your room. Some rooms are located WAY out on the extended wings that encompass the pool and back area of the resort. Just getting to the room or wanting to go from your room down to the boat dock to get the ferry over to MK can be a bit of a hike, to say the least. The second negative is the bus transportation (which may not be so much a WL problem as just transportation altogether, but I've only really experienced this at WL). I've stayed at WL more than enough to know that it's an on-going problem. The wait times are just too inconsistent (usually longer than the posted 20 minutes) and there are far too many buses coming and going to the same places instead of the buses YOU are waiting on. I don't know if it's just a problem of not having enough drivers for certain routes or what, but it's quite annoying.

2. Polynesian: The only negative I could come up with here is the new lobby. I HATE that they removed the large waterfall/flower garden feature and I'm not a fan at all of what they replaced it with. I might understand the reasons behind it, but I prefer the lobby the way it was.

3. Boardwalk Inn: I hated having to walk down and outside the building to the bakery just to get some snacks or refill my mug each day, the quick service place should have been inside the main building. On the mornings or evenings when the whether wasn't cooperating, who wants to walk outside in that to get their refills (especially when you may have multiple mugs to refill)? I also wasn't particularly thrilled with the location since I enjoy starting off each day at MK. And the boat ride from Boardwalk to Epcot or DHS takes a long time with so many different stops.

4. Caribbean Beach: HATED having to depend on the internal bus system when we wanted to get out to the parks or come back from the parks and get to our room. There are just too many stops to have to wait on and it just felt like my time was being wasted. Also hated how far out we were located from the main area to get food or refill our mugs. It was simply too far a walk. With a resort that wide and spread out, they should have multiple locations for refilling your mugs. We also didn't like that the window shades didn't do much to block out the lights from the outside, or that you don't enter a building and walk down a hallway to get to your room. My wife said she didn't feel completely safe with the way they have it set up now. And then, the beds were simply too small.

Last edited:

DarthVader

Sith Lord
I'm going have to say the price and I read the other month they're increasing pricing again (I forget where I read that).

I started saving up for our 2016 Disney vacation in 2014, and even then, staying at the contemporary is very expensive. I'm hoping that our stay falls inside their spring pricing promotions (once they come out with them).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom