Worst part of the Resorts and why?

Parrain

We love PO Riverside. Our favorite moderate! I would just suggest you ask for a room/building close to the main lobby. The resort is SPRAWLING! Never had any housekeeping or noise issues.

jaklgreen

Port Orleans does have poor housekeeping

POFQ has been my "home" resort for years. I have not had any complaints about housekeeping. In fact, they have gone above and beyond for me. One visit I had the worst mattress ever and they replaced it for me instantly. If I ever needed anything, I got it in a timely manner and my room has always been clean.

JIMINYCR

I read all the reviews I can, consider them and then find out on my own whether they are valid or not. Most of the times the negatives are posted by one time guests who are expecting much more than they deserve or and they want to vent their displeasure. Or they had an issue but didnt address it properly at the time.
We have stayed at POFQ many times and have never found a problem with housekeeping or asking for anything from any of the staff there. DW needs extra towels for her care and our housekeepers are made aware of this on the first nights stay. They assist us with this throughout our stay. So no its not been a valid claim for us.

G00fyDad

I read all the reviews I can, consider them and then find out on my own whether they are valid or not. Most of the times the negatives are posted by one time guests who are expecting much more than they deserve or and they want to vent their displeasure. Or they had an issue but didnt address it properly at the time.
We have stayed at POFQ many times and have never found a problem with housekeeping or asking for anything from any of the staff there. DW needs extra towels for her care and our housekeepers are made aware of this on the first nights stay. They assist us with this throughout our stay. So no its not been a valid claim for us.

Exactly. Take each review with a grain of salt. If you notice several reviews stating the same thing then it is likely a valid argument for not staying there. However, as you said most bad reviews are from entitled people that did not get their way.

RonAnnArbor

I have stayed at almost all the deluxe and moderates over the years, and a few of the DVC properties too...while the resorts on property are ALL better than staying off property the few negatives I've found are:
Carribean Beach -- unless you have a preferred room everything is bus dependent and too far to walk
Old Key West -- worst bus transportation to the parks and bad internal shuttle, and horrible if you do not have a car and get stuck in the far-off rooms (which is where you get shuffled if you are not DVC who all request rooms up front) - also no food court
Coronado Beach -- little Disney "magic" -- feels like a chain business hotel

erasure fan1

Old Key West -- worst bus transportation to the parks and bad internal shuttle, and horrible if you do not have a car and get stuck in the far-off rooms (which is where you get shuffled if you are not DVC who all request rooms up front) - also no food court
I will 2nd this, the bus service is the worst of any of the resorts I have stayed at. One thing that always kind of bugs me at a lot (if not all) of the resorts is the secondary pools snack counters never stay open late enough.

Matt_Black

I found out that the All Stars Resorts play Disney music around the clock. That would have been very over-stimulating for us.

Not Disney music, at least not at All Star Music. The section your staying at has music themed to whatever genre, so if you're staying in the Country section, you'll hear country music, or at least that's how it was set up when I stayed there in 2013.

BigRedDad

Cost benefit. Other than staying in a room, you can experience almost everything a resort has to offer as the person that paid the premium to stay there. The only activity I know about is the pool at YC/BC. Other than that, you can do everything at the resorts.

For me, it is the price. There are resorts with FAR better quality and amenities for less than a Value resort. You get better than Deluxe accommodations for prices less than a Value resort.

officialtom

POR is our home and we absolutely love it. We've only ever experienced poor housekeeping once in 5 stays. One day, after getting back from one of the parks, the tip we'd left on the pillow was gone but nothing had been cleaned/emptied/made up. We called the "front desk" (probably a call centre) and asked for someone to bring fresh towels, but nobody showed up so we went to bed. Did this one inconvenience change our love for POR? NO!!!

I'm really struggling to come up with other complaints. Sure, the buses can do the big loop before heading to the park, but at least you don't need to find a parking spot, pay to park your car, and take the tram to the gate.

Life's too short to be negative!

pug

POFQ has been my "home" resort for years. I have not had any complaints about housekeeping. In fact, they have gone above and beyond for me. One visit I had the worst mattress ever and they replaced it for me instantly. If I ever needed anything, I got it in a timely manner and my room has always been clean.
I am talking about riverside

righttrack

Coranado Springs, the resort is circular, around a pond. There are many nice parts of this resort but you won't be accessible to all of them. It's a hike to get to various parts. Because of the circle, around a large pond, it doesn't follow a hub and spoke like many of the others do, and it's quite large. There is a bus that goes around, and there is a bridge which is a shortcut to the theme pool. It's just big.

zeebs758

In the Parks
Yes
It's hard to think of the negatives. I can only think of one. On my last trip with my girlfriend to Wilderness Lodge, we stayed at one of the DVC villas. When we entered the room, it had a similar smell to cat urine. We couldn't tolerate it and asked for another room. The promptly gave us a new room which ended up being very close to the lobby and buses compared to the previous room.

Otherwise, I don't remember having a problem with any of our stays.

Mukta

My favorite hotel is BC and I adore it. Here are some teeny-tiny negatives.

I wish there were more breakfast options. I would love something like Captain's Grille right downstairs (although it is a short walk away).

I wish we didn't share buses at night with other resorts. Those are the only complaints I can think of.

bethymouse

Buses!:eek: I love the boat transportation, but sometimes the wait and walk can be annoying! Value resorts only have quick service meals, just sayin...;) Value resorts don't have slides ( that's what my kids say).;) Less amenities at value resorts!:eek: Moderate resorts are just that- moderate!:eek: Deluxe resorts are too expensive!:eek: OK- I've said my peace, but I still love WDW resorts!:rolleyes:

ninjaprincesst

We have stayed at every resort category value, moderate and deluxe and my only complaint is the cheerleaders at the value resorts, they completely take over the whole resort with no adult supervision, they can be found yelling out cheers at midnight, at 5am they do not care, they essentially hog up whole busses and hog all the tables at the food court. I have encountered groups of band kids, football players, baseball players but nonoe are as obnoxious as the cheerleaders.

Last edited:

HatboxGhost

When my wife and I went last September we stayed at the CBR and there were minor issues which were no big deal. There was one exception to that which was the bus schedules. There were times we were waiting 30 minutes for our bus. I know the setup and I don't think they can do much about that however adding a few more buses might do the trick.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom