Worst Opening Day Attraction Still Open Today

Thepuma

For some reason I thought Space Mountain was there at park open?

I was going to say that...damned awful ride now. So dated in so many ways. At a minimum they should try to do what Paris has done with theirs, it's a half decent ride now.

WaltWiz1901

It's not the worst, but certainly Peter Pan's Flight has seen better decades. It's now been 40 years since "New Fantasyland" opened at Disneyland with the first updated version of the ride, and WDW's attraction has gotten not much since besides the indoor queue.

While there's a novelty to still having one of the original Fantasyland dark rides still around, I think Peter Pan is not as interesting as the subversive Mr Toad (with 2 tracks!) or the original scarier Snow White.
NGL, "old" Fantasyland as a whole nowadays is pretty lacking, with or without New Fantasyland directly nearby. The tournament tent facades on everything except for Pooh (sadly, the only other C-ticket dark ride in the land currently) feel nowhere near as charming as the fantasy village facades at Disneyland, both Pan and Pooh could use a bit of sprucing up like what most of Disneyland's dark rides got, and they really could use another dark ride where the Princess Fairytale Hall is.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Will they shut down the attraction every hour for the vehicles to charge an hour? 😂
If you charged the battery packs off-line and then swapped them out every hour or so, you wouldn't need to shut down the ride. Just pull the car out of rotation, put it on a trench, drop the battery pack out the bottom and slide in the new pack from the side.

graphite1326

So we always praise the original Magic Kingdom attractions that opened in 1971... Literally all of them! However, what is your LEAST favorite opening day attraction, and why?

I'd like to mention: even though many of these have been modified, the original intentions of these attractions still remain. But you may even consider their updates their downfalls.

A list:

Dumbo the Flying Elephant
It's a Small World
Enchanted Tiki Room
Hall of Presidents
Country Bear Jamboree
Jungle Cruise
Mad Tea Party
Main Street Vehicles
WDW Railroad
Tomorrowland Speedway
Prince Charming Regal Carousel
Riverboat (I'm including this)
Peter Pan's Flight (I'm including this)
The Haunted Mansion

Please respect other opinions.

My opinion-- I want to say Speedway, but I feel like that's going to be too popular of an answer, and I like to be different. Lol. So my vote is for Mad Tea Party... On top of me not being a big fan of flat rides, I also don't like the physical aspect of it as a mild germophobe, an uninteresting and cramped queue, it's odd placement in the park, and the terrible sound the brakes make.
I have to say Jungle Cruise. I could never understand why people like looking at plastic animals. Maybe it's the really bad jokes that keep people coming back.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
For some reason I thought Space Mountain was there at park open?

I was going to say that...damned awful ride now. So dated in so many ways. At a minimum they should try to do what Paris has done with theirs, it's a half decent ride now.

Nope, 1975 I believe, same with the peoplemover (since they had to be planned/built together)

Chef Mickey

If you charged the battery packs off-line and then swapped them out every hour or so, you wouldn't need to shut down the ride. Just pull the car out of rotation, put it on a trench, drop the battery pack out the bottom and slide in the new pack from the side.
Seems awful.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom