Worst meal on Disney property?

BeachClub

Ok, let me play the devils :fork: advocate.....we all come on these boards praising everything Disney. (Eisner excluded-wrong thread)...:D
Now, lets see if we can finagle some answers for this question.

Where have you had the WORST meal on Disney property? And why.

:hurl:

BalooChicago

Originally posted by barnum42
I like the grub at AK - which place are you refering to?

It was in Africa - "Tusker House"

I had the fried chicken samich, and Patti had the turkey wrap... Both were excellent, not "fancy" (Not plain though either) but something we'll definitely have again...

Upvote 0

Number_6

Hmmmm... The worst meal I have had at WDW... I would have to say it was on my last trip there. See, when I was a kid, if we were at MK we would usually go to the Pinocchio Village Haus since it was simple and usually not too difficult to find a seat and I never really had a bad meal there. So when I went down with my wife and kids for our second trip I thought it would be a good place to go and grab something to eat. I had screwed up my foot earlier in the week so I was kinda limping a bit and in some pain so all I wanted was to relax and have something to eat and drink. I got a cheeseburger there and it was actually worse than the ones at my High School cafeteria, and that's saying something since I stopped eating those when I saw the texture of the burger "meat" after biting into it one time and it had a very subtle green hue. The burger was so dry that if it were a little harder, I would have confused it with a hockey puck. My daughter got a hot dog and that was fine and my wife and son got the Figaro fries and those were okay, but I won't go back there again. The ABC Commissary at MGM was similar, but not as bad. I'm not saying it was good either, mind you, but the food was passable at least.

Upvote 0

barnum42

Originally posted by BalooChicago

I had the fried chicken samich, and Patti had the turkey wrap... Both were excellent, not "fancy" (Not plain though either) but something we'll definitely have again...

MMMMMM...Tusker House :slurp: I also like the Flame Tree BBQ

Upvote 0

Slinky Dog

Alfredo's for me too - the food doesn't seem to be remotely related to real Italian food.

Maybe they should take a look down the road at the Bistro upstairs in France, really good French cuisine comparable to any good/great restaurant in France, the wine list ain't bad either :slurp:

Upvote 0

darkrose

Worst: Rose & Crown. I don't know if it was the steak & prawns or the bangers and mash I polished off for the wife, but something at that meal gave me severe gastro-intestinal difficulties. As a Scotsman (by heritige), I am sure it was a British conspiricy against me. :)

Best: I've eaten at Chefs de France and loved it both times. The first time was with my wife on our Honeymoon.. it was the last meal of the trip, we went all out. We both had Escargot (fantastic!) as an appetizer. I had the Tenderloin and my wife had the Rosemary lamb shanks. Both dishes were absolutely awesome.

The second time, was last year at the Wine and Food festival. I took my parents and our 8 month old son. I forget what my wife had, but both my parents had the tenderloin and loved it, I had what was basically macaroni and cheese (I wasn't really that hungry). The Mac & cheese had a really tangy sauce and was baked so some of it was crunchy. I REALLY liked it and so did my son!

We've eaten every sit-down in EC (and most counter service, for that matter) except for in Mexico and China, everywhere (including counter service) in MK except Tony's, everywhere (including counter service) in MGM except Momma Melrose's (we were going to go there, but I was called away for work so I didn't get a chance to. The rest of my family went... feh) ..We really enjoyed every meal in it's own right. Even the food from the Rose and Crown was good..it was the after-effects that got me.

The best place to get a burger, though is the Grand Floridian Cafe. I got "The Floridian" (sans guacamole) and it's the BEST burger I've ever had. Even better then Le Cellier. I think we're going to start concentrating on resorts the next trip...

Upvote 0

careship

Worst dining experience

I have to say I've never really had a horrible experience. The one bad time we had was at our favorite place on the whole property...Trail's End Buffet.

My son was 8 at the time he's 12 now, and something from the buffet had a hard piece of plastic in it and it chipped his tooth. In their defense, the manager came right out and was extremely concerned, made out an incident report and they found us a dentist, brought us there and had his tooth checked out and repaired before the day was out. We still eat there every trip and never have had a problem since. We've been eating there since before it was a buffet and continue eating there. One bad experience didn't overshadow the fun and great food we'd always had there. I was shocked at how concerned and quick they were to take care of him. They even sent a get well soon basket to the room for my son when we got back to our room, offered us another days stay on them and sent a basket for my other son as well. They went way overboard in my opinion, but we've always ran into that in WDW. They go out of their way to be wonderful. I've told about other experiences that the CM's went above and beyond for other things. It truely is a magical place even if you run into a couple minor "whoops'".

Upvote 0

brisem

In April, we had the last seating for lunch at the Crystal Palace. I thought that would be the worse of the trip, but I was wrong. The worse by far was Wolfgang Puck!!!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

Huggups

Originally posted by BalooChicago

You're right. Tusker House is really good and reasonably priced. They have an excellent breakfast sandwich too.

Upvote 0

tigger1968

Worst meal?

Tony's at MK.

Loved the meatballs until I broke out in hives 30 minutes after I ate.

Do you know how hard it is to find Benadryl in the Magic Kingdom?:lookaroun

Upvote 0

johnvree

Originally posted by BeachClub
Mine was in Canada, Le Cellier Steakhouse. The food was so horrible, I would rather eat hospital food. There was absolutly NO taste or pizzaze to any of our meals. The childs steak was worse than jerky. I was just very disappointed, after all the hoop-la about it, I was expecting much more.
:hurl:

Every once in a while I read a knock on Le Cellier. I don't get it. We go every trip and we have never had anything but great food. If your opinion is based on one experience, please, try it again. If it is based on more than one experience, you either have bad luck or I have no taste buds. :lol:

Upvote 0

johnvree

Worst: AKL room service. Actually, most of the food was good. But DW's and my burger had a funny "I used to be right outside your balcony" taste.

A lot of posts have knocked L'Originale Alfredo. I have eaten there twice. I can't say the food was bad. It was just blah, and it was quite overpriced.

Upvote 0

DisneyFreak1228

bubbles

Pizza Planet.
It made me miss the nasty pizza they used to serve in school!
I know it's geared towards kids, but my brother and sister (5 and 8) didn't eat it either. :hurl:

Upvote 0

Diane Hughess

I have two "worsts". Sci Fi lunch was absolutely horrible!! I never thought anyone could mess up a SANDWICH (and it was wayyy expensive!). Coral Reef was really disappointing.. I had the lobster bisque soup--not 1 chunk of lobster, and way too much brandy or sherry or whatever kind of alcohol they put in it. I found nothing I liked on the dinner menu (no shrimp or lobster) so I ended up having a scallop appetizer for dinner..way too expensive, and I left hungry!! My favorites are Teppanyaki Dining Room and France (especially at lunch!!) and Restrauntasaurus at AK for breakfast!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom