worst disney parades

murdock

Original Poster
what would you say has to be the worst mk parade of all time or just the tackiest for me it has to be mickey mania 1995 era watching the likes of the older characters trying to be young upbeat and trendy does not really work and looks a little bit silly if you have a copy watch it again and see what you think how many parades have there been since 1990 anyway 3?

Foolish Mortal

Hands down, undisputed winner has to be Mickey Mania. Only parade I ever got up and walked away from. As I walked away, I can remember seeing a suit standing close by so I covered my ears and shook my head in dissaproval. I would love to know what he scribbled in his little notebook. I wont even listen to it on Live365.

Seasider

Mickey Mania was the very first Disney parade we watched and my kids loved it, the same year they had the Toy Story parade at MGM, well having not seen the movie at that time we did not enjoy that parade...wierd thing once we saw the movie and watched out video of the parade we soon changed our minds on the parade.

Mulan is without a doubt bottom of our list as far as parades go!

Visited in 1996, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2005/06

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
I never saw Mickey Mania but I have the 15th Anniversary Party parade on VHS buried somewhere and that was "eh" in my opinion....but had a catchy tune..."15 years...we're havin' a party...at dis-ney-world...the party's goin' strong!..." Anyone else remember that one?

Sledge

Account Suspended
murdock said:
what would you say has to be the worst mk parade of all time or just the tackiest for me it has to be mickey mania 1995 era watching the likes of the older characters trying to be young upbeat and trendy does not really work and looks a little bit silly if you have a copy watch it again and see what you think how many parades have there been since 1990 anyway 3?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liYS6EG0Mk8&search=Mickey Mania

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Sledge said:

Thank you so much for that video....it reminded me of just how bad that parade was. I was probably only 10 or 11 when I saw it for the first time but I even remember thinking then that it was really cheesy. (no pun intended) Apparently big blow up balloons of the characters were IN that year... I also didn't like the Mulan parade at MGM. I thought the Toy Story one was ok though. I dont care much for Stars and Cars.

Pirate665

Two fight for the bottom of mine: The EPL and Spectro... oh jezz... Spectro. Though, Mickey Mania was really-really-really bad too so I guess there's 3.

EDIT: Mickey Mania, the 80's called. Stop it >smack<. Thank you. Leave our stuff back in the 80's and don't make it reappear in the 90's. It isn't hip and it isn't cool. >smack<

TheDisneyMagic

From what I remember of the Mickey Mania parade was that it was quite a tacky show but I think the song was quite funny. "Yo there listen up all you rad dudes"

As for light magic, can this really be classed as a parade, it was more a show. I loved Light Magic over at Disneyland the music was great.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Mickey Mania - the company gets hip 5 years too late! I guess it hasn`t stood the test of time but at the time was quite appealing (I had a lot of relatives enjoy it) Micket Mania stemmed from, and recycled quite a lot of previous parades - the skaters for one had been around since `90.

Light Magic was technically brilliant; it was flawed from conception by it`s very concept. There was an indepth thread not so long ago on LM - a search should reveal all.

disneydaft

Not in Orlando, but the worst Disney parade I have seen is the Cinema Parade at the Studios in Paris.
I've heard rumours recently that they are getting the Stars and Motorcars parade from MGM studios.

It really is terrible especially in comparison to the Wonderful World Of Disney parade next door in Disneyland. I love the music "Dancin A Catchy Rythmn" :p

RalphieN

I guess I'm easy to please but I've never seen a Disney parade I didn't enjoy. Now the Macy's parade at Universal was really boring.

Mr Bill

I haven't actually seen many of the parades. I've seen Remember the Magic, Toy Story, Stars & Motor Cars, Share a Dream Come True, and Mickey's Jammin Jungle. Out of those, I'd have to rank Stars & Motor Cars the lowest, probably with Remember the Magic in second.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom