Worst dining experience

jesserin

Pete C said:
Pardon me, but what does DW, DH, DD, etc mean? Dear Wife?

Dear Wife... Dear Husband (although that one is up for negotiation... depending on the day it might mean dipstick or dork or a few I can't print here) ;) DD means Dear daughter and DS means Dear son... :)

ArielBelle

lawyergirl77 said:
I'll second that - worst counter service meal I've ever had in the parks... Totally not worth the money (and I normally like WDW food!!)

Worst table service meal? Hmmm... I'd have to say it's a toss up between the Coral Reef and the Sci-Fi. (although I know I'm pretty alone for the latter!)

I love Sci-Fi's theming, it is my favorite theme in disney world...my only problem is the exceptionally small menu. I wish they had more entree choices. My sister and I always go without our parents for our night out (and to let my parents have their night out) and we always get the ribs, but I wish I could have more to choose from.

natalia1681

ArielBelle said:
I love Sci-Fi's theming, it is my favorite theme in disney world...my only problem is the exceptionally small menu. I wish they had more entree choices. My sister and I always go without our parents for our night out (and to let my parents have their night out) and we always get the ribs, but I wish I could have more to choose from.

I have to agree with the small menu choice at Sci-Fi. I loved the themeing and general atmosphere. When I was there, though, by the time our food got out to the table, mine was cold. My server was extremely polite though and immediately got me fresh, hot food.

I think that the Nine Dragons sucked. We ordered General Tso Chicken. It tasted like barbeque. And I asked if I could have fried rice, instead of steamed, and our waitress said no.

I couldn't really see the big deal in switching the steamed and the fried, but that was okay, because I ate all of the steamed rice, because I had to have something to take away the taste of the chicken:lol:

HiddenMinnie

This might sound strange, but I actually like hearing what restaurants that people don't like! We are planning a trip for August and some of the restaurants that I have looked at are some that I have seen on this thread. I will be checking a few off my list now!

I will have to agree with a few of you though. The ABC Commissary was aweful!!!:hurl: I will never step foot in there again! As far as table service, I would have to say the food at Cinderella's Royal Table (breakfast). We went there mainly just to see the princesses (we have 4 daughters!), but for a $110 breakfast, I was really disappointed with the food.:( We are going to dine with the princesses again this summer, but this time we are going to try Cinderella's Gala Feast at 1900 Park Fare (Grand Floridian). Anyone have any comments on that dinner?

MissM

I've had two utterly inedible "meals" (because calling the burger and chicken nuggets they served us "food" is being too generous) at ABC Commissary :hurl: and horrible experience at Rainforest (overpriced, terrible service, sub-par food), but the single worst was Planet Hollywood in DTD. They sat us at this microscopic table right on the edge of the walkway. Love got bumped into about two or three dozen times by the waiters literally pushing past and even had soda spilled on him one of the times. Our burgers took about an hour to arrive, were wrong and were badly cooked. I would never eat there again.
-m

Pizza Guy

The last two times we have eaten at Alfredo's, the service has been terrible and the food has been incredibly ordinary. This used to be one of our favorite restaurants, and now it has officially been crossed off our list of 'Must eats" when traveling to WDW.

Unplugged

Sci-fi just isn't the same...

lawyergirl77 said:
Worst table service meal? Hmmm... I'd have to say it's a toss up between the Coral Reef and the Sci-Fi. (although I know I'm pretty alone for the latter!)

Sci-fi used to be a total flash-back experience to when I was a kid and my parents took me to the drive-in. My strawberry shakes had whipped creme, a cherry, a little vanilla wafer-cookie, and chunks of actual strawberries. And my cheeseburger was just like I had at the real drive-ins as a kid...with crinkle cut fries! The menu was very drive-in centric and well themed. I remember the smell of Popcorn the first time I was there. Oh, and let's not forget the skilled staff on skates.

Now the shakes are more McD's style than I care for, the menu is something like a bar/steakhouse/anything-but-a-drive-in type, and you see 1 person on skates if your lucky. Not too mention the pricing going up so drastically and my fries turing into shoestrings. I'll pay the higher price if the quality would stay the same or improve.

I want my drive-in shake and crinkle-cut fries! :(

Dwarful

Rainforest Cafe AK location hands down. So bad everyone in our group left, leaving me to pay for our drinks while the others found somewhere else to eat.

The only other time we were not happy at a meal at WDW would have been once at Germany's Biergarten (one of our must do twice) when we were a Grand Gathering of 12, late seating, our waiter acted like we were interupting his evening. Took our drink orders, brought our drinks and then left us for the evening until he came to bring the bill with the automatic 20% tip included. We put our empty plates on the vacant table behind us and had to flag down someone to refill our drinks. But that was the only time we had bad service at the Biergarten and we have dined at the Biergarten numerous times.

col

pop century for me -nothing is even nice about that place from the food being cold inside, black spots on the desserts to the lettuce being brown and still served!! i ate out at other resorts and in the parks and it was so much better in so many ways!!!

it wasnt my worst dining experince but i didnt like it. mine was at cinderellas royal breakfast on xmas day '05. wont be going there again. I thought the place would be crowd heavy but it was packed althgough i didnt have to wait for my table my pace wasnt cleaned there was scrammbled eggs still on the seats and table cloth. the waitress finally came over and i explained to her that i dont eat meat or cheese and all i wanted was scrammbled eggs so she brings over the pastry basket and oj and coffee which i didnt ask for and they drinks just went to waste. the scrammbled eggs came over with something which i didnt order but she said it was off the kids menu :veryconfu and what looked like to me as french toast deep fat fried and with sugar all over it and with a bowl of syrup in the middle -i took one bite and thought i was gonna throw up it was nasty!!! another thing which ed me off was even though its a "buffet" i didnt get up and get my food and that ed me off.

some of the best places i have eaten in WDW are:
all star sports
cosmic rays - soya burger and fries with as many mushrooms as i wanted off the bar.
main street bakery -anytime of the day.
donalds breakfastosaurus -i only wish i had been there earlier in my holiday coz its one of my fave places.

saltmom1

I can't believe I'm hearing that there are bad experiences at Prime Time ! That was my BEST experience ! On the same trip we went to Shutter's ( we were staying at CBR ). NEVER AGAIN ! It was not busy and the service was terrible and the food left a lot to be desired.

islandbeachnut

We have two:

1. Rainforest Cafe at Animal Kingdom - In our family of five, we all hated the food, never again. :fork:

2. Hoop Dee Doo Revue - In a word: YUCK:fork: . The show was pretty entertaining though.

kreiderr

#1 The Rainforest Cafe at the Animal Kingdom: Bad Service, average food.

#2 The Coral Reef: Too expensive for the amount of food you get.

#3 The Restaurant on top of the Contemporary: Great View, but the food is just not what I'm interested in and VERRRRY expensive.

DisneyGrown-Up

My worst dining experience, but not because of the food, came about last year at the '50s Prime Time Cafe. Our server was supposed to be our "sister", but she wasn't in character. She explained to us that they usually get more in character when there are a lot of people in the restaurant. I felt a little robbed, but the food still tasted great.

When we go next year, I wouldn't mind stopping here again.

Sincerely,

John "DisneyGrown-Up" Kilduff

islandbeachnut

kreiderr said:
#3 The Restaurant on top of the Contemporary: Great View, but the food is just not what I'm interested in and VERRRRY expensive.

OOH, now I must say that the California Grill is our absolute favorite WDW restaurant. I wish we were having dinner there tonight :cry: .

EpcotGrl

1) Alfredo's at Epcot - we ordered off the kid's menu, which seemed to make our waiter quite unhappy with us. The food was utterly ordinary, which made me wish we'd gone to Olive Garden instead.

2) Coral Reef at Epcot - Eh sums up the food quite nicely. Great ambiance, but other than that...eh.

...and I've not been pleased with anything at DTD. Rainforest, Planet Hollywood, etc. have all been bland and/or poor service.

NCState

The food at WDW is very good; however, I guess we went on an off day at the LTT. It was the worst meal for the week, it was just microwaved typed food, we were disappointed because I could cook that StoveTop Stuffing at home:(

When we go on vacation, we like food that we can't find at home, it just makes our vacation that much more special.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom